How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
As you can tell by my avatar, I am a mega-Simpsons fan. :)
In any event, I'd love to see them take it down for an extensive refurb but I'm guessing with everything else going on at USF in the near future there is no room for that in the schedule. Hopefully it holds together for a few more years....

As you can tell by my avatar, I am a mega-Simpsons fan. :)
In any event, I'd love to see them take it down for an extensive refurb but I'm guessing with everything else going on at USF in the near future there is no room for that in the schedule. Hopefully it holds together for a few more years....
I imagine the ride system is nearing the end of its life soon

I'm hoping once MOM and Nintendo are done they close the Simpsons down and convert the ride system to something like FOP. Clear, crisp screens and a more advanced simulator. The ride script is legitimately hilarious, but the ride is just so uncomfortable/nauseating

The script is great, they had the full benefit of the writers strike and the full staff to commit fully to it but the ride makes me feel so sick after riding it. I've only done it twice and that's enough for me not to ride again.

Honestly, I'd rather want more of a classic dark ride with modern (and practical) effects that can do something similar to what SLoP seems to be doing.

I don't think the Simpsons would lend itself well to practical effects.

I don't get motion sickness on Simpsons (or BTTF before that). But, now that I'm older I get it on flat rides that rotate fairly fast in a circle, Teacup style flat rides or Dragon Challenge type coasters....Motion sickness is a strange beast as it affects people so differently.......Love the Simpsons queue & ride though. Funny as all heck.

Reactions: shiekra38
I don't get motion sickness on Simpsons (or BTTF before that). But, now that I'm older I get it on flat rides that rotate fairly fast in a circle, Teacup style flat rides or Dragon Challenge type coasters....Motion sickness is a strange beast as it affects people so differently.......Love the Simpsons queue & ride though. Funny as all heck.

I never felt sick after BTTF but I did both times after Simpson’s. I never feel sick after a coaster but this year at Six Flags I had one of the worst headaches I’ve ever had. I think we done 9 coasters in under 3 hours and that was more than enough to ever attempt it again.

My brother once managed Kumba 14x in a row.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I think the ride getting rebuilt into a practical dark ride and leaving the surrounding area would be a smart move. The Simpsons is a timeless show, the ride in a park saturated with screen attractions is not, though i'd say as far as motion simulators go it is one of the best ones ever.

Hard to imagine what universal would do when the time comes though.

Reactions: tankart150
Anyone with dreams of a dark ride should probably forget them.

1) They’d have to pay the cast to record new dialogue, all of whom work for a ridiculous amount of money.

2) Theyd have to pay the writers to do a new script.

3) Theyd probably have to negotiate a new deal with Groening/Fox

All of that on top of demolishing/gutting the existing ride and building a new one.

On the other hand, they can just remaster a video and overhaul the existing ride system.

You gotta figure option B is gonna win out

1) They’d have to pay the cast to record new dialogue, all of whom work for a ridiculous amount of money.

All of that on top of demolishing/gutting the existing ride and building a new one.

On the other hand, they can just remaster a video and overhaul the existing ride system.

The only other option is they go all in and build a massive land way beyond what they already have to justify these huge costs.

So....when the time comes....The Simpsons must die?

Which, considering Nintendo and Pokémon are allegedly due to surround Springfield soon, seems like a logistical impossibility

I would move the IP to a different area, Toon Lagoon would be perfect or maybe the new park. It would free up some land for an expansion.

Like you said though, with Nintendo and Pokemon coming along with the possibility of LOTR, there’s far better IPs to be built and when they run out of these to build, it could be 2025, a quarter of a century after the Simpsons was at its prime.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Have you seen the Simpsons lately?

As mediocre as they were in 2008, now it's a garbage fire running on toxic fumes. FFB was visually intrinsic while Kang and Kodos was a simple enough concept with esssential one (good) joke, but an entirely new-scripted attraction feels like it would be massively unfunny from the writers room at the moment.

Then again I'm a massive classic era Simpsons snob so that's probably just me.

Have you seen the Simpsons lately?

As mediocre as they were in 2008, now it's a garbage fire running on toxic fumes. FFB was visually intrinsic while Kang and Kodos was a simple enough concept with esssential one (good) joke, but an entirely new-scripted attraction feels like it would be massively unfunny from the writers room at the moment.

Then again I'm a massive classic era Simpsons snob so that's probably just me.
I wonder if a script is already written seeing as how the nuclear reactor ride was the original concept

At the very least they need to update the projection - like really bad