NBA City Closed | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, CF would be crazy popular.

I see both sides of it. Yeah there's a cheesecake factory at millennia but isn't Uni trying to keep people on property much as possible? the EXTRA extended menu will appeal for more masses of people. i myself love unique choices but i know a lot of people who eat at places they feel comfortable with. i.e a lot of my friends wont step foot into Mythos because then they have to try something new but rather go to like a Red Robbins, Dave n Busters, or something (taking us off property). i myself will try to eat something new but i wont comprise my whole vacation on experimenting. I'd love a good 50/50 balance of sit down venues that are both original and normal. The NASCAR might be our new original place and NBA might become our new unoriginal place. both sides win. Uni might make an agreement with CF and offer unique foods and cheesecakes that will be completely original like a all green apple cheesecake (Grinch) or a banana cheesecake (Minions).

Side note: CF is a nicely themed restaurant off property. Imagine how nice it would be with Uni's mind behind it. Imagine the facades they can built overlooking the waterway as you enter.

Sorry for my ranting. I'm just sitting here at work. :dance:

I just wanted to add that when I am talking about a themed restaurant I mean something a little more special than themed to a nice restaurant. Especially for the location of NBA.

If they're opening Cheesecake Factory then just open a Red Robin at NASCAR Grille. I think NBA is next up once they tick UOR off, but I really hope it's not Cheesecake Factory.

The Cheesecake Factory and Grand Luxe are literally the worst contributions the USA has to offer the culinary world. 4,000 calorie plates from a 22-page menu with ads on every other page. These restaurants are why people hate us ;)

That being said, the Thai Chicken Pasta from CF is to die for, and the restaurant would do gangbusters in CityWalk.

The Cheesecake Factory and Grand Luxe are literally the worst contributions the USA has to offer the culinary world. 4,000 calorie plates from a 22-page menu with ads on every other page. These restaurants are why people hate us ;)

That being said, the Thai Chicken Pasta from CF is to die for, and the restaurant would do gangbusters in CityWalk.

LOL! Too funny! Too true!

From Wiki:
"The Cheesecake Factory has been criticized for their heavy promotion of large servings of high calorie and high fat foods, and a corresponding lack of healthy menu options. For these reasons, the chain was dubbed the "worst family restaurant in America" for 2010 by Men's Health magazine. The average sandwich at the restaurant contains 1,400 calories. In 2013 the Center For Science in the Public Interest gave a better understanding toward some of the food found at The Cheesecake Factory, including the "Crispy Chicken Costoletta" that has more calories (2,610) than a 12-piece bucket of fried chicken from KFC and The Cheesecake Factory's "Bistro Shrimp Pasta" dish, which had more calories than any other entree from a national chain restaurant at 3,120 calories, with 89 grams of saturated fat. The USDA states in its dietary guidelines that a typical adult should consume about 2,000 calories and no more than 20 grams of saturated fat per day."

From Wiki:
"The Cheesecake Factory has been criticized for their heavy promotion of large servings of high calorie and high fat foods, and a corresponding lack of healthy menu options. For these reasons, the chain was dubbed the "worst family restaurant in America" for 2010 by Men's Health magazine. The average sandwich at the restaurant contains 1,400 calories. In 2013 the Center For Science in the Public Interest gave a better understanding toward some of the food found at The Cheesecake Factory, including the "Crispy Chicken Costoletta" that has more calories (2,610) than a 12-piece bucket of fried chicken from KFC and The Cheesecake Factory's "Bistro Shrimp Pasta" dish, which had more calories than any other entree from a national chain restaurant at 3,120 calories, with 89 grams of saturated fat. The USDA states in its dietary guidelines that a typical adult should consume about 2,000 calories and no more than 20 grams of saturated fat per day."

Good. GET IN MY BELLY!!!! :drool: :lol:

Huge CF fan here...and while I wouldn't be upset to see them build one at UOR, I feel they could do better. I like the original ideas they've been rolling out so far and I feel that they already have the "mainstream" public satisfied with the BK Whopper Bar and the Hard Rock Cafe. As it stands, just about ANYTHING would be better at CityWalk! than NBA City. :smiley:

I think Grand Lux would only work if it was heavily advertised and marketed on property as a Cheesecake Factory brand. It's highly likely the next brand we see on property will be something familiar but upper-mid. I would expect a dining option that you could find at Millenia, Pointe Orlando or Tampa's Internation Plaza. Go look at the difference between Hard Rock Cafe on a slow night and Vivo on the same night.

What I would love to see CityWalk add is something along the line of Adventurer's Club. Ever since PI closed its left a hole in the market, and it had a huge cult following. NBA City's location would be perfect too being out of the way and near IOA. Change the theme so it's not a direct copy, say washed-up circus/carnival/vaudeville/theater performers lamenting tales of their past glory. For those of you who never got to experience Adventurers Club it was unlike any club ever done before. It was quiet, compared to the dance clubs, and it followed the theme of the Jungle Cruise. The idea was the Adventurers from JC would meet at this private club and share tales of their world travels. They had all these improv actors who would sit down at your table, have a drink, and share stories. Then there would be skits and raunchy songs and all the crazy stuff in the walls came to life and joined in. So much fun.

You would think with the popularity of BoG, Springfield, T-Rex, LC/3 Brooms, etc. Uni would get the hint about themed dining locals. Uni has plants of IPs to draw from.

I know it has kind of been talked about before here and there but I think I would really enjoy a Universal Monsters restaurant done up like that description of the Adventurer's Club would be amazing(never got to see it). Now I know USF has the Monster Cafe but with talk of going away off and on I've got to think there is something to that. Besides while I love the decor of the Cafe the menu leaves something to be desired. I see this concept as having an even better atmosphere and maybe a menu inspired by the Old World and regions of the Classic Monsters and hopefully a gift shop full of monster merchandise.

I believe that the NBC Sports Areana will provide all the sports bar pub grub that CW needs.

CF has a massive crowd pleasing menu, and even some of their mall locations have some pretty interesting theming. What if the CW CF has some over the top theming? Would that make it more acceptable to those looking for a more unique establishment? They could even tie it into the Port of Entry theming.

Last edited:
If having a location on I-Drive puts B-Dubs out then CF would be out too. I just heard of the nickname B-Dubs recently, could anyone explain it to me?

While many of the CF locations have very nice themes they are still generic restaurant themes, not themed to something. The way I feel is with the predominant stand alone location that NBA has the replacement should have a unique concise theme. Maybe if they did an original hybrid like a "_____ by Cheesecake Factory" kind of deal.

If having a location on I-Drive puts B-Dubs out then CF would be out too. I just heard of the nickname B-Dubs recently, could anyone explain it to me?

While many of the CF locations have very nice themes they are still generic restaurant themes, not themed to something. The way I feel is with the predominant stand alone location that NBA has the replacement should have a unique concise theme. Maybe if they did an original hybrid like a "_____ by Cheesecake Factory" kind of deal.

B-Dubs comes from the initials (BWW)...when you say it out (Bee Double-You) you shorten it to just B Dubs. I've also heard people call it BW3 but that really makes no sense lol.

And I agree with what you're saying about theming. The big chains at Citywalk are still novelty locations. A Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood type place would fit better. What I could maybe see them doing is naming/theming the restaurant to something completely original and then simply have its menu provided by Cheesecake Factory. I think the restaurant at Disney Quest had a deal set up like this a while back, right? That way, Universal keeps up their thing for unique locations, but wins with a well-liked and broad menu. Unless Universal really wants to use the Cheesecake Factory name to draw people in...

Status
Not open for further replies.