Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welcome to WDW of the 21st century.

It works more in Car's Land because there wasn't a product like that out on the West Coast, even there I would say it doesn't work but it'll atleast have marginal success. WDW is flooded with awesome food products that are novelty items. A lot of them end up not being successful because they don't have the branding of Butterbeer. You really only hear people talking about Dole Whips, Pretzels, Churros and Turkey Legs. I would say Dole Whips are the only ones who have exclusivity and success like Butterbeer.

Like folks love to compare Ollivanders to Belle, they'll also miss the point with Butterbeer and this Apple knock-off. The 2 Potter things NEEDED to exist and had a basis in canon. Neither Belle nor this drink needed to be a thing. Further, they couldn't even be bothered to make an exclusive drink for this, they had to steal directly from Carsland.

It’s not a meet and greet!!! I think that is the major problem that some people have, they see it as a meet and greet. Like I posted on the other thread this is closer to Turtle talk or Laughter floor. It’s a full interactive show/attraction and with the amazing AAs and the Enchanted Mirror magic it should be fantastic (wait times aside).

Maybe Iam in a minority but Iam actual happy that its not a dark ride but instead something completely original (which a lot of people have knocked Disney for not doing original stuff but rolling out clones and Omni-movers). Classic dark rides are great but you are passive in the sense that you just move from scene to scene where has here you get to actual interact with the characters from the movie.

So stop been grumpy and pretend your a plate and remember what it was like to be a kid again ;-)

I suppose a rootbeer float was deemed too similar to Butterbeer, or I guess apple does go better with cinnamon rolls.

I would've went with a rootbeer based drink and pretzel bread as the dish.

When I was a kid I rode rides.

*stubborn*

Yes so did i but i also used to imagine what it would be like to fight Captain Hook so would have given anything to have this type of attraction based on that story just as children and adults that have grown up with B&B will enjoy this. Doesnt have to be one or the other you can enjoy both and there are lots of dark rides in FL this is just something different. Plus were getting another dark ride anyway in FLE

From the Disney Parks Blog:

We think this signature beverage will be a big hit at Gaston’s Tavern when New Fantasyland opens later this year – LeFou’s Brew, named after Gaston’s sidekick in “Beauty and the Beast.” It’s no-sugar added frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow, topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam. We bet the souvenir steins and goblets are going to go fast. (And, yes, if it sounds familiar, guests at Cars Land at the Disneyland Resort may have tasted the frozen concoction at the Cozy Cone.)

The quick-service restaurant, created to look like a comfy lodge in the English countryside, will be a great place to escape from the Florida sun. Outside is a statue of Gaston hoisting two kegs of his favorite brew; inside he’s center stage in a big portrait over the fireplace.
The signature sweet at Gaston’s, by the way, is warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, served all day.

gtc809172LARGE.jpg

that sounds gross. You know Disney could have made some BIG headlines, as well as some $$$ if they decided to make this the only place in Magic Kingdom to get a beer. I'll probably never try this.

- - - Updated - - -

apple marshmellow and passion-fruit mango? Why?

Forgive me, but you've only really shown up to defend MIABoy aka FloRida and knew he was banned for trolling (Which only would have been knowledge to Staff and the banned). When he was FloRida, he was stirring the pot against Disney. As MIABoy, he stirred the pot against Universal. He also joined under the name LMAO.

Now what exactly am I supposed to think with all that laid out in front of me.

What? :stunned:

Well i only posted when i feel the need to say something other wise.. i just read like the smart boy i am. :meditate:

I honestly don't care what its like or where its from. If its good, ill get it with the cinnamon rolls which will be so delicious it makes you hate yourself afterwards. There was nothing besides beer to take from the movie, so I'm not pissed about it.

I honestly don't care what its like or where its from. If its good, ill get it with the cinnamon rolls which will be so delicious it makes you hate yourself afterwards. There was nothing besides beer to take from the movie, so I'm not pissed about it.

Personally, I just think it's another example of them being SUPREMELY lazy.

They could have tried to make something that fits in theme much, much more than this. They could have tried to give the expansion a true signature drink rather than just lazily copying one from Cars Land and slapping it in a butterbeer mug.

It's just plain lazy.

gonna have to agree and say this is lazy for multiple reasons. For starters, unlike Butterbeer, this doesn't fit anywhere within the theme of the movie it's celebrating. It also doesn't fit the themeing of the time/place/atmosphere.

the fact that it's just a borrowed clone of a drink in Carsland is another lazy move. Apple, marshmellow, and mango? Does that sound like something you would order in a tavern? It might as well be called Gaston's Fake Martini Bar and have neon lights on the outside. They couldn't come up with a unique drink to fit the theme?

How bout making fresh (on premisis) root beer? and serve root beer floats? I know it doesnt sound exciting, but fresh brewed Root Beer tastes a lot better then that crap in a Barq's can.

Finally, the goblet's look like cheap knockoffs that you would find at the flea market. Why even make a "princess cup" other then to encourage selling this to little girls? It doesnt fit with the theme (why would they have these type of cups at a tavern?), and it looks downright cheap.

Companies have always copied other companies. Butterbeer is a rite of passage at Universal and this quasi knockoff won't come close in sales. I think it is funny to see Disney do this. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

It’s not a meet and greet!!! I think that is the major problem that some people have, they see it as a meet and greet. Like I posted on the other thread this is closer to Turtle talk or Laughter floor. It’s a full interactive show/attraction and with the amazing AAs and the Enchanted Mirror magic it should be fantastic (wait times aside).

Maybe Iam in a minority but Iam actual happy that its not a dark ride but instead something completely original (which a lot of people have knocked Disney for not doing original stuff but rolling out clones and Omni-movers). Classic dark rides are great but you are passive in the sense that you just move from scene to scene where has here you get to actual interact with the characters from the movie.

So stop been grumpy and pretend your a plate and remember what it was like to be a kid again ;-)

You do realize Disney has advertised this as an interactive meet and greet right? So, what it is, a meet and greet or a show? If it is a show, then Disney is misleading its guests which will lead to thousands of angry parents and thousands of whining kids because they were told one thing and given another.

While Im sure the cinnamon rolls will be good, I think it's another strange food item for a tavern.