Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
That’s not true at all. The weather absolutely has an effect. SoCal does not have the type of hot and humid seasons Orlando has.
yeah, weather impacts both attractions in different ways. the hollywood attraction isn’t (usually) getting dumped on with rain, but the increasing extremity of summers here absolutely damages any outdoor figures.

That’s not true at all. The weather absolutely has an effect. SoCal does not have the type of hot and humid seasons Orlando has.

USH's River Adventure also had dire maintenance/upkeep similar to IOA. While the weather in Florida can be difficult to work with, I don't think it's primarily the weather's fault.

Even the indoor animatronics, whether JPRA or other rides, always seem to struggle.

Reactions: tankart150
USH's River Adventure also had dire maintenance/upkeep similar to IOA. While the weather in Florida can be difficult to work with, I don't think it's primarily the weather's fault.

Even the indoor animatronics, whether JPRA or other rides, always seem to struggle.
Don’t get me wrong - this is not a question of “if this, then that”. Both things are true. Water ride animatronics are known to have issues due to the nature of the attraction. In Orlando’s case - it’s coupled with hot and humid months.

This ride is a BAD look for Uni. I won’t harp on the ultrasaur being down…but nobody has mentioned the missing dinosaur before the one that knocks you off course (sorry, blanking on the name), the one that knocks you off course + the raptors in the building being locked into their positions as you pass, or the lack of moving trees/branches in the raptor containment area.

I’m the first to defend a place when stuff happens, but there’s literally a marketing blitz for Jurassic June going on…in the time it took to develop the tribute store, they could have/should have checked up on the notoriously hard-to-maintain dinosaurs and made sure they were ready to go. You’d think resources would’ve been focused on that over everything, at least for this month. I try to be sympathetic, but I also feel like if someone on my team didn’t have a major component of a summer marketing campaign ready to go by launch I’d be having a tough conversation.

I will say, on a positive note, the T-Rex finale looked great and the raptor cage was working really well (I think it’s better than the old Hollywood Jeep effect). So it’s not completely useless—just really unfortunate timing for every other issue it’s having.

Last edited:
This whole thread, the retheme idea, and Poseidon Entertainment right now:
IMG_1714.jpeg

Universal can simply give maintenance to River Adventure. They’re not like Disney right now. Besides, JW Dominion wasn’t really that good.

This whole thread, the retheme idea, and Poseidon Entertainment right now:
View attachment 19154

Universal can simply give maintenance to River Adventure. They’re not like Disney right now. Besides, JW Dominion wasn’t really that good.

I mean, every time I look into the matter the more I wonder “when are they going to old yeller it”, because of the damages by Hurricane Ian.

Sounds like maintenance barn door has become just a black tarp in the span of the past few days, and a large amount of paint is increasingly chipping away.

These type of long-standing issues just always blow my mind a bit. I don't run a theme park and I daresay I have very little insight into the intricacies of running one. Post-COVID, I know that it's hard to source parts and labor for specialized things (having dealt with this myself). I also understand how hard it is to deal with scheduling for something that needs to be up in decent working condition most of the time and have everything lined up for refurbishment if it is not.

In spite of all this, I still occasionally find it baffling that a world class theme park that absolutely has the resources to deal this problem simply does not solve it in the amount of time they've had (and this goes for Disney as well). Yes, sometimes you cannot get things for love or for money (or you're a less resourced company as people are discussing in the Knott's Berry Farm thread). But Universal management allowing the level of decay seen here and shrugging and saying, "People are still paying for this" just surprises me. Sure, if someone comes on a once in lifetime and maybe they don't lose any subsequent business, but eventually you might turn off that second or third trip someone wants to take. I hate relying on this trope, but it's doubly insulting that the parks in Japan typically do not have these issues and it's a poor reflection of US park management.