Disaster rehab soon? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Disaster rehab soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Operationally that's a good idea. That plaza can hold a ton more people and get them in and out faster. But to me the quality of the entertainment would suffer. The performers would be so far away, and hard to keep up with. And the shows are a nice break from standing in lines.

I guess I missed the part where the Fear Factor stadium was being removed?

Can't they move the queue elsewhere... backstage, into the streets or something? On the other hand, why are we worrying about this right now... this is something that will be addressed in 2015, right?

Well, the queues are also backstage. The queues for HHN are huge haha.

And yes, it's not something they have to worry about this year. Just something to discuss as we move forward

You see those line for butterbeer ice cream and Gringott bank notes? That is where its coming from :rofl:

This is what's going on right now:

counting.gif

...and that's why its good to be a Universal fan...it feels like we're directly investing in the parks by buying merchandise, etc. because we're seeing results quickly.

WDW on the other hand....:fist:

Reactions: natespf
Because ET is a classic, and Animal actors, if I had to guess, is because it may be the last amphitheater left in the parks soon
Which isn't a good thing as far as i'm concerned. I love a great ride as much as the next guy and will be thrilled to ride a Iron Man Coaster or see a Ministry of Magic walkthrough, but people need a break every once in awhile.

Universal has turned into a resort that has you running from high paced ride to high paced ride with little room to enjoy attractions at a slower speed.

A well rounded resort needs great shows and entertainment on top of great rides. I'd argue Universal only has about 1.5 out of those 3 things. They have great rides and their street entertainment can be great, but their parade and nighttime show are both underwhelming and they don't have any shows that i'd consider to be of high caliber. If shows like FotLK, Aladdin and Nemo were at Uni, you guys would be praising the hell out of them. ANY theme park needs a good people-eating show that people WANT to see.

Point being, You can't just replace everything with rides. A good 30-45 minute show helps just as much, if not more than a ride, with getting people to stay longer in the park.

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf
Couldn't they do it in the concert shell in front of HRRR and make it a standup event?

Would also the graphic nature of the show play a part on where it goes? They make it a point to let everyone know its not a Day in the Park with Barney show but if it was out in the open would they have to be a little less risque and a little more censored perhaps? Also couldn't they do a set up like Fallon and have Bill and Ted in a sound stage of they really wanted to?

Which isn't a good thing as far as i'm concerned. I love a great ride as much as the next guy and will be thrilled to ride a Iron Man Coaster or see a Ministry of Magic walkthrough, but people need a break every once in awhile.

Universal has turned into a resort that has you running from high paced ride to high paced ride with little room to enjoy attractions at a slower speed.

A well rounded resort needs great shows and entertainment on top of great rides. I'd argue Universal only has about 1.5 out of those 3 things. They have great rides and their street entertainment can be great, but their parade and nighttime show are both underwhelming and they don't have any shows that i'd consider to be of high caliber. If shows like FotLK, Aladdin and Nemo were at Uni, you guys would be praising the hell out of them. ANY theme park needs a good people-eating show that people WANT to see.

Point being, You can't just replace everything with rides. A good 30-45 minute show helps just as much, if not more than a ride, with getting people to stay longer in the park.

1) I'll leave night shows and parades out of this, because it's a seperate situation they've at least started to improve on.

2) DAK is the only WDW park that has stage shows worth a damn, so let's not act like WDW has a plethora of great live stage entertainment. Those 2 shows are amazing, but they're in the same park.

3) Universal parks are not Disney parks. They never were, they never will be. They just don't do stage shows well, as evident by the even worse new Beetlejuice show. They don't have the land to waste on trying and failing at what they don't do well. Replace weakness with strength, and improve your parks.

Besides, I guarantee a Ministry of Magic area would get people to stay in the parks longer than a stage show.

You can't really leave out parades and night shows and have a real arguement. Even then Disney has pretty much non-stop live entertainment and street performances through out the day. Magic Kingdom almost has TOO much.

You can't really leave out parades and night shows and have a real arguement. Even then Disney has pretty much non-stop live entertainment and street performances through out the day. Magic Kingdom almost has TOO much.

Yes, I can. Because the discussion was about stage shows, not to mention Universal has made steps in improving its night show/parade set up. It's not the best show, but running Cinespec every night (barring special events) is a big deal for the resort after a decade+ of running it randomly. And just having a parade is a big deal. They're also looking in to how to make both better.

USF has great street performances, and a ton, which NBT posted in his original post. IoA is weak, but hopefully that will eventually come.

At Disney pretty much everything is a show. They've pretty much made a schedule that revolves around non stop streetmosphere and I personally hate it. How many times have you walked out of a ride and a dumbass party is just outside waiting for you? Just obnoxious and pointless for anybody above the age of 6. I'm glad universal is the ride park, More rides the merrier for me. Besides the superstar parade (not it's fault along with every parade) no show really gets in the way of anything I'm doing and you have to love all the shows in the Hollywood area. Sure there could be more but I'm not really begging for more

The goal of Comcast is to expand the market not keep it niche...making it just a rides park is what allows people to consider Uni to be just like Six Flags. Parades they can do without but they definitely need good stage shows and fanbois to stop making excuses on why they can't make a good stage show. They can do it but they are way too complacent to hire the right people.

So back on topic...

I hear Disaster has been having ride evacuations daily. It's a shame to hear the ride is doing so badly and only reinforces how soon this classic will be gone:embarassed:

If they replace anything in the park I would want it to be disaster first. I've said it before but I feel like the ride takes way to long and when I'm off I feel like I have wasted time I coulda done something else.