Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If we don't get FNaF... Might I suggest Alan Wake as a potential video game house?

The long-awaited sequel released last year to critical acclaim and sold very well, winning several awards, and just recently had a crossover announced for Dead by Daylight and Fortnite. It also has a perfect setting for a house, the Dark Place, a paranormal sub-dimension with extraterrestrial-like monsters.

Reactions: DonnieBoy
If we don't get FNaF... Might I suggest Alan Wake as a potential video game house?

The long-awaited sequel released last year to critical acclaim and sold very well, winning several awards, and just recently had a crossover announced for Dead by Daylight and Fortnite. It also has a perfect setting for a house, the Dark Place, a paranormal sub-dimension with extraterrestrial-like monsters.
Careful what you say…
1705007059139.gif
There might be fans in the forum lol

My wife would be absolutely ecstatic about this.

Sadly I think our only hope of video games at the event would be another chapter for TLOU, or Dead by Daylight - because of the Blumhouse partnership.

(This is me assuming that they'd advertise it as "Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddy's" at the event)

I've never played any Alan Wake games, but by all accounts they sound to be great games with a loyal niche following. That being said, I don't think they are popular enough with the general public to warrant a house at this time. The reception to his inclusion in Dead by Daylight was somewhat mixed, as many were not familiar with the character.

Sadly I think our only hope of video games at the event would be another chapter for TLOU, or Dead by Daylight - because of the Blumhouse partnership.

(This is me assuming that they'd advertise it as "Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddy's" at the event)
I agree with this. The only other video game franchise that really has a shot is Resident Evil, but I don't think that's in the cards right now.

Would absolutely love an Alan Wake house. The fandom for Fnaf and with all the arrows pointing at it happening more than not. Is just insane to me and makes my childhood self happy. Both properties as well as Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I will welcome with open arms as well.

Id like to point at that Silent Hill is also shaping up to have an insane year, with a movie, and 3 games coming out this year.
Not saying for this year, but perhaps next year. Granted the movie or game both come out as hits. Currently on stand by for the spec map XD

Also Dead By Daylight as a house sounds so surreal, would absolutely love that.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I've always pictured Dead by Daylight translating really well into a zone - I'm not sure it would translate to a house.
I usually agree with you, CodeMan, but not this time.

There doesn't need to be a plot, but a regular tableau house where we have samples of a level or two with various killers popping out in different areas. Trapper in a room full of bear traps and a person acting like they're stuck before being grabbed, turning a corner in a dilapidated house to come face to face with a mirror trick Wraith, go into a farmhouse or slaughter house room and have the Hillbilly revving the chainsaw, turn and go into a doctor's ward to see the Nurse chasing a survivor and the Doctor shocking up an electric chair...

I could literally go on and on and on and on and on and it takes no stress on the imagination to assume it would literally be like the easiest house for them to make because it's no different than any other haunted house attraction anywhere else in the states that lacks a plot or specific direction. Just freaky actors being them freaky selves in freaky locations.

I usually agree with you, CodeMan, but not this time.

There doesn't need to be a plot, but a regular tableau house where we have samples of a level or two with various killers popping out in different areas. Trapper in a room full of bear traps and a person acting like they're stuck before being grabbed, turning a corner in a dilapidated house to come face to face with a mirror trick Wraith, go into a farmhouse or slaughter house room and have the Hillbilly revving the chainsaw, turn and go into a doctor's ward to see the Nurse chasing a survivor and the Doctor shocking up an electric chair...

I could literally go on and on and on and on and on and it takes no stress on the imagination to assume it would literally be like the easiest house for them to make because it's no different than any other haunted house attraction anywhere else in the states that lacks a plot or specific direction. Just freaky actors being them freaky selves in freaky locations.
That sounds great!

In my defense, my only knowledge of DBD comes from my wife lol

I really need to start playing Dead by Daylight lol.

Anyways, I guess my big question with that would be- is the original content strong enough to warrant an IP slot? I've seen snippets and some gameplay from friends, but from my experience, the main reason DBD is ever brought up is DLC / licensed characters.

