Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Please don't get me wrong - I wasn't trying to start crap with anyone. I was genuinely curious on how big the movie actually was. To be fair, I'd say MOST horror movies are hated by critics. We all know that being a horror fan is difficult sometimes. You have to be able to decide for yourself what appeals to you and ignore most critics.

If FNAF shows up this year, I won't be shocked or anything. I will go through it at least once because even if I think I don't like the IP or theme of a house, I always give it a shot. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes not. For example - wasn't sure how I felt about House of 1000 Corpses being a house because, honestly, it's got such a similar vibe as Texas Chainsaw. But, I went through the house, and I really enjoyed it. Last year, however, I forced myself through Chucky and hated it with a passion. The point is, I will try all of them, no matter what. Everyone has their own preferences and tastes which is why the house lineup is diverse. I'm perfectly happy with such a balance.

All that being said.. I still would love to see a "classic" IP show up that has never been before. Still praying for Phantasm some day.

Watched Night Swim today and I think it could work in a Horrors of Blumhouse. The climax of the film (it would take some creative muscle flexing) could make for some cool and creepy scenes.

Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if FNAF was in a Horrors of Blumhouse instead of a standalone house.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Watched Night Swim today and I think it could work in a Horrors of Blumhouse. The climax of the film (it would take some creative muscle flexing) could make for some cool and creepy scenes.

Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if FNAF was in a Horrors of Blumhouse instead of a standalone house.
If FNAF comes, it’s going to be a standalone… lol

While critic reception probably doesn’t have any effect on HHN selection I’d imagine audience scores do, and Niggt Swims are……not great.

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
This 100%. I don’t think one film in the Saw franchise wasn’t rotten on RT. Never stopped them from bringing it to the event. And that’s just one example.
You illustrate a good point here that doesn't get brought up enough.

Every year, if feels like there's people that act like the HHN creative people go to Rotten Tomatoes, select the horror category, and filter by fresh and then say, "Well, here's our frontrunner options for the year!"

Nothing could be farther from the truth and it's why we haven't seen an A24 property, despite the typically favorable reviews because that doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the process. You might get slightly better results by going to IMDb and filtering on box office, but that's not a guarantee either.

Reactions: Michael S
The priorities of IP selection. These four priorities inform each other: It’s a web, not a checklist.

1. Is management okay with it happening?
2. Does someone in A&D want to advocate for it?
3. Is the IP marketable?
4. Can Universal get the license?

Critical reception doesn’t matter.

This 100%. I don’t think one film in the Saw franchise wasn’t rotten on RT. Never stopped them from bringing it to the event. And that’s just one example.

I'm not saying Saw is not awesome. Fact is I'd go as far to say that it's the most iconic horror franchise of the last 20 years...

But they'll partner with anyone whose got a Saw themed idea -

I'm still curious to see if we may get a Dead by Daylight zone this year in congruence with Blumhouse's DBD film (I assume releasing next year?)

And yes, FNAF merch would sell like absolute mad. And an FNAF food booth would have massive lines at all times.