Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
Which Six Flags do you live near?

I may need to plan a visit…

But seriously, I am/have been hoping that Garner Holt being on site might be utilized to work on the Dino animatronics.
SFNE in Mass. They took their antique cars and dropped some cheap off the shelf dinosaur animatronics from another park along the ride path and they’re still better maintained than Universal’s world class e-ticket!

BTW I had no idea about garner holt, that’s very good news!
This guy has quickly become my favorite theme park YouTuber.
Yes, he’s great! I also like Defunctland, but he stopped posting as much and when he does post it’s about not as relevant topics. Offhand Disney, Poseidon, and Expedition Theme Park are my three favorites

At this point, I'd live with a WORLD retheme if it meant everything worked correctly from that point on!

But keep the Mosa screen tunnel far, far away from Orlando. It's just not a worthy opening sequence compared to the (working) lagoon scene.

ESPECIALLY when the Mosa is canonically in the lagoon.

Reactions: tankart150
At this point, I'd live with a WORLD retheme if it meant everything worked correctly from that point on!

But keep the Mosa screen tunnel far, far away from Orlando. It's just not a worthy opening sequence compared to the (working) lagoon scene.

Bring Jurassic World over and convert Thunder Falls into the sitdown Hammonds restaurant from Beijing. Money maker right there imo

As a JP diehard, if they keep Camp Jurassic for a JW retheme... I'll take it.
Keep Camp Jurassic and when you do the conversion to World keep the old queue video. Explain that this was the video Hammond intended to headline the planned JP River Adventure before the issues happened and expansions were scrapped. Now Jurassic World intends to present Hammond’s initial vision for the park, but completely safe and with the latest Dino’s and technology.

That way we can keep the Attenborough footage to boot; perfectly mixing the old and new.

Keep Camp Jurassic and when you do the conversion to World keep the old queue video. Explain that this was the video Hammond intended to headline the planned JP River Adventure before the issues happened and expansions were scrapped. Now Jurassic World intends to present Hammond’s initial vision for the park, but completely safe and with the latest Dino’s and technology.

That way we can keep the Attenborough footage to boot; perfectly mixing the old and new.

I unironically love creative ways of being cheap!

I unironically love creative ways of being cheap!
I mean, sure it saves money, but I really only care about saving the Hammond/Attenborough footage. The rest can be Claire or Wu talking about the safety procedures, the dinosaurs we can expect to see, and the legacy of Hammond they are trying to uphold; intercut with Hammond’s spiel.

As a fan of the original movies/ride this feels like the best way to blend both worlds.

As a film buff, I also don’t want to lose that Attenborough footage given the relationship he and Spielberg formed with one another.

Is their plan maybe to replace it with an indoor ride? Like the one that just opened at another Universal park

Maybe Florida weather is just too tough on this type of ride

One of the original plans for the Hollywood overlay was to enclose the entire layout so they could have larger and more elaborate sets without worrying about weather. They didn’t do it because of cost, space, and the desire to honor the original. It would be a good idea for Orlando. They could use the indoor setting to capture the mood and feel of the Beijing ride while still keeping the layout. What’a more likely though is for them to just transplant Hollywood since the R&D is already finished.

Is their plan maybe to replace it with an indoor ride? Like the one that just opened at another Universal park

Maybe Florida weather is just too tough on this type of ride

Weather doesn't really impact it that much since it's already a water ride that needs maintenance anyway on a yearly basis. It's just poor upkeep by Universal.