HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s… really the title? The entire time I thought it was just a fan made thing.
A few of the titles this year feel like first drafts (Hellblock Horror, Graveyard: Deadly Unrest). Not even Infestation: Eaten Alive?... Heck I think just BUGS! or Creepy Crawlies would be better alternatives. It's just too literal and doesn't really get the idea across well.

The setting is a bit surprising to me

I always love a fun little jab at Disney, even if not intentional

I'm already imagining 50s manaquins with bug all over them

1660694352313.png

Here is a tour of a "Home of the Future" and some potential aesthetic choices they could make

All that said, this does remind me a bit of Motel Hell: Infestation from Howl-O-Scream

Walkthrough:

Listened to the pod, and they said folks in creative have trouble going through now even without scareactors. Made me wonder if this'll be the house that's excluded from Unmasking tours? Oddly enough, I'd like to see it during the day - the sound effects are what would probably do me in here.

Listened to the pod, and they said folks in creative have trouble going through now even without scareactors. Made me wonder if this'll be the house that's excluded from Unmasking tours? Oddly enough, I'd like to see it during the day - the sound effects are what would probably do me in here.
It's funny, this was one I was really hoping for in the UTH tour.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Same! They didn't mention the tour specifically, so I don't want to start bad rumors or anything. But if it's tough to walk now in the light, it'll be absolutely terrifying with effects & actors.
It makes me wonder, if it truly is THAT terrifying to go through, they either have to tone down and/or take out some of the effects and props to make it less intimidating, or worse close it down altogether. I know the whole point of a HHN house is to scare the pants off of you, but when a house is SO scary that you can’t even walk through it with the lights on or get scare actors involved, there is a HUGE problem.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucky Planet
It makes me wonder, if it truly is THAT terrifying to go through, they either have to tone down/ take out some of the effects to make it less intimidating. When a house is SO scary that you can’t even walk through it during the day or get scare actors involved, there is a HUGE problem.

Part of it might be marketing hype, but they stressed how they'd love to sit outside the exit and just watch folks come out. I'm sure some people will find it funny and aren't as grossed out by bugs. Me? Not one of them lol

It makes me wonder, if it truly is THAT terrifying to go through, they either have to tone down and/or take out some of the effects and props to make it less intimidating, or worse close it down altogether. I know the whole point of a HHN house is to scare the pants off of you, but when a house is SO scary that you can’t even walk through it with the lights on or get scare actors involved, there is a HUGE problem.

I am sure they are just selling the houses right now and I don't think it will literally be so scary that it'll have to close or something. If anything some of the SIF or features may be altered, sliding floor boards of Temple of the Ancients come to mind, just because GP is horrible at handling these fun features so I would suggest taking this house all in opening weekend for full potential then some features will be toned down/removed for the remainder of the event.

So no live bugs?

I hadn't had a chance to listen to the podcast and it is pretty clear on there that there won't be live bugs. I'm thinking scenic & projection mapping now though. Honestly, it's a missed opportunity. I know there's logistics to it, but felt like they could have had live Hissing Cockroaches & Spiders in the house.

I feel like we're going to feel very itchy walking out of this house
theres a cream for that

someone online said that a few rooms will be complete dark but have bugs glued to the wall, something like that

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95

They've said this before so it's not new. Granted, it's been on houses that have absolutely knocked my socks off so I'm hyped, but it's a little bit PR

That’s a bit strange methinks considering HHN is based mostly on phobias.
Bug bites can be dangerous to allergies. So bug phobia gets to that fear of pain. It's deeper fear
I'm being fully serious when I say, this house might need extra warnings at the entrance.

Definitely thinking this might be the scariest house of the year maybe ever!
Grossest definitely

Reactions: Kichkinet85