New Ride Ideas | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Ride Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i'm thinking of that... i'm going on a limb but i think universals thinking of it for a ride or attraction. not sure but i think now due to the robots universal could be another huge help for paramount.

New ride idea: Spongebob Squarepants attraction

I think that a ride themed to Spongebob Squarepants would undoubtedly be popular. Merchandise sells like crazy, and I think a family friendly ride like this would work well in our park (and eventually USF, USS, and USJ).

Guests could board those burger cars seen in The Spongebob Movie, drive around Bikini Bottom, and encounter familiar characters. Plankon is up to his antics again, and chaos insues. In the end, Spongebob saves the day. Kind of a cookie-cutter story, but I think it'd work.

Honestly, there is an infinite amount of storylines that would work for a Spongebob ride and you can take it in many directions. It'd be a perfect ride!

Heck, imagine the practical effects of a Spongebob and Patrick animatronic blowing real bubbles at us....

Reactions: William
New Ride Idea: Avengers meet Misterious Black

Description

Misterious Black has joined the Avengers after a experiment gone horribly wrong to fight off invasions caused by Loki,Thanos,and The Blackout (the main antagonist of my said character). Misterious will take down the Blackout and Loki with his energy balls. The Blackout summons Black Energized Electric Balls on the Avengers and Misterious.Prevent the dangers of Loki,Thanos,and the Blackout.Use your Black laser guns and prevent the threat

Ride type:Shooting Dark Ride

Manufacturer:Sally Corporation

Location:Universal Studios Hollywood Lower Lot right next to Revenge of the Mummy

Note:Misterious Black will be my Marvel character and a hero mixed with Robocop,Daredevil,Hulk,and Batman

Avengers and any new Marvel attraction is not allowed to be in any Universal park, especially Hollywood, since it is now owned by Disney. It's only allowed in Orlando and Japan, but that's due to an existing contract, which allows them to keep the existing rides only, and not anything new

Avengers and any new Marvel attraction is not allowed to be in any Universal park, especially Hollywood, since it is now owned by Disney. It's only allowed in Orlando and Japan, but that's due to an existing contract, which allows them to keep the existing rides only, and not anything new
Have you know this Misterious thing. I know Misterious is my Marvel character and will be owned by Disney also.

I have some ideas:

Robocop

Inception

10,000 BC

Sucker Punch

I wouldn't place Due Date,The Hangover,and 300 because that it would ruin the park and they're hardcore Rs 

Everything you said is from Warner. NO. i'm all fine for potter but not anything else. One ride i now want is Warcraft as a special effects show like turtletrek at seaworld orlando that it would be cool. The reason is only if Warcraft works in theatres i'd guessing they will team with blizzard and make a film like what they have with the software from the cinematic trailers of the recent Blizzard games.

New ride idea: Hollywood Dream Coaster

USH has the problem of not having any real roller coasters. This would help solve that issue. The station would be set up where Shrek is. This would be a B&M coaster modeled after the Hulk, and the station would take the place of Shrek. The lift hill would go over the village shops at the entrance and swoop down over by where WaterWorld is. The track would go by the entrance, straight through the first half of CityWalk, and turn in the dome back to WaterWorld. The restraints would have scream shields like Maliboomer (formerly) at DCA to reduce noise. You would also get to select the music that you want.

In one shot, we would get a real roller coaster and replace Shrek, making the most out of its space. Not only that, but it would be nestled into the park enough to where it wouldn't create much of a noise issue.

Reactions: Jon Fu
New ride idea: Hollywood Dream Coaster

USH has the problem of not having any real roller coasters. This would help solve that issue.
I agree. I definitely think we're due for a proper coaster (and boy, I'd love one!), but unless they can make one that's almost completely silent, I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon. The park already receives complaints from Halloween Horror Nights, so I don't think a year-round coaster would ever make it past the snuff test at the park. I'm not sure what Disney did, but I don't think it'd work for a full-fledged coaster like you proposed.

If they do manage to solve the noise issue (and this is a big if), I'd love to see something on the scale of Hollywood Dream in Japan here in Hollywood. It doesn't need to be thrilling, but I think it'd be a great opportunity to offer sweeping views of the San Fernando valley.

Speaking of views, what about a PeopleMover?

On the podcast Chris said something about an Apollo 13 drop tower which I thought would be cool. I would like to see a drop tower here at USH similar to tower of terror or the upcoming falcon's fury at Busch gardens Tampa.

Also if mummy was to be rethemed I think Apollo 13 or back to the future would be cool replacements.

Wasn't Apollo 13 planned for Florida but scrapped for mummy.

Another idea is a dark ride similar to the great movie ride at disney's Hollywood studios featuring classic universal films (universal monsters, dragonheart, e.t., the thing, jaws, back to the future, etc.)

I agree. I definitely think we're due for a proper coaster (and boy, I'd love one!), but unless they can make one that's almost completely silent, I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon. The park already receives complaints from Halloween Horror Nights, so I don't think a year-round coaster would ever make it past the snuff test at the park. I'm not sure what Disney did, but I don't think it'd work for a full-fledged coaster like you proposed.

If they do manage to solve the noise issue (and this is a big if), I'd love to see something on the scale of Hollywood Dream in Japan here in Hollywood. It doesn't need to be thrilling, but I think it'd be a great opportunity to offer sweeping views of the San Fernando valley.

Speaking of views, what about a PeopleMover?
Disney had scream shields that went over the hills. Maybe the coaster that I proposed could do something like that.

Also, I know Terminator 2:3D was originally planned as an indoor/outdoor coaster. Maybe they can do that where WaterWorld is. That could still be iscolated enough from the neighbors and the studio.

But still, going back to the coaster I had proposed, a good coaster doesn't have to have heights. All they need are some sharp curves/drops for some good airtime and maybe a barrel roll or a loop, and they can do it. It doesn't have to be as high as the Hulk. Just do what Screamin' does at DCA and have some "scream tunnels" at certain points. There's ways to make it quiet.

Another idea is a dark ride similar to the great movie ride at disney's Hollywood studios featuring classic universal films (universal monsters, dragonheart, e.t., the thing, jaws, back to the future, etc.)
I agree, but theme it to Universal's monsters. Put it where HoH is and extend the ride's building to the globe theater, and this can be done. They can even have multi-levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something on the scale of Japan's Hollywood Dream would be fantastic. Nothing too wild, but just enough thrills! The idea of using scream shields similar to DCA's old Maliboomer is a neat idea, except for one flaw: everyone HATED the scream shields when the ride operated in DCA. It was extremely claustrophobic and has more negatives than positives.

If they positioned the coaster in a way that it didn't affect any "neighbors", I'd be all for it.

A PeopleMover would be AMAZING for USH! Have it go from a few stops in the upper lot, all the way down to the Lower Lot. Unfortunately that'd be waaaay too costly and not offer much of a return, especially when they already have the escalators.