Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
Since we’re getting a Zelda boat ride, rumored at least… is there any chance this becomes Jurassic World Adventure from Beijing? I don’t know if it’d even fit, just throwing this out here for discussion sake.
As much as I'd love to see this ride in the States, I think the GP noticing that they've boarded a third Spider-Man ride vehicle during their visit would give Universal a bit of negative feedback, despite how awesome the ride actually is.

I don't want to preach to the choir, but I'm praying for the full overhaul/refresh of the Jurassic Park land/JW ride coming to IOA every night. Just copy and paste the ride for a speedier turnover and open it before Tiana.

I really believe that a refresh of the ride would remain JP themed and not JW, simply because you’d also have to retheme the entire land if the River Adventure switches to JW. Wouldn’t make sense for there to be two major JW attractions in a land themed to JP.
I mean, they would just change over some signage and call it a day

I could be very wrong about this, but the signage in the queue line for Velocicoaster has all of the attractions in JP branded to JW anyway. The JP River adventure is just River adventure and features the Parasaurolophus and Camp Jurassic says Camp Cretaceous(Which was pretty successful). Its a fun easter egg, but wouldn't be super far off base to rename these things and only have to change signage.

I could be very wrong about this, but the signage in the queue line for Velocicoaster has all of the attractions in JP branded to JW anyway. The JP River adventure is just River adventure and features the Parasaurolophus and Camp Jurassic says Camp Cretaceous(Which was pretty successful). Its a fun easter egg, but wouldn't be super far off base to rename these things and only have to change signage.
It also has posters for attractions that don’t exist and aren’t likely to be coming like the gyrosphere. I think it’s just a fun easter egg.

Reactions: tankart150
Yea, and the ride talks about the incident on the River Adventure. It would be a super easy change

JP is a classic. JW is already dead and buried. The Jurassic brand will be revived before too long, but it would make no sense to build more JW content right now.
I wouldn’t say dead and burried as the first JW film is remembered fondly by most, but I agree JP will be the longer remembered film. The newest JW oddly had more connections to the story and setting of JP than anything else in the JW trilogy.

I wouldn’t say dead and burried as the first JW film is remembered fondly by most, but I agree JP will be the longer remembered film. The newest JW oddly had more connections to the story and setting of JP than anything else in the JW trilogy.
The last film also did over a billion, and is one of the few Post-Covid films to do so. Hardly “dead and buried”. Beyond that, there’s more to JW beyond the films.

The last film also did over a billion, and is one of the few Post-Covid films to do so. Hardly, “dead and buried”. Beyond that, there’s more to JW beyond the films.
Agreed, just saying that ironically there is not much “Jurassic World” in JW Dominion. I seem to remember them mentioning Jurassic Park more, especially since it had the original cast back. Nostalgia for that first movie is as strong as ever, and if anything Jurassic World just introduced an entire new generation to it.

Agreed, just saying that ironically there is not much “Jurassic World” in JW Dominion. I seem to remember them mentioning Jurassic Park more, especially since it had the original cast back. Nostalgia for that first movie is as strong as ever, and if anything Jurassic World just introduced an entire new generation to it.
Gotcha.

Fwiw, I don’t care with whichever scenario they choose - but I totally understand a quick rebrand for thematic integrity

The last film also did over a billion, and is one of the few Post-Covid films to do so. Hardly, “dead and buried”. Beyond that, there’s more to JW beyond the films.
I think at one point there were rumors for a TV series as well. But one of the producers (Marshall) dismissed that rumor. They didn't rule out the possibility of one happening down the line however.

Universal has a history of wanting to get some bang for their buck when an aging attraction's core components reach the end of their shelf lives. See Spider-Man's upgrade and the Earthquake > Disaster conversion -- suddenly, it's a "new" experience for them to market. If they can't find a way to do that, the possibility of complete replacement becomes much more likely (see Disaster > Fast and Furious).

E.T. and Men in Black have managed to buck this trend, so it's not a hard and fast rule... and I have no inside info on where Universal's leaning with regard to the River Adventure, but it's something worth thinking about if multiple dino animatronics require total rebuilds.

It's not really about what is relevant/popular IP... they are just lacking in maintenance. I love Universal like all of us, but they don't have the best record of upkeep on their attractions.

An attraction at a world-class theme park with a world-class IP shouldn't be in this state.

Fundamentally, I completely agree. I'm just pointing out how they've historically responded to these types of seismic issues.

I wish somebody in the theme park press community (like a Robert Niles, or whoever covers the theme park beat for the Orlando Sentinel) would attempt to at least get a comment from Universal about this.

Universal would almost certainly say nothing detailed, if they responded at all, but I'd still like to see what they might say.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a JPRA project announced some point soon
I hope so, but that depends on your definition of soon.

If this thing ends up going a year or more in this condition, I truly don't think that's acceptable, so I would hope we hear about a closure quickly after Labor Day (for after the new year, if not sooner).

I wish somebody in the theme park press community (like a Robert Niles, or whoever covers the theme park beat for the Orlando Sentinel) would attempt to at least get a comment from Universal about this.

Universal would almost certainly say nothing detailed, if they responded at all, but I'd still like to see what they might say.

I hope so, but that depends on your definition of soon.

If this thing ends up going a year or more in this condition, I truly don't think that's acceptable, so I would hope we hear about a closure quickly after Labor Day (for after the new year, if not sooner).
No one asks because they will not comment on it.

Let’s also pump the brakes a bit. First reports are around May, and the ride did close earlier this year for its annual refurb and maintenance.

Last edited: