NBA City Closed | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK Cheesecake Factory is no longer an option for CityWalk.

That's good. Blue Sky time: I'd like to see another custom Universal concept, possibly an Asian restaurant? Mythos' menu has a lot of Asian influences, so it's not outside Chef Jayson's wheelhouse.

I know ill get some flack for this but I wouldn't mind seeing some type of theme restaurant along the lines of T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe, something like that to really grab the attention of the family crowd. Im a sucker for those themed restaurants :lol:

Themed restaurants are great. Tasteless, low-quality food on the other hand...

I know ill get some flack for this but I wouldn't mind seeing some type of theme restaurant along the lines of T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe, something like that to really grab the attention of the family crowd. Im a sucker for those themed restaurants :lol:

I'll be honest, isn't that what Hard Rock and Margaritaville are for the Universal demographic? It's basically all the same food. With Cowfish and the Grill and Brew, I don't think we need another spin on American type food.

In fact, I'm of the opinion we don't need another restaurant in CityWalk, period.

That's good. Blue Sky time: I'd like to see another custom Universal concept, possibly an Asian restaurant? Mythos' menu has a lot of Asian influences, so it's not outside Chef Jayson's wheelhouse.

I'm hoping for a big shop/entertainment concept. A Nintendo World shop with Nintendo arcade machines would be cool.

Reactions: Quint
I'll be honest, isn't that what Hard Rock and Margaritaville are for the Universal demographic? It's basically all the same food. With Cowfish and the Grill and Brew, I don't think we need another spin on American type food.

In fact, I'm of the opinion we don't need another restaurant in CityWalk, period.

I'm hoping for a big shop/entertainment concept. A Nintendo World shop with Nintendo arcade machines would be cool.

Im talking more like the environment of the restaurant, whether it is a jungle or prehistoric world and how it engulfs you in a different world. Perfect example would be something like the Landry Aquarium restaurants.

The Nintendo shop idea would be pretty great also

Speculation: Nintendo barcade and restaurant.

Speculation: pan Asian restaurant themed to Port of Entry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find it funny we talked about this on the podcast the day before it happened... But as we mentioned NBC Sports Grill coming this closure was a no brainer. I'm actually more shocked Disney is taking this given its lackluster performance at Citywalk.

Also how does NBA City fit in with the theme of Disney Springs?

I'd love to see Uni do something like DisneyQuest, but actually good. :lol: Could be something they bundle in with whatever ticket offerings they have once Volcano Bay opens, similar to Disney's "Water Parks & More".

Also how does NBA City fit in with the theme of Disney Springs?

One of the springs is Gatorade, obviously.

I WANT THIS! Lol. Imagine each room being themed to a different Spielberg movie. Even the ones he produced.

Capture0001.JPG

Way off topic, but I went to Google Maps to see what the space where NBA City is in relation to the park... and how long has the property been rendered in 3-D???

"Fun" fact: Shortly after opening, they had to lighten the statue of the basketball player (in front of NBA City) by paining a gold patina on it because people complained the player looked "too black". :bonk:

Anyway... I'm not a betting man, but I would say there's a very high chance this will be a Uni Owned & Operated replacement. Why split money with an outside company when you can do it yourself? It seems to be their M.O. lately.

The location is a challenge. It's hard to get people to THAT side of the river. That's why Hard Rock had to install that huge ugly sequin sign that you can see from a mile away, and NBA City had to put the statue out front to act as a weenie. The only people that go to that side of the river are those traversing from park-to-park.

Status
Not open for further replies.