Music... yet again... | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Music... yet again...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have been listening to Bulleye's most excellent recording on and off all day. Phew... I really needed that as I would always try to conjure in my head what the other tunes are and with all of the theme park distraction, could just not get past my "boom chum". William Kidd takes inspiration from John William's pieces me thinks. The mid parts have extremely close note changes to ET and the Boom Chum part has very similar phrases found in Indiana Jones II. You made my day Bullseye!

BTW Bullseye, which speaker in which location did you sit near to record that? I have an idea, but I will let you tell us.

BTW Bullseye, which speaker in which location did you sit near to record that? I have an idea, but I will let you tell us.

I searched all over to try and find a speaker close enough to reach, and I was only able to find one. It was near the old loading dock for the Skipper Island Tours. Every other speaker in the Port of Entry is located too high to get a decent, clean recording.

I'm glad you enjoyed the recording. I've started recording more and more USF/IOA music recently. There's plenty of WDW music circulating around out there, I'm trying to beef up the UO audio.

Reactions: Brian G.
I searched all over to try and find a speaker close enough to reach, and I was only able to find one. It was near the old loading dock for the Skipper Island Tours.

Ding ding ding ding! I knew it. Low speaker, no traffic, only distant roar of Hulk. Plus, that is the only place I have heard both the soaring middle music and the "boom chum" with the roar of the hulk in the background... it is all part of the music in my head. The main theme on the CD is only at the ticket area forward and then after the first bridge you enter into Ocean Trader Market, then on the waterfront terraces this total mega theme of soaring pageantry and grandeur. I am not really a fan of this piece at all... nuh uh... (ok, now I am going to go listen to it again...)

BTW: found this: http://www.soundtrk.com/clientinfo.php?id=49&show=C

I searched all over to try and find a speaker close enough to reach, and I was only able to find one. It was near the old loading dock for the Skipper Island Tours. Every other speaker in the Port of Entry is located too high to get a decent, clean recording.

I'm glad you enjoyed the recording. I've started recording more and more USF/IOA music recently. There's plenty of WDW music circulating around out there, I'm trying to beef up the UO audio.

What kind of equipment do you use? Was it an induction recording? Is the equipment discrete enough to say, place the device and record while you go off and ride something? I don't know if I'd have the patience to wait 15 mins to record something on my vacation, lol.

What kind of equipment do you use? Was it an induction recording? Is the equipment discrete enough to say, place the device and record while you go off and ride something? I don't know if I'd have the patience to wait 15 mins to record something on my vacation, lol.

I use a Zoom H2 recorder. It wasn't an induction recording, just close enough to the speaker to block out most outside sounds (except the Hulk, of course.) I wouldn't recommend doing it on vacation, it can get long and boring. I only do it because I live down the street from Universal happened to have some free time one afternoon.

I use a Zoom H2 recorder. It wasn't an induction recording, just close enough to the speaker to block out most outside sounds (except the Hulk, of course.) I wouldn't recommend doing it on vacation, it can get long and boring. I only do it because I live down the street from Universal happened to have some free time one afternoon.

Well, if you have more free time soon, I would love to hear more!

Bullseye, you are awesome!! I've been trying to get some of these songs forever! It would be great if one day and your bored and wanna record the whole Marvel Island loop lol. Theres a spot thats usually always empty because i don't think anyone knows about it, behind the big store, theres speakers you can go right up to. I tried to record some on my phone, it came out pretty bad even though I was literally right in front of the speaker. The Hulk coaster also interfered. Thanks again for those audios!

Bullseye, you are awesome!! I've been trying to get some of these songs forever! It would be great if one day and your bored and wanna record the whole Marvel Island loop lol.

I'm glad you enjoy the recordings! I haven't gotten the whole Marvel loop yet, but I did record about 5 minutes in each island and put them together in one long track, if you're interested. Of course, you can hear the Hulk in just about every island.

http://theorlandocommando.com/post/1352011754/audiophile-at-the-parks-get-ready-for-a-whirlwind

Reactions: Octobers Fade
Thats great! The second Marvel song that played is probably my favorite one they play there! I look forward to some future recordings..Thanks again!