Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive

Apr 18, 2018
DD19AB4C-BD6B-45EC-A517-33C521E4714F.jpeg

These Bugs Are Out to Exterminate YOU!

While touring a 1950s home of the future, you’ll be surrounded by the slime of bugs everywhere as hordes of many-legged terrors descend upon you and your scream squad. You’ll be dropping like flies.

Last edited:
1950s House of the Future is a nice twist on the basic concept. Pretty much convinced this will be the dark comedy house, so it should be a lot of tongue-in-cheek fun.

Yep. Wasn’t particularly excited for this until that tidbit dropped. Shot wayyy up my anticipation list - lot of cool opportunities with that locale.

So based on the description and the 1950s vibe it seems like huge bugs attacking normal-sized humans in a normal-sized house? Some of the spec was that we would be shrunk down or it might be an infestation of millions and billions of normal-sized bugs.

I am irrationally afraid of spiders and mostly just hate ants and other bugs. This one will be a great house!

I'm irrationally afraid of flies. Oddly not spiders or anything crawly, but flies I HATE HATE HATE. So....this will probably be my last house before Diagon Alley decompression lol

From the Discover Universal podcast:

The goal for this one is to make sure no one can finish this house. So, it takes place in the 1950s. The decade of innovation. Guests will take a tour through what we're calling BuzzCon which is this factory and showrooms. We'll be walking through this experience and they're trying to sell us on this new product by Exterminair of the Future. It heats your home and cools your home and kills all the bugs with this new pine scent. You have the showroom girl trying to sell you everything, but of course something goes terribly wrong. The bugs break out, they start mutating and as you go through the experience, the bugs grow & change. You will see flies, roaches, spiders, maggots, larva, drippy, gooey, etc. All your senses will be touched as you go through. Some people are freaked out by just holes. You're going to see lots of that, but they're going to have like maggots and things like that in them. Bees, larva, honeycombs, wasp nests. All these fun, delicious, disgusting things you'll encounter. Also, this is the return of the SIF. When you're walking through it, all of your senses are getting attacked. There's no performers in there right now and it's already hard to walk through that. You'll hear the chittering & flying. You'll see thousands of roaches climbing up the wall. The decor team had crates of bugs to work with. Not real ones. Nothing is real. This is the "wink and a nod" dark humor house. You'll hear all these funny type things amongst the gore.

Last edited:
This house is gonna be interpreted two ways:

Guests who aren't afraid of bugs are going to laugh their ass off. Guests who don't like a specific type of bug are going to get absolutely demolished by this thing. I'm the latter and I still can't wait. Definitely going to need a few drinks to calm the nerves cause spiders and I do not mix well.

I’m super excited for the 50s setting of this house. Seeing that in the description for this house almost instantly made it my most anticipated house of the year.

Lol dude this house sounds fantastic. Wonder what the costumes will be like, or if it will be mostly puppet work.

That’s… really the title? The entire time I thought it was just a fan made thing.
First time I recall seeing people use this exact title was after the shirt leak happened. The house shirt was leaked with everything but The Weekend and the prison one on it so we’ve known the tile since whenever that happened.

This house is gonna be interpreted two ways:

Guests who aren't afraid of bugs are going to laugh their ass off. Guests who don't like a specific type of bug are going to get absolutely demolished by this thing. I'm the latter and I still can't wait. Definitely going to need a few drinks to calm the nerves cause spiders and I do not mix well.
Agreed - multiple drinks will be required before and after going through this house.... I have the heebie jeebies already!