Mel’s Drive-In Refurb | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mel’s Drive-In Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, it just adds unnecessary layers to what should be an uncomplicated process. After all, fast food has traditionally been fast at fast food restaurants just about everywhere. It's, bottom line, a very simple process. Why complicate it?

FWIW - you can still order a register. It's just the preferred method is now online.

In all reality, it shouldn't change much to the process if you don't want to use your phone to order.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It is a diner at a theme park, what interesting items would you do? Not every place has to have odd offerings.
Diners have more than burgers, fries, and hot dogs. And I wasn’t looking for odd, just something in line with the options we see at Minions or Circus. Burgers and fries are, after all, the offerings at places like Richters and Simpsons as well - there’s not a shortage. Perhaps Richters can get a makeover and new menu instead.

Diners have more than burgers, fries, and hot dogs. And I wasn’t looking for odd, just something in line with the options we see at Minions or Circus. Burgers and fries are, after all, the offerings at places like Richters and Simpsons as well - there’s not a shortage. Perhaps Richters can get a makeover and new menu instead.

The plan is to bring more changes to other dining locations.

I feel the complete opposite about the new mobile order system - it is so much easier. All you have to do now is find a table to sit at and place an order on the app and the food comes right to you. No waiting in lines, you have infinite time to decide what you want, you don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to and you have the pricing and pics of every food item. Also they are super fast with getting food out at Minion Cafe and Circus now, hope it's the same here.

I feel the complete opposite about the new mobile order system - it is so much easier. All you have to do now is find a table to sit at and place an order on the app and the food comes right to you. No waiting in lines, you have infinite time to decide what you want, you don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to and you have the pricing and pics of every food item. Also they are super fast with getting food out at Minion Cafe and Circus now, hope it's the same here.
Right there with ya

Yeah, I have no issue with mobile ordering as the predominant system... but the system has days (more often than it should) that it just doesn't work at all or is slow. It shouldn't take half an hour to fulfill a single rice bowl at Cafe La Bamba when there are only 3 parties in the building lol

FFB's setup has no mobile order system and is far worse in how it operates.

FWIW - you can still order a register. It's just the preferred method is now online.

In all reality, it shouldn't change much to the process if you don't want to use your phone to order.
Unless the bouncer is there :lol: I seriously felt like the dude was a bouncer preventing me from ordering at Leaky Caldron. He literally stepped in front of me to block me from going to the register. I will say the last online ordering at 3 broomsticks was more pleasant. It worked and it didn't take forever to get my food. This time I ordered food via app and went up to register to get my drinks (I need no ice right now) and no bouncer there!
I think a better route would be to change Richters. I think Mel's menu with addition of hot dogs is good how it is. I think this is what most expect from theme park diner.

The first 3 times using the app it was a disaster and food took FOREVER. But this last time wasn't as bad. I loved mobile ordering at Disney, but they also allow for more customizations on their mobile app and it worked better. This last time it at least worked properly too. If they could add some customizations and remove the bouncer at Leaky Caldron when you go to the register, I think it would be fine.

My only issue with mobile ordering at Universal is the lack of customization. The mobile ordering process at Minion Cafe was incredibly smooth and pleasant.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Lombards and Alcatraz are next.
Slight necro / Off Topic, but I didn't think this demanded a brand new thread? Quickly tweeted then deleted by UPNT:

AP1GczObTnXnN-vzLjrUS94q8W2PgihwmBR_YValTwFa5Wv8mpQgQKTPc9ol8aX3OIzy2l3Nwqyp6sGs-A5fUuO4wb9kJTAznLvkWVXRYhsDIXXLdySKY-Jsr0v-jAV-8vZqOwGjOHMO1gsTa6gUk0DgmvchDt0z2eZPePxoOqwR1G_sUXVmUFDcT8S9kka-esdcNpaymr3ye8W1OpfJyOElKEukzb9WT_m_-qiRuNpPBcQ1rC-4lL4U8uVNqMlvjR8hQCNdazpKs78jRD8kUy7h2UDXl-9OqTRc127dq4hElvl5cmPasZtvRLDjkOX3FJC7Przf59UGvLxSUm8gbJ7NfZvhllFdSXCzqdEa2KbAF0Hcbl9roEfT1n3Lc0XTJzwB6uU3CQZhhb8QKktWFhjAlQU_D5vuEW2n80AGGuU0dadXttuuF2oV6OkaRuIC06Ey-3hFUCVH7trxXyN26P3-puzFBBy84yogHJANaCx8ornxz22DpRtCgEdrpMNagbzOjX-wv5BbJnOGWtNifnUFKqq-N6A8uLfDTDScAm4iKF3n-hNEHvd39KkuYVAYO0DdLCAHglO_4cWQ6fXFeavGsAbR9n3LyZ1liOkNvO3D9PkWYBWQc0pMTvUuGwa3_HeKEE0n3YoEUJAUWvvXOHIqvR8y1vAsSHsD8r-RrgdE0sRhah56vNLhAT_-ll8A4vYrGjuracdGc6o3hgEqJuvZ_nO4cnSfTtTpvE6UaF9U97w_Sr9AGGz37UKyKHGeWQtH32bchHPwnwRj0BQAn-PjBKAY-mtsabnQUsW20GuMjLBLNn5zBtd6QqP59bj55q3KHrXpOtjVrmtDwR7X1KubKR6n7wa_Nq3VA735A1SI1RXmniIytoHRadohsn_LlINtZyTqQ_KVEkJxtXDbTq1OUahNVWh_yWRpSjjJVRiboASkMxOTeY6ra_aEpZHetw=w1080-h338-s-no

(The link is dead at the moment.)