There doesn't need to be a plot, but a regular tableau house where we have samples of a level or two with various killers popping out in different areas.

I mean, this just sounds like a much better version of Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears at it's very core, so I'm in-favor. An IP that doesn't need every single story beat thrown in? Sounds incredible. But again, I just don't know how the licensing works out with all the DLC characters, and I foresee a lot of people expecting "Horror Legends Battle Royale" and being upset when there's no Ghostface Vs. Nicholas Cage .

And, as @DonnieBoy said, Silent Hill at the *very* least has a movie coming out this year- and I feel like that has a much wider reach and better shot of being the "video game" property, if we even get one. Alan Wake, DBD, both incredible properties that would make incredible haunts- but not with how HHN, at least Orlando, is nowadays IMO.

I've always pictured Dead by Daylight translating really well into a zone - I'm not sure it would translate to a house.
Tbh I really hope we don't get IP scarezones at HHN ever again lol. I like having all original scarezones, especially ones that tie to the main icon of the event like last years

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Tbh I really hope we don't get IP scarezones at HHN ever again lol. I like having all original scarezones, especially ones that tie to the main icon of the event like last years
I much prefer all original zones, but I'm not a fan of tying all of the scarezones to an Icon story-wise tbh. Something like HHN 31's zones in terms of connectivity is what I'd want to see. Connected to the event's theme and not relying on the Icon story-wise.

Some of my favorite scarezones of all time were IPs lol. KKFOS, Hellbilly Deluxe, Trick r Treat. Just think it depends on the IP itself.

Last edited:
Anyways, I guess my big question with that would be- is the original content strong enough to warrant an IP slot? I've seen snippets and some gameplay from friends, but from my experience, the main reason DBD is ever brought up is DLC / licensed characters.
The game is probably best known in the general public for its cross-overs with major horror IPs, but there is a very strong line-up of original characters as well. The upcoming Blumhouse film and a potential future house would have a lot to pull from. I imagine we are most likely to see it at the event to coincide with the movie's release.

Reactions: Ahmanet
The game is probably best known in the general public for its cross-overs with major horror IPs, but there is a very strong line-up of original characters as well. The upcoming Blumhouse film and a potential future house would have a lot to pull from. I imagine we are most likely to see it at the event to coincide with the movie's release.

I will admit I forgot that there was a movie coming out- but unless it releases in 2024 I still can't imagine it for this year.

I’m not sure that there is. The horror characters, such as they are, are largely pastiches of existing IPs. I think that’s great for the game, but I don’t see a reason for Universal to license something they could do a reasonable facsimile of for free.

This echoes a bit how I feel as well- I'm not sure how to exactly articulate it, but I feel like DBD comes across a bit as Cabin in the Woods- but while CitW worked pretty well with all the "original" monsters being unleashed at once, DBD could come across as disjointed or not substantive enough.

I agree it's probably just a better call for Universal to just use/acquire the IP that these characters were based off, OR pull a DBD themselves and just create another "original" killer + story and make a full haunt out of that. Greater creative control, less issues with rights, and it leaves an IP slot open while scratching the itch (ala Saws 'n' Steam / Bioshock or Seeds of Extinction / The Last of Us)

I’m not sure that there is. The horror characters, such as they are, are largely pastiches of existing IPs. I think that’s great for the game, but I don’t see a reason for Universal to license something they could do a reasonable facsimile of for free.
Dead by Daylight without the reinforcement of the Blumhouse film feels very CryptTV-y to me. I don't know who any of these original monster characters are, and frankly without that Icon status, I'd rather the HHN team be given the freedom to make whatever original designs they'd like. Full respect to the fans, but I'll pass until we see the movie.

I don't think anyone was arguing we'd see this property in any capacity prior to the movie. That being said, the film wouldn't be happening at all if Blumhouse didn't see value in the IP and the characters. Presumably, the movie isn't going to feature any cross-overs with other horror franchises.