Ghostbusters coming back to UO? | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters coming back to UO?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Interesting. Maybe for the new Parade?
Would fit the "New UOR Event" rumor that had gone kinda quiet in past months:

While I don’t know everything that Universal has up their sleeve for this proposed event, the idea is to bring back some interesting iconic characters and themes, not only from Universal’s back catalog, but some themes that were once popular parts of the early Universal Orlando experience. Early concepts talked about bringing some characters back to the park for live performances, such as Bettlejuice’s Graveyard Revue on a stage, or to have the Ghostbusters roaming the park in Ecto 1. Anyone else remember the live street performance where the Ghostbusters would chase down Bettlejuice who in return would possess them and make them dance to songs like “Day-O”?

Huh, what a crazy way for that news to drop! That'd be incredibly exciting if it does turn out to be the Summer IP event, and even if they can't get Pokemon built fast enough, I think Villain-Con/Minionland replacing Shrek 4D, the Kidzone redo, and a summer HHN-style event could do a lot of work in bolstering USF's lineup in the short term.

Huh, what a crazy way for that news to drop! That'd be incredibly exciting if it does turn out to be the Summer IP event, and even if they can't get Pokemon built fast enough, I think Villain-Con/Minionland replacing Shrek 4D, the Kidzone redo, and a summer HHN-style event could do a lot of work in bolstering USF's lineup in the short term.
Throw in the new parade & lagoon show too hah.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
Chances of FFL being used for Graveyard Revue return? Then once the event ends, they begin transformation into Nightmare Fuel (or whatever else it may be).

Assuming of course FFL isn't getting demo'd.

Possibility of this just being a Sony tie-in to promote GHOSTBUSTERS FROZEN EMPIRE?

Honestly, I'm gonna' say not likely on that. Why would Universal spend money to buy and bring over a car to turn into the Ecto-1 just to promote a film that they don't own/distribute etc? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

But to go through all that so it can be used in a parade, show and/or rumored event that would involve major properties formerly featured in the park? That makes a lot more sense.

Now yes, they can still possibly promote Frozen Empire, but that would be more due to synergy reasons as they have a GB show, event etc. going on. Point still stands, they're not going through all this just to promote the new film on it's own.

I mean, they would go through all of that if Sony is offering them enough money. Either way, I’m happy it seems like Ghostbusters is making some sort of a return to the parks.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95