Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Music... yet again...

Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
Ok, someone solve this for me.

I have the 1999 edition of the CD music released for IOA. I have the Special Edition CD music. Finally, I have the final edition CD music from after 1999.

There is a major piece of music missing... it is the waterfront terraces music... it is very inspiring and grand yet exists nowhere but there. Does anyone have a master copy of that music? It was never released but is played till this day. It has a "boom chum, boom chum, boom chum, chaaaaaaaaa!" orchestral beginning to it. It was probably intended to suggest that "you are here" after the port of entry. It is a grand theme.

First of all, you are a lucky duck to have all three CDs. I would die if I could get my hands on them. Second, isn't what you're talking about the Call to Adventure?

My daughter and I just googled "call to adventure music" and the Mummy 3 music did come up. I played the U-tube video first on the list and we agreed that it did feel like we were walking into IOA again. Not sure if that is the exact music as it did slow down a bit but we didnt' hang out at the entrance long enough to hear that portion if it was the music. If it isn't the music that is played at the entrance it is VERY close! Gave me chills!

I have listened to each of the Youtube vidoes provided here and they could be correct. I played them for my daughter and she said the first one...the one we looked up and came up with the Mummy3 was what was playing when we entered the park. Is it possible they play a different one for different days? I just remember being Thrilled at the entrance since we were there for hotel guests at the opening and then at the Grand Opening of the WWOHP the next day. They could have been playing the theme to ET for all I knew but it did send remembered shivers up my spine when I heard the theme to the Mummy 3. We were there for 4 days at Guest Opening hours so I could be wrong.

Yeah i've been trying to find music for years, songs that aren't on the soundtrack. Especially in Marvel..lots of songs there not included on the soundtrack

^ That's my favorite Marvel song! They really should release an updated copy with more of the songs that we've never heard on CD, and including the WWoHP ones. The now "retro" Merlinwoods ones would be awesome too. I'm sure every IoA fan out there would buy a copy.

No that's not it. This is the song I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPz37Uo849w

That one is on the CD. The music I am talking about is WAY down next to the rails of the waterfront. Most noticeable on the right hand side of the terrace above the skipper tour dock. It is a completely different tune. Someone posted a video of the castle being built 5 months ago from that location and you could hear the music being played in the background. I should have grabbed it then and asked.

On another note, I don't believe they play "The Adventure Lives On" music in the exit from the park any longer if they ever did. It is quite grand and sounds like something written for an Olympics grand opening ceremony.

Last edited:
That one is on the CD. The music I am talking about is WAY down next to the rails of the waterfront. Most noticeable on the right hand side of the terrace above the skipper tour dock. It is a completely different tune. Someone posted a video of the castle being built 5 months ago from that location and you could hear the music being played in the background. I should have grabbed it then and asked.

On another note, I don't believe they play "The Adventure Lives On" music in the exit from the park any longer if they ever did. It is quite grand and sounds like something written for an Olympics grand opening ceremony.
Well I know that the POE and Entrance plaza music is an hour or so long loop so it's quite possible you heard one of the variations of the Call to Adventure...the one that sounds an awful lot like the music from Hook it's my favorite part in the loop...also their is a track entitled Island Skipper Tours on the IOA CD that I suppose is played in that area but I've never heard it..Other than that idk...

btw another song played in Marvel is a song called Spybreak

I think they might sometimes play The Adventure Lives On or variations of it now in the middle of the day in the main PoE plaza. I know at night they almost always play variations of Ocean Trader Market in the PoE street and entrance/exit plaza.

Well I know that the POE and Entrance plaza music is an hour or so long loop so it's quite possible you heard one of the variations of the Call to Adventure...the one that sounds an awful lot like the music from Hook it's my favorite part in the loop...

There are variations of Call to Adventure and it's a one hour loop??? Are you positive of this? Yeeesh... you might be right. I was hoping it was a totally separate piece. Teebin wants his triple "boom chum" part. Trouble is, now I cannot even recall where the music goes after the "boom chum" part yet I know it is entirely different melody from the standard Call to Adventure on the CD. So, this would mean that you get "Call" at the beginning of the park, then you get Ocean Trader Market, then you are back to "Call" down by the waterfront? I have never heard Skipper Island Tours played in the park. It kind of does not fit as it sounds like a drunken popeye toonish song. Perhaps it was piped into the boats only?

*embarking on safari for the elusive "boom chum"*

There are variations of Call to Adventure and it's a one hour loop??? Are you positive of this? Yeeesh... you might be right. I was hoping it was a totally separate piece. Teebin wants his triple "boom chum" part. Trouble is, now I cannot even recall where the music goes after the "boom chum" part yet I know it is entirely different melody from the standard Call to Adventure on the CD. So, this would mean that you get "Call" at the beginning of the park, then you get Ocean Trader Market, then you are back to "Call" down by the waterfront? I have never heard Skipper Island Tours played in the park. It kind of does not fit as it sounds like a drunken popeye toonish song. Perhaps it was piped into the boats only?

*embarking on safari for the elusive "boom chum"*

Ocean plays at the area with the jigs and turnstiles. The Call plays in the small square where you pick up the maps. Then it goes back to Ocean and variations of Call. Then its the full blown Call in the waterfront plaza. I'm not sure what plays down at the waterfront. At night it seems its the same scheme but with variations that are more relaxed. I'm also searching for this song you're talking about.

I feel your pain Teebatron. I've always wanted a CD of all the music foun in USF but those songs can't even be found on youtube!!!! I too shall join the search for your elusive BOOM CHUM track, it's the least I can do for all the info you provided me/us.

Update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwuwxMFRVE

at the part when the cam looks over at DD, the music sounds kinda like u described..is this it??? I'll keep lookin until u tell me to stop

Last edited:
I feel your pain Teebatron. I've always wanted a CD of all the music foun in USF but those songs can't even be found on youtube!!!! I too shall join the search for your elusive BOOM CHUM track, it's the least I can do for all the info you provided me/us.

Update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwuwxMFRVE

at the part when the cam looks over at DD, the music sounds kinda like u described..is this it??? I'll keep lookin until u tell me to stop

nah, that is a faked in sound track and little if nothing played at UOR. Part of it was Indiana Jones and the other was classical Strauss waltzes. Thanks for searching though!