Disney Raises Ticket Prices for 2015 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Raises Ticket Prices for 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
having to pay $99 to get into hollywood studios right now is beyond ludicrous. Disney isn't a place anybody of any class can go to anymore, it's now for the privileged and that puts a horrible taste in my mouth

having to pay $99 to get into hollywood studios right now is beyond ludicrous. Disney isn't a place anybody of any class can go to anymore, it's now for the privileged and that puts a horrible taste in my mouth

I totally understand what you are saying, I do! In John Hammond's words "I don't want to cater only to the super rich". However, business is business and if Disney deems it economically efficient to raise prices on tickets every year because there will be a population who attends regardless, then by all means they should follow through. This is coming from a guy who desperately wants an annual pass (I live in LA and can't afford one for DL). If anything, it shows how much the company is able to attract people for vacation. I think as locals, we sometimes lose track of the idea that many lower-middle and middle class families will splurge and do a one-time vacation to Orlando. Most people who I know that are now in there 20's have told me that they've only been to Orlando once or twice. If anything, I think the prices make it harder for the locals than the out-of-towners and I think most of the locals will pay regardless. For the few that dropout, Disney will recover from the increase.

Last edited:

Universal will raise their prices to the same amount, if not more. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are in a comparable range. It's just how supply and demand works. At least the parks offer discounts...there are some Disney ticket deals that average out to like $30 a park. Then there's the buy a day come back all year thing at SeaWorld. And what park doesn't offer a local resident discount? I still don't think Disney (or Universal or SeaWorld because, let's be fair, their prices are in the same range) is only for super rich people. 1-day tickets are, but if you know what you're doing why would you actually buys those anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

I totally understand what you are saying, I do! In John Hammond's words "I don't want to cater only to the super rich". However, business is business and if Disney deems it economically efficient to raise prices on tickets every year because there will be a population who attends regardless, then by all means they should follow through. This is coming from a guy who desperately wants an annual pass (I live in LA and can't afford one for DL). If anything, it shows how much the company is able to attract people for vacation. I think as locals, we sometimes lose track of the idea that many lower-middle and middle class families will splurge and do a one-time vacation to Orlando. Most people who I know that are now in there 20's have told me that they've only been to Orlando once or twice. If anything, I think the prices make it harder for the locals than the out-of-towners and I think most of the locals will pay regardless. For the few that dropout, Disney will recover from the increase.

You're spot-on...tourists aren't gonna bat an eye at small incremental increases over every couple of years, they're taking the trip of a lifetime they're gonna spend what they have to. Not to mention they'll be more attracted to multi-day tickets now which is good for hotel stays and in-park revenue. The locals and out-of-town frequent visitors that the parks care about are really not gonna be too affected by this either--the park wants locals to be annual passholders, and annual passholders don't care about the cost of a 1-day ticket. Mountains out of molehills IMO.

Thanks for posting this BriMan!! We are buying the ticket package for June-ish and this probably would have impacted us, going to purchase it now instead of waiting any longer.

I thought Disney got rid of the Florida Resident rates awhile ago. We have the occasional special ticket package I mentioned above and maybe some minor discounts on APs but that's it. I feel that Disney really stopped caring much about us locals quite a while ago.

Eh, Disney has a 3-day ticket for FL residents right now for $130. So as long as you find the deals..

Actually there are THOUSANDS of guests who just walk up and buy tickets each day at all the theme parks. There will always be people who pay full price for not planning ahead or doing research.

Actually there are THOUSANDS of guests who just walk up and buy tickets each day at all the theme parks. There will always be people who pay full price for not planning ahead or doing research.

Yeah but the point is those are the people that will pay any amount of money no matter what. Typically it seems to be that if you don't know any better it's because you're a tourist and you've travelled so far/saved for so long that a <$10 ticket increase won't make much of a difference to you.

Yeah but the point is those are the people that will pay any amount of money no matter what. Typically it seems to be that if you don't know any better it's because you're a tourist and you've travelled so far/saved for so long that a <$10 ticket increase won't make much of a difference to you.

You worded it better than I did haha...that's more or less what I was talking about