How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
The dialogue in the many pre show films & the ride, is excellent. Absolutely no reason to change it. It's nigh impossible to do better. Humor is the toughest dialogue to write and the Simpson's attraction scripts are humor at it's best.

Have you seen the Simpsons lately?

As mediocre as they were in 2008, now it's a garbage fire running on toxic fumes. FFB was visually intrinsic while Kang and Kodos was a simple enough concept with esssential one (good) joke, but an entirely new-scripted attraction feels like it would be massively unfunny from the writers room at the moment.

Then again I'm a massive classic era Simpsons snob so that's probably just me.

I’m literally just saying they should redo the existing video as-is with a new ride system and updated animation. Same ride, just a new package

I wonder if a script is already written seeing as how the nuclear reactor ride was the original concept

At the very least they need to update the projection - like really bad

That's definitely true -- new projectors ASAP

Also, the nuclear reactor version required Harry Shearer to be onboard, which he refused to do so and I highly doubt he's changed his mind in the past decade.

Anyone with dreams of a dark ride should probably forget them.

1) They’d have to pay the cast to record new dialogue, all of whom work for a ridiculous amount of money.

2) Theyd have to pay the writers to do a new script.

3) Theyd probably have to negotiate a new deal with Groening/Fox

All of that on top of demolishing/gutting the existing ride and building a new one.

On the other hand, they can just remaster a video and overhaul the existing ride system.

You gotta figure option B is gonna win out
Just for reference, I believe the writers wrote a lot of the new sight gags for Simpsons Hollywood. I think Universal could make most of this happen.

I’m literally just saying they should redo the existing video as-is with a new ride system and updated animation. Same ride, just a new package

That I'd be fine with, yeah.

Just for reference, I believe the writers wrote a lot of the new sight gags for Simpsons Hollywood. I think Universal could make most of this happen.

I'm still super bummed they just languished on the changing Aztec Theatre marquee gag at USH. Every few weeks, the writing staff would've pitched a joke marquee based on a current (non-Universal) movie and have it changed. That idea fizzled out almost immediately.

That I'd be fine with, yeah.

I'm still super bummed they just languished on the changing Aztec Theatre marquee gag at USH. Every few weeks, the writing staff would've pitched a joke marquee based on a current (non-Universal) movie and have it changed. That idea fizzled out almost immediately.

Has a theme park ever stuck to its guns when it comes to anything that can be changed?

Don't forget the ability to have interchangeable films. The Simpsons Ride: Treehouse of Horror would be too perfect.

I know the production team actually wanted to do that awhile back but Universal turned them down.
It'd be especially perfect if it was like Mission Breakout - Monsters After Dark and only changed during HHN itself. A yearly "exclusive" attraction overlay for HHN would be a pretty cool addition.

Reactions: tankart150
Good point. For the life of me, I'm sure there is a particular ride that promised to be updated constantly but I can't think what it is.
TSMM promised to be updated regularly or seasonally. It has only been updated one time though, right after TS3 came out. I expect we'll see something similar to that update when TS4 releases, but we likely will never get seasonal updates.

That's definitely true -- new projectors ASAP

Also, the nuclear reactor version required Harry Shearer to be onboard, which he refused to do so and I highly doubt he's changed his mind in the past decade.
Wasn't Harry Shearer onboard the first go around? He voiced scratchy in the safety video.