Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
I really hope they have a plan and soon. It’s just bad show at this point. I get that the hurricane did damage that needed attention, but these AAs have needed substantial assistance for a while.

What happened to that rumor that some AA work was going on behind MIB? Was that real? If yes, is it still happpening?

It definitely needs a major overhaul, even if it isn't a JW-type redo. I'm wondering if we're getting to that point in 2024 to have it ready for 2025. Probably why this seems to be a lengthy issue.
It would make sense. Not that the ride has been in prime shape for a while, but it's been so bad for a while that it seems like something is up

I seem to recall there were rumblings from some insiders that a major overhaul of the ride was scheduled a few years back. But then, Universal went the Velocicoaster route instead. Perhaps those rumored plans, if they existed, are back on the table.

I personally think it would be best to open a JPRA refresh in 2025, starting concurrently with Zelda construction in 2024. Between a JPRA refresh and the recent USF additions, that should provide enough of a buffer to keep EU from over-cannibalizing guests at the older parks.

What IOA needs, outside of a major family dark ride, is entertainment additions and a refresh of JPRA.

IOA has become Orlando's 2nd most popular park for good reason. It just needs the little things like entertainment and upkeep to keep it there.
I believe the Toon Lagoon Theater can be put to use if they choose to - with a general and simple cartoon characters sing along. May be cheap & quick - but it does bring the seated entertainment that IOA needs.