Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my opinion I'd rather have Cars Land than Potter Land. Potter is cold, dark and English. Cars is warm, bright and American. I'm not much of a fan for either franchise so that bias is not there. I'd rather travel in an automobile than a horse, broom or bird thing. I'd rather have a rootbeer float with a cheeseburger than candy and butterbeer.

As for the money involved, everyone was so happy that Potter brought in money to expand and refurbish things at the resorts. All the money did nothing to stop a ticket price increase. So that arguement is out.

I haven't wanted to go back to Disney in California for almost twenty years. I am now thinking about going back.

Dude, your increase is nothing. Come talk to me sometime about how much my DLR passport is going to run me come September when it expires... Ticket prices are raised almost every year at every resort... not just UOR. PLUS, they are adding more to UOR than they ever have in any given period of time. DM, the new show, new parade, the HP expansion... you may not like HP, but UOR is using the money to give you new attractions.

And for the record... it's a bench, bro. On FJ, you fly on a bench. Nothing is cooler than flying on a bench. Respect.

I know, I think you're getting hit hard on your increase.

I wasnt talking about FJ. I know its a bench, I'm talking about the bird thing that is at the old Flying Unicorn ride. I wasnt even thinking about FJ actually.

I know, I think you're getting hit hard on your increase.

I wasnt talking about FJ. I know its a bench, I'm talking about the bird thing that is at the old Flying Unicorn ride. I wasnt even thinking about FJ actually.

I was just bustin' chops with sarcasm :thumbs:. And yeah they are REALLY handing it to me. Not only the increase... but if I wanted a Cars Land preview... I had to shell out $50 per (half) day.

Did anyone else see they opened Carsland this weekend to annual pass holders??? Thats great right??? They charged them $50 bucks a head for access! On top of that you were allowed in either the Morning OR the afternoon!

Did anyone else see they opened Carsland this weekend to annual pass holders??? Thats great right??? They charged them $50 bucks a head for access! On top of that you were allowed in either the Morning OR the afternoon!

Yeah I said that a page ago or so lol. $50 for less than half a day. Aren't I special?

$50 is either rude on the part of Disney, or the AP holders are stupid as whale poop for paying it. Or both. Are they going to start charging $45 for strollers and handbags on their Monorail next?

Teebin, AP were stupid enough to do it... and the younger ones were foolish enough to think they were getting a deal. I know several of my friends were trying to convince me to drive down there and buy a ticket. No dice. I can afford one or the other. Gas to drive 360 miles or a $50 ticket... but not both lol!

Yeah I said that a page ago or so lol. $50 for less than half a day. Aren't I special?

Sorry must of missed that, but I don't know what to say to you as a pass holder. I was just flabbergasted when I saw that!

New video from WDI:

[video=youtube;cKM3swRDFXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKM3swRDFXE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The more I see of RSR, the greater it looks. I really dislike Cars but the ride and land really have impressed me so far. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, attractions that WDI has put out in recent years.

The indoor dark ride scenes and Audio-Animatronics

[video=youtube;UAKIcJibhy8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKIcJibhy8[/video]

WOW

Last edited:
No denying it might be the greatest dark ride ever created but until I get out there in October....

I'll have to wait to see it in person... but Skipper... it's pretty high up there already in my book lol!

Oh I agree it looks to be in the conversation. Not denying that at all.

But For me, it's probably not going to pass something like Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and possibly even Tower of Terror. The first two because they created their own environments, the second because Twilight Zone > Cars.

It even being in the conversation considering it's Cars is impressive.

Last edited: