HHN 31: Hellblock Horror | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Hellblock Horror

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given all the IP headaches they run into in this new era, I was wondering if they now keep a few plans in reserve, just in case?
That'd be a lot of unnecessary R&D to add onto their already busy schedule. However, they do always have concepts that get shelved for one reason or another that allows them to revisit if the opportunity presents itself.

But I wouldn't say they go out of their way to make "back ups"

Sorry, I was unclear, I guess I was more curious about the layout itself. Like was this a scripted house they had ready to go, one they might have had waiting in the wings for years? Or is this a top to bottom new design?

Given all the IP headaches they run into in this new era, I was wondering if they now keep a few plans in reserve, just in case?

I don't think we'll have an answer to that till after the event starts and people start talking about development.

Hive wasnt' torn down and rebuilt, it was repuroposed. Same for a lot of the Purge 2015 house (the literal Jiffy Pop scene from Scream). Based on reports this is a complete tear down and rebuild in June, Us had another month of development.

US was fantastic btw for any of you worried. It's fault was that it's concept didn't mesh well with the event structure, but it's designs /costumes were great.

I went though it when it was close to empty, and there were so many unique scares that just didn't work with a conga-line. By making this an absolute madhouse, I expect it to be up to quality. The idea of using what they already have for this is brilliant re-purposing too.

Reactions: Allyhyne
US was fantastic btw for any of you worried. It's fault was that it's concept didn't mesh well with the event structure, but it's designs /costumes were great.

I went though it when it was close to empty, and there were so many unique scares that just didn't work with a conga-line. By making this an absolute madhouse, I expect it to be up to quality. The idea of using what they already have for this is brilliant re-purposing too.

Oh yeah, this wasn't meant to be slight at US, I liked that house too.

It’s… fine :lol: Expect lots and lots of fences. Also feels like people are overhyping the “appearances” in their mind compared to what we actually get. Nothing overly recognizable or iconic imo.
So is the setting of the house "outdoors" with lots of fences and then we go inside the prison?