Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi everyone!!

Long time UO lurker, although I was a member of IOA Central and the Vault. I have had a WDW AP since the early 90's. (Although I am 22 so I was very young when we first got them) And I have had my USO AP since IOA opened. I basically grew up in the parks and they hold a special place in my life. Right now I work in Jacksonville Fl as a freelance Theatrical Technitian/ Senic Artist and I really enjoy it. I am in the process of transferring to UCF's Theatre Tech program, and will hopefully be in Orlando in August, and then working at the parks. So I just wanted to say hey and I am excited to contribute as well as i can!! :smiley:

Welcome, what theater? Lived in DUVAL for 14 years.

That bad?! :confused: Well, never mind then :lol: I'm still curious to go on one though :p

I've heard that x2 is much better but still a butt kicking death machine :lol:

Thankyou!

Well I've worked downtown at the Moran, Florida Theatre, and Vet. Memorial Arena through the Local 115. I recently worked on Irving Browns White Christmas fixing the scenic designers paint job (he couldn't paint drapery at all) at the Alhambra. I get alot of work though from the local schools, Episcapol High, Bishop Kenny, UNF and FSCJ. But I graduated from Florida State College at Jacksonville with my AA/AS, So thats like my home base and they really do have some of the nicest facilities in Jax, I really love painting there (although I also do Lighting, Scenic, Projection desing and all that stuff, my niche is definitely scenic painting).

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

Thank you! I am really digging (and have been for some time) the hospitality and openess of OU. Most everybody is really inviting and very level headed in discussion, plus the level of professionalism from the staff and how everything is handled/ ran really makes OU superior to most other sites i've been to, now and in the past.

Seems to be a lot joining from the UK at the minute, hello all :wave:

It has been said us Brits are like dog shi.........poop, as we get everywhere.

Nice thread! I posted a couple times a few year ago then forgot my password around the same time as I changed my email address so I was too lazy to create a new profile and have been lurking ever since.

I am very disturbed by the Terrible Towel comment by the way, just kidding really! As a transplant from Pittsburgh I prefer the hate of other fans that are passionate about their teams than bandwagon jumpers, so please hate away if you must.

I really appreciate the posters here OU! I am some what intimidated to post as I don't know all of the techinical stuff that many of you do and probably don't fall into the general age demographic here. I have been an AP for UOR, SW & BGT since 2000 and Aquatica once it opened. I am lucky enough to have a very good friend who signs me into Disney whenever I would like so passes there aren't really neccessary. I am usually at one of the parks atleast every other week and have the pleasure of living close enough to IoA that I can hear the Hulk going through the am tests runs while having my morning coffee on the patio. So if I feel like I have something to contribute to any thread I will try to jump in without making an a** out of myself.
Thank you OU for keeping me informed on all the exciting things happening and being able to keep my friends up to date with what is upcoming at the parks.

Reactions: Felipe
Hello... I'm not that new of a member but, I usually just lurk. I posted a couple threads regarding questions in the miscellaneous Universal sub-forum and also posted my thoughts of the new phase II of WWOHP but I'm going to try and post a lot more just because I love this site! :cheers:

Hi, all! :wave:

I don't post often, but I'm always lurking!

I'm a New Yorker who loves Florida and visits Orlando as often as possible. Disney's cool, but Universal holds a special place in my heart. I don't consider myself a theme park fan so much as I am an Orlando-based theme park fan (though I've been to Cedar Point a bunch of times, and I like it there!).

I'm not shy with regard to posting, but I'm not familiar with a lot of the technicalities and even have trouble following aspects of the conversation from time to time (for example, I had to Google 'Intamin'). However, as I learn more and more about the industry, I'll probably contribute more often. I'm a Potter fan, and I didn't follow the Phase I construction, so I'm very excited to be following Phase II.

Everyone here seems great, and I love all of the sneak peeks and insider information that I never seemed able to find elsewhere.

Nice thread! I posted a couple times a few year ago then forgot my password around the same time as I changed my email address so I was too lazy to create a new profile and have been lurking ever since.

I am very disturbed by the Terrible Towel comment by the way, just kidding really! As a transplant from Pittsburgh I prefer the hate of other fans that are passionate about their teams than bandwagon jumpers, so please hate away if you must.

I really appreciate the posters here OU! I am some what intimidated to post as I don't know all of the techinical stuff that many of you do and probably don't fall into the general age demographic here. I have been an AP for UOR, SW & BGT since 2000 and Aquatica once it opened. I am lucky enough to have a very good friend who signs me into Disney whenever I would like so passes there aren't really neccessary. I am usually at one of the parks at least every other week and have the pleasure of living close enough to IoA that I can hear the Hulk going through the am tests runs while having my morning coffee on the patio. So if I feel like I have something to contribute to any thread I will try to jump in without making an a** out of myself.
Thank you OU for keeping me informed on all the exciting things happening and being able to keep my friends up to date with what is upcoming at the parks.
There's plenty of sports banter in the NFL and Fantasy Football threads. Feel free to jump in at any time. :lol: Glad you decided to sign up again!

