Disney Raises Ticket Prices for 2015 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Raises Ticket Prices for 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, does anyone think ticket prices for the Orlando Parks will ever stop climbing? Or, when do you think people are going to say "enough is enough". I've always been under the assumption that Disney could build a handful of Magic Kingdoms from scratch and only put a dent in their pocket books with the amount of money that have.

So, does anyone think ticket prices for the Orlando Parks will ever stop climbing? Or, when do you think people are going to say "enough is enough". I've always been under the assumption that Disney could build a handful of Magic Kingdoms from scratch and only put a dent in their pocket books with the amount of money that have.

I guess when Disney stops being a relevant piece of pop culture...until then...expect it to increase

I do know if Disney continues to idle they will have a generation of "well we've done it before" people on their hands which could be detrimental...but currently it appears their parks are receiving some new things

Higher prices are possible because they are no longer capped out by the "American middle class", there's enough people in the global "upper middle class" and above that they can raise prices at the expense of the bottom people who used to be able to afford to go. Remember, the Chinese "1%" consists of 14 million people. Why charge 50 bucks and get a bunch of "poor" people come in, when you can reach capacity at 100 bucks, and the people coming in will tend to be looser with their cash inside the park?

Also, and this is complete guesswork here, I'm guessing that those rich foreigners coming in will be far more likely to stay on-site than the previous middle-classes.

They won't stop rising anytime in the near future. For European and South American visitors, an Orlando vacation is still a relatively cheap vacation, and considering that's Disney's bread and butter they're not gonna care about maxing anyone out but them. The crazy thing too is that even domestic visitors are still paying these prices no problem and locals are still buying annual passes. The 1-day ticket price increases are really just a way to squeeze out a few more bucks from international visitors that don't know any better/don't care. It'll be a longggg time (in my opinion) before ticket rates remain steady.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They won't stop rising anytime in the near future. For European and South American visitors, an Orlando vacation is still a relatively cheap vacation, and considering that's Disney's bread and butter they're not gonna care about maxing anyone out but them. The crazy thing too is that even domestic visitors are still paying these prices no problem and locals are still buying annual passes. The 1-day ticket price increases are really just a way to squeeze out a few more bucks from international visitors that don't know any better/don't care. It'll be a longggg time (in my opinion) before ticket rates remain steady.
Exactly...the one day changes all the time..other stuff not so much..

The price gap between the Magic Kingdom and the other parks widened from $5 to $8. This is more of an admission that AK, Epcot, and DHS are not on the same level as the Magic Kingdom.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying $105 for a one day ticket if I didn't have to wait in long lines and in the heat.