HHN 31: Hellblock Horror | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Hellblock Horror

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are the sets really all that bad?

And how easy would it be to reconfigure it to more of a fan service house?

maybe there creatures look similar as a narrative choice. maybe it is on purpose. not a budget or time issue.
maybe in context it was meant to work better

Are the sets really all that bad?

I quite liked the sets, actually. Facade wasn't GOAT or anything but it sold the idea of entering a penitentiary. The "prison" aspect of this house works very well. I think it would work better with actual inmates -- or, ok, crazed zombie inmates or candy-mutated inmates or something -- than the orcs from Dusk til Dawn and a random creature from Hades.

And how easy would it be to reconfigure it to more of a fan service house?

I guess you could swap in a body collector or a nightingale, which I think many expected from the Cabin in the Woods comparison, which would give it a slight bump among the hard-core fans, but I think it would still be a bit of a misfire.

Reactions: Midnight Detective
The video didn't see that bad.... It looked kinda cool
Like an old classic hhn house. Like from a decade ago. I mean that in a good way. Felt retro.

I didn't think it was that bad considering what they had to work with. Definitively noticed the old costumes though lol

The facade does look like an apartment complex entrance with a more jailhouse vibe.
What is the house in Hollywood replacing the original version?

Apartment hallways become hotel hallways, etc…
To be fair it looks pretty unique, at least at the moment. I guess once the movie comes out it'll be a lot more clear how much of everything was left on each coast and if ethier of them were just a Scream-Purge or Conjuring-Hive situation.

Reactions: SeventyOne
To be fair it looks pretty unique, at least at the moment. I guess once the movie comes out it'll be a lot more clear how much of everything was left on each coast and if ethier of them were just a Scream-Purge or Conjuring-Hive situation.

Oh yeah, to be clear, I'm really impressed with how they've reconfigured Horror Hotel, and I suspect it will be a solid maze even outside the circumstances. You wouldn't know it's a tweak and a polish unless you've seen the movie... which only a small handful of test audience members have.

Went through this house again for Stay and Scream and hit a different cast. Definitely confirmed my suspicions because the house was more enjoyable the second run. Some of the scares like Cage Skunk Ape went really for the face and tried to lunge pretty far into the conga line, definitely improved the house immensely the more the actors went for larger movements. Hopefully they can keep it going!

Went through this house again for Stay and Scream and hit a different cast. Definitely confirmed my suspicions because the house was more enjoyable the second run. Some of the scares like Cage Skunk Ape went really for the face and tried to lunge pretty far into the conga line, definitely improved the house immensely the more the actors went for larger movements. Hopefully they can keep it going!
Caught this cast tonight as well and it really made me enjoy this more.