Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I really just meant of those who create a hello thread 90%+ never post again.

I think a lot of people are intimidated. They say "hello" and then 6 or 7 people reply. I've personally found the photography board much more cordial and I am far from a photographer. Hock and Octoberfades come to mind as genuine. Felipe and Disneyhead fall into that category as well on different parts of the board. BJ Cool is Sir Linksalot and that is wicked.

I have visited Orlando a lot more than the average Joe considering I live in the middle of the U.S. and am fascinated with it. I enjoy this site for all the knowledge and insight that is given. I couldn't tell you if those 90's were welded on or what (although I assumed they were since the welding machines were sitting right next to them) but it doesn't stop me from visiting this site every day to check out what is going on.

I am extremely excited about the future of USO and this is the place to follow along, whether or not I post a lot.

Reactions: Felipe
Well that's why I thought creating a thread just to break the ice might help those that are intimidated. I mean I know I was there at one time as well. Heck I bounced around several forums over the years before finding one that accepted me and look how it's turned out. I was part of forums where if you weren't in the click, you weren't taken serious at all and even mocked or called out by admins for no reason other than just cause its my way or the highway.

In the end all I want to do is help those who might be intimidated join in and have as much fun as I have the past three years here. :thumbs:

Well that's why I thought creating a thread just to break the ice might help those that are intimidated. I mean I know I was there at one time as well. Heck I bounced around several forums over the years before finding one that accepted me and look how it's turned out. I was part of forums where if you weren't in the click, you weren't taken serious at all and even mocked or called out by admins for no reason other than just cause its my way or the highway.

In the end all I want to do is help those who might be intimidated join in and have as much fun as I have the past three years here. :thumbs:

I couldn't agree more. OU is the one forum where I really fit in. Sure, there's some close seconds, but OU is the best. So don't be shy, just join and have fun :thumbs:

I'm not a new member, but I still wanted to say hi. As you can see I don't post much - I'm more of a lurker, but I'd like to become more active. I agree that OU is very friendly. I'm a member of numerous discussion forums, and OU seems like one of the friendliest. :)

I'm not a new member, but I still wanted to say hi. As you can see I don't post much - I'm more of a lurker, but I'd like to become more active. I agree that OU is very friendly. I'm a member of numerous discussion forums, and OU seems like one of the friendliest. :)

I have to agree here, over the years I have used many a forum but none have made me feel a part of a community like this one does.

So jump in and join the conversation it is only going to get more, much more, exciting over the coming months.

Any other "new" members wanting to join in please.

Hi there I've only been on here the last month or so. Spent so long catching up on the construction threads I haven't had a chance to post yet. I'm from the UK but am fascinated with the parks in Orlando.

My favorite past attractions were kongfrontation and 20000 leagues, I remember them vividly from my first trip to Orlando when I was 9.

Hi! I've been lurking for a little while :look: .... I haven't been to Florida since I was 8 and went to Universal, and I don't remember anything about the park because I was on Slimetime Live that day and I was too excited to remember anything else. I live up in NY and have worked at an amusement park in the past, so the whole inner workings of theme parks and the expansion of them is fascinating to me. I hope to make it down again someday (maybe after I graduate from college and have money again :pound: )!

So I guess a question that I have for anyone who does frequent the parks is... If you could move any ride from any park in the world to one of the Orlando parks, which one would it be?

Hi! I've been lurking for a little while :look: .... I haven't been to Florida since I was 8 and went to Universal, and I don't remember anything about the park because I was on Slimetime Live that day and I was too excited to remember anything else. I live up in NY and have worked at an amusement park in the past, so the whole inner workings of theme parks and the expansion of them is fascinating to me. I hope to make it down again someday (maybe after I graduate from college and have money again :pound: )!

So I guess a question that I have for anyone who does frequent the parks is... If you could move any ride from any park in the world to one of the Orlando parks, which one would it be?
Hi there I've only been on here the last month or so. Spent so long catching up on the construction threads I haven't had a chance to post yet. I'm from the UK but am fascinated with the parks in Orlando.

My favorite past attractions were kongfrontation and 20000 leagues, I remember them vividly from my first trip to Orlando when I was 9.
:welcome::welcome: To the both of you, hope to see you around the forums.

Glad to see this thread is starting to get some people out of the wood work. Looking forward to see even more faces around the forums.

Last edited:

Welcome and Fantastic past attractions, two of my personal favorites!

Welcome and thats a GOOD question!

If I could move just one, it would be Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea.

Welcome aboard, Dan_raven and Casey81!

Good question... Hard to choose... Hmm, let's see, I've never been on a 4D coaster, so maybe that! Something like X2 or Eejanaika. I love coasters and different thrill elements. I recently rode Manta for the first time, and it was so intense! Not just because Manta is awesome, but I just love riding a new coaster for the first time! Has anyone here been on a 4D coaster? Was it amazing? :yikes:

Welcome aboard, Dan_raven and Casey81!

Good question... Hard to choose... Hmm, let's see, I've never been on a 4D coaster, so maybe that! Something like X2 or Eejanaika. I love coasters and different thrill elements. I recently rode Manta for the first time, and it was so intense! Not just because Manta is awesome, but I just love riding a new coaster for the first time! Has anyone here been on a 4D coaster? Was it amazing? :yikes:

I don't want to talk about it... :lol: Seriously, though, I want to ride one so badly!! It's one of the few coaster types I have yet to experience. Whenever I make it to California though, X2 will definitely be on my list!

Oh S&S 4D coasters huh? You can do that tonight! Go outside, strap yourself to under carriage of a pick up truck and have them go down a gravel laden road with giant bump and hills. Oh and most importantly make sure the pick up trucks suspension is completely worn out :thumbs: You want to bring a coaster, bring any freaking coaster over 200ft with 0 inversions. Or an Intamin Prefab :lol:

Hi everyone!!

Long time UO lurker, although I was a member of IOA Central and the Vault. I have had a WDW AP since the early 90's. (Although I am 22 so I was very young when we first got them) And I have had my USO AP since IOA opened. I basically grew up in the parks and they hold a special place in my life. Right now I work in Jacksonville Fl as a freelance Theatrical Technitian/ Senic Artist and I really enjoy it. I am in the process of transferring to UCF's Theatre Tech program, and will hopefully be in Orlando in August, and then working at the parks. So I just wanted to say hey and I am excited to contribute as well as i can!! :smiley:

Last edited:
Oh S&S 4D coasters huh? You can do that tonight! Go outside, strap yourself to under carriage of a pick up truck and have them go down a gravel laden road with giant bump and hills. Oh and most importantly make sure the pick up trucks suspension is completely worn out :thumbs: You want to bring a coaster, bring any freaking coaster over 200ft with 0 inversions. Or an Intamin Prefab :lol:

That bad?! :confused: Well, never mind then :lol: I'm still curious to go on one though :p

Hi everyone!!

Howdy! Welcome to OU! :wave: