Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Giallo would be fun (you can use Blood and Black Lace or Torso for a visible killer) but I feel like that would have like, negative name recognition from GP.

Reactions: DannyPowers
That's so weird about M3GAN, considering it was still a Blumhouse movie.

And as far as Creature, I always pictured it being similar to Dead Man's Pier - in a seaside village or swamp, not actually underwater.
Have to imagine some scenes would take place underwater. Would make for one hell of a finale.
I always loved the thought of just bringing in horror creators and just letting them write and develop an original.
Peele, Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, etc.
Possibilities are endless.
No, Maybe, No

Reactions: Ahmanet
Have to imagine some scenes would take place underwater. Would make for one hell of a finale.

No, Maybe, No
Creature would be set in a swamp type setting....the original was filmed in Wakulla Springs, FL but I imagine a Louisiana swamp. I agree that an underwater scene would be off the wall!

I always loved the thought of just bringing in horror creators and just letting them write and develop an original.
Peele, Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, etc.
Possibilities are endless.
Would they ever bring Zombie back? That would be amazing and Roth too.

My WAG for the IPs:
-FN@F
-UCM (Darkmoor preview or Creature)
-Ft13 or TCM (there was mention of something Ft13-related on Peacock coming out later this year a few pages back; if not it being TCM's 50th is prime excuse to bring it back...again)
-Another Horrors of Blumhouse
-And probs most out on a limb...Wednesday.

Again, not planning on going (only @AlexanderMBush 's idea on the first couple of pages about Boris Shuster specifically dealing with "Dr. Agana" could do the trick, probably), but I enjoy the spec process a lot.

Last edited:
Underwater scenes? Night Swim had couple different types of them, would love to see what effects they could come up with in a house.

As for the movie, interesting premise but poor execution ... wait for it on Peacock.

RE: CryptTV

I usually attempt to watch a good chunk of an IP's source material before HHN each year, I'll be honest and say I'm glad that I decided against watching all of those short films. So much content, not enough substance for me personally. I remember a lot of people I knew that got into them dropped them around HHN31 cause of the whole NFT nonsense they tried.

Very bad zone too. Lots of cool designs with no direction other than "Stand and menace" or "Walk back and forth on this stage". Hopefully that was a fluke of the pandemic era and we don't see another zone like it anytime soon.

CryptTv was the definitely the turd in the punchbowl. I attempted to watch the series because I knew it was coming to HHN, and I just couldn't do it. Utterly ridiculous. I'm still gobsmacked Uni made it into a scarezone (using that term lightly considering what garbage that was).

I just caught up on everyone's comments. My take away so far is - why does everyone always wish for the same stuff over and over again? I get it, some of you may not have been attending when your faves were a featured house, but that doesn't mean the rest of us really want another TCM or Chucky or even Jason any time soon. There are still enough classics out there that haven't been touched yet (Gremlines, Lost Boys, Phantasm.. I could go on), so why the hell would we settle for some regurgiation of the same material? I guess this is why I look forward to the originals so much because sometimes the IP list gets repetitive.

Also, do you all really think FNAF is coming? Was the movie that big? I didn't watch it as it's not my bag, but I didn't pick up hugely gushing positive reactions to it. The Rotten Tomatoes score averages out to a garbage score. I realize it's all subjective, but I just feel like there are better properties to feature. Do we really need yet another bunch of killer dolls?

Also, do you all really think FNAF is coming? Was the movie that big? I didn't watch it as it's not my bag, but I didn't pick up hugely gushing positive reactions to it. The Rotten Tomatoes score averages out to a garbage score. I realize it's all subjective, but I just feel like there are better properties to feature. Do we really need yet another bunch of killer dolls?

I wouldn't say it's a guarantee, and the movie was pretty bad, but it's got a huge appeal amongst teens / young-adults, with the newer crowds being introduced through endless Hot Topic merch and the flood of new media (books, games, etc.) and others having been curious about the property since it blew-up with content creators on YouTube over a decade ago.

I recently moved from FL and introduced a lot of new people HHN- many of which were fans of Chucky + Stranger Things + FNaF- I couldn't convince many to travel with me for HHN 2023, but they all said they'd spend their savings to attend if FNaF was ever featured.

Again, not a fan of the movie- but when it comes to seeing how HHN has adapted horror movies into haunts over the last few years, FNaF has enough formulaic / textbook scenes that I can already picture most of the haunt in my head. But if FNaF ever does come, I hope it's a pleasant surprise.

My take away so far is - why does everyone always wish for the same stuff over and over again? I get it, some of you may not have been attending when your faves were a featured house, but that doesn't mean the rest of us really want another TCM or Chucky or even Jason any time soon.
The others I agree with, but Jason has been absent from the event for a long time now. It's been nearly 10 years since he was last seen at the event, and 17 years since there's been a house solely based on Friday the 13th.

Also, do you all really think FNAF is coming? Was the movie that big?
I'd say it's pretty big. It was the largest grossing horror movie of last year, and that's after the fact it was available on Peacock day one. Add in that it already has an large established fanbase from the games similarly to TLOU, and I think it has the potential to be a headliner IP for the event.

I didn't watch it as it's not my bag, but I didn't pick up hugely gushing positive reactions to it. The Rotten Tomatoes score averages out to a garbage score.
To be fair, Super Mario Brothers is also listed as having a rotten score, but I don't see Universal reversing course on their partnership with Nintendo due to its great success. While not everyone loved FNAF, it seemed to satisfy long-time fans of the franchise, and served as a good entry-level horror film for many.

CryptTv was the definitely the turd in the punchbowl. I attempted to watch the series because I knew it was coming to HHN, and I just couldn't do it. Utterly ridiculous. I'm still gobsmacked Uni made it into a scarezone (using that term lightly considering what garbage that was).

I just caught up on everyone's comments. My take away so far is - why does everyone always wish for the same stuff over and over again? I get it, some of you may not have been attending when your faves were a featured house, but that doesn't mean the rest of us really want another TCM or Chucky or even Jason any time soon. There are still enough classics out there that haven't been touched yet (Gremlines, Lost Boys, Phantasm.. I could go on), so why the hell would we settle for some regurgiation of the same material? I guess this is why I look forward to the originals so much because sometimes the IP list gets repetitive.

There are several things I want to see that have never been at the event, and there's also some I'd love to see that have been at the event previously. If someone hasn't experienced something, they're not going to really care that it already happened lol

And I would say yes for FNAF - it was a massive cash cow even before the movie. I think it takes a lot for a movie to bring in over $300 million at the box office despite a same-day streaming release.

I get it; even though I do not like FNAF, I would give the film a garbage score; however, I can't deny the franchise has a massive fanbase. As a whole, FNAF is big.

I get why people are speculating FNAF, even just based on the success of the movie: made way over two hundred million (nearly close to three hundred million) at the box office, turned into Blumhouse's highest-grossing movie of all time and highest-grossing horror movie of the 2020s, and is a Universal movie. A sequel is on the way, too.

I'll also add - bad critic reviews have never prevented any Blumhouse film from appearing at HHN, especially ones with proven box office success.