Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Ride Ideas

I don't see it due to the intensity of the movie, with guns and stuff, HoH doesn't count.

I don't see a problem with the gun aspect. RIPD looked like a poor mans MIB. Had the movie been decent and not bombed it could have worked as a ride.

I saw this idea on another website. As jmills said, had the movie been decent and didn't heavily bomb for Universal, it would've been maybe...workablel. But it IS too similar to MIB. Either way, RIPD doesn't visually lend itself to a theme park ride. Not much you can realistically do. I'd rather see something like Van Helsing or Pacific Rim as a ride, or heck, if you're doing a shooting ride, do one with a zombie movie.

I saw this idea on another website. As jmills said, had the movie been decent and didn't heavily bomb for Universal, it would've been maybe...workablel. But it IS too similar to MIB. Either way, RIPD doesn't visually lend itself to a theme park ride. Not much you can realistically do. I'd rather see something like Van Helsing or Pacific Rim as a ride, or heck, if you're doing a shooting ride, do one with a zombie movie.
It will be a shooting ride. R.I.P.D is a shooting movie. Deados are zombies.

Pacific Rim will be awesome if Universal Studios has a Pacific Rim ride called Pacific Rim: Battle of the Jaegers 3D. It will be like The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Islands of Adventure with scenes of Pacific Rim play and riders are part of the action. Riders board their Jaegers. The first screen shows  the Kaiju has risen from the interdimensional portal in the Pacific Ocean  just like in the opening.Then the Jaegers move forward to the second screen which shows their base while the Pacific Rim Government discontinues the Jaeger project.One of the elevators go up to simulate the riders in the Jaegers are being redeployed to Hong Kong along with the other Jaegers. Gipsy Danger moves the rider's Jaeger to a big battle with the Kaiju in Hong Kong.The action comes with Gipsy Danger and the rider's Jaeger fight the Kaiju. The rider's Jaeger fights the Kaiju while Gipsy Danger fights the other one.Another screen shows the newborn Kaiju bursts from its mother and swallows Chau before dying. The rider's Jaeger avoids the mother Kaiju when the Kaiju dies.Gipsy Danger and the riders go to the portal.Gipsy seizes the final Kaiju and ejects Raleigh and Mako. Gipsy's core explodes sending the riders to go down in the second elevator. Chau escapes from the newborns stomach and says that the riders saved the Earth.Then before going to the unload area,the riders see the mother Kaiju that died.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is one case where i would like the simpsons ride replaced by this. this would work and that would fit the building due to being the bttf ride. i would if they want pacific rim that would be ideal for that location.

As a replacement for Simpsons, yeah, that'd be great. But an entirely new ride that's basically a clone of Transformers, ehh, not a fan.

Same ride system, sure, but the overall experience would need to be different.

More the reason I wouldn't wanna see it....

I'd rather see something like War of the Worlds become a ride. There aren't enough rides that feature Aliens. It would be very eerie to have a ride vehicle go through destroyed (physical) sets from WotW and then have some scenes of alien tripods attacking us.

Kind of unrelated, but if I could have ANY Universal movie as a ride it would be Hellboy 2. No idea how it would lend itself to a ride, but it would still be rad. And maybe I can show off my Abe and Hellboy tattoos without being ashamed. xD

well i have one idea that would replace the mummy. the ride is a new concept never before done by intamin and on the ride rider's go in a larger soundstage that's rebuilt for this ride and at part's it duels with other vechicles ontrack. this ride would be at the size of space mountain and would pack 4 inversions not counting the biggest of them. the biggest is when 2 car's go in brakes they meet up butting car's seeing these things that i'm not sure. but they are going up on a elevatior style lift and at the top  the ride just halt's and rider's then have the drop mechanisim from Thir13teen and Verbolten and goes backwards to a switchtrack one leads to the ending but one leads to a launch area to get back to the lift. any ideas on the ride theme let me know but it would be a nice addition and would be Indoor's.

I had a few ideas myself.

GODZILLA: The Ride

Since Universal and Legendary teamed up I figured Godzilla would be a great attraction.

This could potentially replace the Simpsons ride as a motion simulator. The facade would be a destroyed city. The building would have red debris, flipped cars sticking out of it, and all sorts of mess. The queue would be you navigating through a destroyed city with occasional earthquake sounds. When you enter the pre-show room I imagine the wall you face would have a cutout with a big monitor showing the whole city on fire and occasionally the shadow of Godzilla would show up. 

The story would be this:

Godzilla has destroyed the city. You are a volunteer who has agreed to help clean up the city. The monitors would introduce the new vehicle you'll be taking to help cleanup the city. Your job would be to hop in the cleanup vehicle and head out to clean the mess. Of course Godzilla is still around which would be emphasized that he can come at any moment. The pre-show would show you the destruction and some backstory about Godzilla. Once in the cars it would be just like BTTF/TSR.

The ride footage would be you speeding through the city when you stop to start your cleanup. A voice would say "Alright recruits, let's get to work" when suddenly we hear the rhythmic steps of Godzilla and his head bursts into view and the chase begins. The footage would be ups and downs, spins, and all that good stuff. A scene could include hiding in a skyscraper being quiet as Godzilla passes then when it's quiet he rears his head up and roars. Just when you think you've escaped another monster appears and you're caught in the brawl. We end of course escaping and exiting the attraction.

It's a rough idea but I think it's a neat idea.

BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE RIDE PART II

Yeah yeah here I go with the BTTF whining again.

Long before Star Tours I had an idea for BTTF:TR. It could get a major refurb which would feature traveling through many different time periods instead of just 3 all the time. Like Star Tours, no two rides would be the same. One period could be the old west, one period could be the far future in an apocalypse, one could even be Universal Studios in the 30's, and so on and so forth. The 8 passenger DeLorean time machine would have a new feature. Not only can it travel through time, but space as well. That sets it up for unlimited possibilities. It would also be neat to have the original 3 time periods redone in glorious HD.

I'd want the CG of the ride to be groundbreaking. Hire ILM and such instead of cheaping out. The building can remain the same, but some new queue footage would be great.

The story would be this:

"Krusty the clown has to sell Krustyland (at least in Hollywood) due to the fact a guest ate a burger that was way past it's prime thus sueing Krustyland for everything it's got. Doc Brown decides to buy back the property to rebuild the IFT. He wants to bring back the idea of time traveling for pleasure. This time of course as mentioned the time machines can now travel through space as well allowing you to instantly travel to anywhere you want on earth at any point in time. You've been invited to test these new vehicles. Trouble starts when Biff (modern Biff) wants to sabatash the project in order to change the past to his liking. He sneaks in the IFT with the rest of you and soon enough starts trouble. Biff manages to steal another time machine and heads off. It's up to you to stop him.

^ love those two ideas! A randomized BTTF ride would've been amazing, and wouldn't have to rely on going to 2015 all the time.

As for Godzilla, I'd rather see a combo dark ride/simulator that also features an animatronic godzilla.

If people see Pitch Perfect,then The Pitch Perfect Experience will be a good idea. It will look like The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios.You can choose a group like Treblemakers,Barden Bellas,and all these groups