Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just don't know how you do FNaF with that mid-way split in F&F.
If they REALLY wanted too they could finesse a little facade of Freddys in that space for a similar effect on how you went around the house in Halloween in the middle of the run from 31.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
If they REALLY wanted too they could finesse a little facade of Freddys in that space for a similar effect on how you went around the house in Halloween in the middle of the run from 31.
What if they design the final room of the "Freaky" chunk as you finally hitting 6AM, and hearing the jingle and cheer that goes along with it. The digital font "6AM" text printed on the wall in front of you as you turn right into the outside segment.

Honestly, I do dig both of those ideas- especially the 6am transition. But the way I look at it- Chucky, Freaky, The Black Phone- all of those lack the necessity for a good façade, or really even any type of façade- those aren't properties where I think any type of grand entry, except for maybe something abstract, would be of any benefit.

FNaF, however, has Freddy Fazbear's Pizza- the flickering neon sign a tense buildup as you trek through the night- and I can't see that type of moment being something that would be sacrificed in favor of the F&F queue. Sure there's the benefit of queue TVs- which, there are workarounds for other locations if those are determined to be a big part of the experience.

Perhaps it's me--but I genuinely don't think the FNAF suits would warrant them *having* to be in a soundstage to work.

F&F feels like a good place if they use the venue to allow a sense of buildup for the Pizzeria. Have us explore it's interior, encounter the animatronics as they kill the "Wrecking Crew", and then have us go outside to the tent to then be faced with Night 5 where you can then focus on Mike, Venessa, and SpringBonnie (alongside cameos from that of Sparky and the Doll) with a final scare for Golden Freddy. That feels like a good way to allow you to space things out.

Perhaps it's me--but I genuinely don't think the FNAF suits would warrant them *having* to be in a soundstage to work.

F&F feels like a good place if they use the venue to allow a sense of buildup for the Pizzeria. Have us explore it's interior, encounter the animatronics as they kill the "Wrecking Crew", and then have us go outside to the tent to then be faced with Night 5 where you can then focus on Mike, Venessa, and SpringBonnie (alongside cameos from that of Sparky and the Doll) with a final scare for Golden Freddy. That feels like a good way to allow you to space things out.
The more I’ve thought about the suits (if FNaF happens), the more I think they’ll stay in the house and the performers will put them on at cast change. Storing/cleaning multiple costumes of that size for the houses is ungainly.

The more I’ve thought about the suits (if FNaF happens), the more I think they’ll stay in the house and the performers will put them on at cast change. Storing/cleaning multiple costumes of that size for the houses is ungainly.

For me it would be a wait n' see if they do that. Since last year they clearly had a bunch of yeti suits plus two bears for Yeti: Campground Kills.

Though on the flip-side, I think they actually utilized that concept with Bugs: Eaten Alive, since I recall seeing a few cast changes where the scare actors portraying the larger mutant bugs were only in half-suit going to and from the tent. Granted, that was probably more due to there was no easy way getting in and out of the house wearing something like the cockroach suit.

• Haha
For me it would be a wait n' see if they do that. Since last year they clearly had a bunch of yeti suits plus two bears for Yeti: Campground Kills.

Though on the flip-side, I think they actually utilized that concept with Bugs: Eaten Alive, since I recall seeing a few cast changes where the scare actors portraying the larger mutant bugs were only in half-suit going to and from the tent. Granted, that was probably more due to there was no easy way getting in and out of the house wearing something like the cockroach suit.
They’ve done it a few times. First time was was way back in Bloodengutz with the Arbor Day tree.

There is also a big difference between a yeti costume, which is basically a furry jumpsuit, and something like the FNaF animatronics.

And I would agree to that too; so long as the suits are easily able to be taken on and off inside the venues at that time; it'd make sense to have them there alongside whatever they'd need to make sure that any articulated elements can be fixed there too.

One more thing on DBD - the lack of recognition for original characters is why I suggested a zone. It's not unprecedented for them to have a zone OR house for something prior to its release. (Zombieland comes to mind for me as far as zones)

If they did a zone, I could totally see them doing something similar to Zombieland Double Tap. Big photo op in the middle with survivors and original killers stalking around.

As far as locations for FNAF, I still see it as a soundstage house. I imagine it in the location where they held Dueling Dragons - imagine walking down the curtained corridor with posters of the animatronics hanging above, turning the corner and being met with the pizzeria facade.

Just putting this right here
I'm always down for more CFTBL.

Interesting partnership where Robert Kirkman also worked also helped with making Renfield, so the working relationship is already there.

Creature felt like an easy lock until Murdy tweeted something a little while ago about him kinda leaning away from the idea of a Hollywood Creature house for 33.

It's totally still possible we get another Frank Vs Wolf / Bride Vs Bride coastal split like HHN30, but they've seemed to want to coordinate in previous years. I'm curious to see what happens.

I'm just wondering how they're going to go about announcing/advertising HHN 33 since this year is the big marketing push for Epic Universe. Hopefully we get dates/ticket sales (house announcements too hopefully) a little earlier than usual but I dont know lol

I'm just wondering how they're going to go about announcing/advertising HHN 33 since this year is the big marketing push for Epic Universe. Hopefully we get dates/ticket sales (house announcements too hopefully) a little earlier than usual but I dont know lol

Mind thinks we go later in the game--no announcements until Late June/July atleast, excluding dates and hotel packages.

Focus first on DreamWorks Animation/Parade/Nighttime Show, then focus on HHN.