General Reality TV Thread | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems like a waste that they released what seems to be a great reality show in one batch though instead of building excitement by doing weekly batch releases.
Easy thing to change for season 2. My guess is they wanted the good word out ASAP to begin this franchise and with a long weekend maybe not a bad look. Also 2 NFL playoff games on NBC this weekend to promote it.

I hope Netflix notices The Traitors doing well and finally gives The Mole the renewal and second chance it deserves.
The Mole didn't seem to perform all that well within Netflix's Top 10 during any week of release whereas shows like The Circle, Love Is Blind, Floor Is Lava, and other Netflix reality/game shows tend to perform near the top when they are released.

For that reason, i'm worried it may not get a second season, however i'm hopeful that Netflix gives it a second chance and hopefully it can build on the audience it had from season 1. They need to look internally though at what did work for the show and what didn't... (*cough*Alex Wagner*cough* :look::whistle:)

Binged through a good chunk of The Traitors tonight and watched until just after the breakfast in the fifth episode. This show is addicting as hell and while I love The Mole, I have to say, this show improves on at least what Netflix's Mole did in almost every way. FAR superior host, the half and half cast of reality TV vets/newbies is intriguing and there's just a lot more to like overall.

There's still room for The Mole as the shows *are* different at their core. We don't find out who The Mole is until the end of the show so it's a fun show to play along with. The Traitors seems to improved on The Mole's weaknesses imo though and realized that it's okay if the audience is in on who the traitors are and it's still just as much fun if not more fun as then the show can focus on the mess around it all and seeing if The traitors can make it to the end or not.

Having two sides where the show has three traitors and 17 faithfuls helps to give the audience a bit more of a rooting interest than The Mole has built within it's DNA and I feel like that's always sort of been an issue with The Mole. I still hope Netflix gives the show a second season, though.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The thing about The Traitors that makes it works so well is that it’s telling “two sides.” As a result, regardless of if a Traitor or a Faithful wins the game, the viewer is given a win/win proposition of viewing. Viewers can actively arm-chair quarterback instead of guess (like The Mole) and think about they could play the game in either “role” instead of based on variable game-states (like everything else).

The thing about The Traitors that makes it works so well is that it’s telling “two sides.” As a result, regardless of if a Traitor or a Faithful wins the game, the viewer is given a win/win proposition of viewing. Viewers can actively arm-chair quarterback instead of guess (like The Mole) and think about they could play the game in either “role” instead of based on variable game-states (like everything else).
Yeah, how i'm watching different (in terms of playing along) is that with The Mole, I felt on the outs as I was constantly searching for clues and who The Mole might be because I was in the dark too. I think that's the major downside to The Mole's premise (unless they start to reveal who The Mole is from the jump) and why it has always had a problem holding an audience is because it keeps the audience blind to what is happening whereas The Traitors fills you in while also getting to play along and wonder what will happen next, which is still fun as I can sort of play out scenarios in my head at any given time for what I would do in this circumstance if I was a Traitor or a Faithful.

The Traitors is very transparent to the viewing audience cause we know the roles, and EVERYONE has to publicly vote each episode, so while of course the show is edited and we’re naturally missing things, we get pretty upfront with what’s going on as players and viewers.

Reactions: Nick
The Traitors is very transparent to the viewing audience cause we know the roles, and EVERYONE has to publicly vote each episode, so while of course the show is edited and we’re naturally missing things, we get pretty upfront with what’s going on as players and viewers.
This is a very good point that I hadn't thought about. The quiz that is taken on the mole is another thing that leaves us guessing while The Traitors tells you who is voting for who at the ceremony.

I think the most engaging difference between the shows though is that whoever is chosen to be The Mole gets an auto pass to finale night and cannot be sent home whereas the traitors are not safe until the end. Yes, the three do have an influence on the game in manipulating the other players and cannot be murdered, but they can be sent home during the house banishment vote.

This is a very good point that I hadn't thought about. The quiz that is taken on the mole is another thing that leaves us guessing while The Traitors tells you who is voting for who at the ceremony.

I think the most engaging difference between the shows though is that whoever is chosen to be The Mole gets an auto pass to finale night and cannot be sent home whereas the traitors are not safe until the end. Yes, the three do have an influence on the game in manipulating the other players and cannot be murdered, but they can be sent home during the house banishment vote.
And, Traitors can turn on each other. The Mole works alone.

The Traitors is a brilliant concept.

I want to apologize for Big Brother, it started the cheap, reality tv game shows, and it's the worst export product from the Netherlands.
No apology needed, I love me some trashy reality TV :lol:

But I especially love well done reality TV.

Finished The Traitors early this week. Loved it. Where the hell was the reunion though??? I feel like this show more than most needs one.

Reactions: Legacy
So i'm not actually watching the show, only HasnaAbi's reactions to it on Twitch, but Milf Manor is all sorts of bonkers. Discovery literally said "lets try to make the trashiest show that's ever existed" and they've succeeded. It's both disgusting and highly entertaining all at the same time. The drama on this show comes from every angle and just when you think the show can't dig any lower, it does something like this:

The one thing that’s been bothering me this season with The Challenge is how freaking predictable the editing is. This has been a thing for quite a few seasons now, but the show just has a very specific formula and once you see it, you’ll always see it until they change the editing style.

I almost always accurately predict who goes home each episode just from editing giving it away.

The Physical 100 on Netflix is GD precious. You have to watch it dubbed because the voices are *chef’s kiss* and it makes the trash talking even more lighthearted and hilarious.