Hello... I'm not that new of a member but, I usually just lurk. I posted a couple threads regarding questions in the miscellaneous Universal sub-forum and also posted my thoughts of the new phase II of WWOHP but I'm going to try and post a lot more just because I love this site! :cheers:
Sounds good! Thanks for being a member!

I'm a New Yorker who loves Florida and visits Orlando as often as possible. Disney's cool, but Universal holds a special place in my heart. I don't consider myself a theme park fan so much as I am an Orlando-based theme park fan (though I've been to Cedar Point a bunch of times, and I like it there!).

I'm not shy with regard to posting, but I'm not familiar with a lot of the technicalities and even have trouble following aspects of the conversation from time to time (for example, I had to Google 'Intamin'). However, as I learn more and more about the industry, I'll probably contribute more often. I'm a Potter fan, and I didn't follow the Phase I construction, so I'm very excited to be following Phase II.

Everyone here seems great, and I love all of the sneak peeks and insider information that I never seemed able to find elsewhere.
We try to help where ever we can with keeping everyone on the same page with things such as the "What We Know" pages, but I can definitely see how terms like Intamin may be confusing at first. If Google ever fails you with something like that, feel free to ask!

:welcome: guys! Glad you're coming out to post!

There's no need to know all the technical details to form an opinion and theorize with the rest of us! Have fun with it! :thumbs:

See y'all around! :wave:

Thankyou!

Well I've worked downtown at the Moran, Florida Theatre, and Vet. Memorial Arena through the Local 115. I recently worked on Irving Browns White Christmas fixing the scenic designers paint job (he couldn't paint drapery at all) at the Alhambra. I get alot of work though from the local schools, Episcapol High, Bishop Kenny, UNF and FSCJ. But I graduated from Florida State College at Jacksonville with my AA/AS, So thats like my home base and they really do have some of the nicest facilities in Jax, I really love painting there (although I also do Lighting, Scenic, Projection desing and all that stuff, my niche is definitely scenic painting).

Very cool, I was just at Veterans Memorial a few months ago for my wife who also graduated from Florida State College. I actually took classes with them back when it was FSCJ at Kent and South campus before moving on to UNF.

I really appreciate the posters here OU! I am some what intimidated to post as I don't know all of the techinical stuff that many of you do and probably don't fall into the general age demographic here. I have been an AP for UOR, SW & BGT since 2000 and Aquatica once it opened. I am lucky enough to have a very good friend who signs me into Disney whenever I would like so passes there aren't really neccessary. I am usually at one of the parks atleast every other week and have the pleasure of living close enough to IoA that I can hear the Hulk going through the am tests runs while having my morning coffee on the patio. So if I feel like I have something to contribute to any thread I will try to jump in without making an a** out of myself.

I would love to live that close, do you know how many updates I could do?! Please make sure you join in on conversation within the park threads as well as the sport threads.

Please try to post more, I love to hear what people think of current or future projects. :thumbs:

Welcome! And as far as the technical terms would it help if we created a cheat sheet thread for everyone to follow up on terminology, abbreviations, and definitions? Any feedback to make this forum better is appreciated.

First off I would just like to say "Hello" to all the new poster. Glad to have you here. :wave:

I really appreciate the posters here OU! I am some what intimidated to post as I don't know all of the techinical stuff that many of you do and probably don't fall into the general age demographic here.

Thank you! Please don't be intimidated when we start discussing technical stuff. Just ask if you don't understand and one of us will be glad to help you figure it out. :thumbs:
Same age demographic as me by the way.

Lurking is o.k. if that's all you're comfortable with. Although we would love you to post more, ask questions and give your thoughts. That's what forums are all about.

As I stated above. If you don't understand something just ask. Someone will respond.
There is much more to come in WWoHP II!
Thank you, we aim to please.

And as far as the technical terms would it help if we created a cheat sheet thread for everyone to follow up on terminology, abbreviations, and definitions? Any feedback to make this forum better is appreciated.

Great idea HtF. Maybe we should start a technical question thread. Questions would be only technical and construction related. I have to think on this a little more to figure out the best way to handle this without tying it to a specific project. Top post could be a running list of tech/construction terms.

Been a lurker since ariel shots of hogsmeade back in 2010 and have been very fond of this website ever since. This thread convinced me to finally start posting :)

Always glad to have a new poster.

So what do you call a lurker that lurks on the lurkers thread?

I for one do not post much anywhere, even my own fb,there's not much I can contribute but I do learn a lot from reading everyone else's posts! I've started hanging around again because I just got hired as a CM! My first day is tomorrow and am excited beyond words...

Bob your one of our more "educated" people in construction and building terminology so if you want to start it, we can add as we go and as you said keep the top post as the cheat sheet :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Been a lurker since ariel shots of hogsmeade back in 2010 and have been very fond of this website ever since. This thread convinced me to finally start posting :)

Ahh those were good times indeed, glad we have convinced you to come out :thumbs:

So what do you call a lurker that lurks on the lurkers thread?

I for one do not post much anywhere, even my own fb,there's not much I can contribute but I do learn a lot from reading everyone else's posts! I've started hanging around again because I just got hired as a CM! My first day is tomorrow and am excited beyond words...

Well congrats! You don't have to say where exactly but what department or type?