Disaster rehab soon? | Inside Universal Forums

Disaster rehab soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
I've heard from a few sources that Disaster will be getting some love soon. No word though on a date or the extent of the rehab.

I hope this is a good sign of them staying on top of a new attraction making sure it does not get too bad by keeping healthy upkeep. Then again I hope we don't lose anything.

This is peculiar honestly. They're probably just sprucing up the Subway area as the Mardi Gras/Summer season nears.

Seth Rogan...lmao.

I can imagine him with his weird laugh.
"Oh look at all that water flowing through guys, hope you all can swim hehehehehe."

I know a manager (I keep it at that thus to keep the manager safe) trying to poke info off but what I'm told 3 months down and it may be a referb or they might can the whole thing

I can see how this attraction is going to becom quickly dated if Christopher Walken passes away(he is not ancient, but not young either) and also dates faster because you have the celeb novelty between he and the rock in the films but that is just the game you play with that in an attraction.

Three months is very soon to close something that just opened. I don't buy it.

And if it would change or close it would be due to budget wth running entertainment actors to lead and mantaining all the eyeliner screen/earthquake ride system. That would be a shame and an all new low.

If anything refurbs that are needed should be going down and after Potter that and getting a show worth watching to replace Fear Factor should be a priority.

Again though. Three months closing completely? Don't see that happening.

Last edited:
yeah i can see it I used to worek at that ride the subway needs alot of work it breaks down alot, but i know they have already made their choice on what to do I just can't get anyone to say it... If they close it to replace it... my guess it they would replace the whole building....

At the same time I don't understand why they would close it now when they have so much empty space in the park already

I can buy the upgrade of the subway segment. I can also kind of buy the new film to replace Dwayne Johnson. But closing the ride indefinitely or for even three months? It doesn't make sense to me.

yeah i can see it I used to worek at that ride the subway needs alot of work it breaks down alot, but i know they have already made their choice on what to do I just can't get anyone to say it... If they close it to replace it... my guess it they would replace the whole building....

At the same time I don't understand why they would close it now when they have so much empty space in the park already

Are you referring party to the subway that comes out of the opposite tunnel and appears to derail? It always seems to be being worked on outside quite a bit in the mantainence area and I have seen it missing one one or two occasions.

I would be a shame for them to just drop a few effects like those completely. And all that time they had while changing the other areas into Disaster I figured those effects got a lot of tweaking and attention.

Are you referring party to the subway that comes out of the opposite tunnel and appears to derail? It always seems to be being worked on outside quite a bit in the mantainence area and I have seen it missing one one or two occasions.

I would be a shame for them to just drop a few effects like those completely. And all that time they had while changing the other areas into Disaster I figured those effects got a lot of tweaking and attention.

yeah it breaks alot when I was there in 08 we had the train pulled almost everynight to be fixed

i know they have already made their choice on what to do I just can't get anyone to say it... If they close it to replace it... my guess it they would replace the whole building....
You think they are getting rid of disaster? What would they possibly replace it with that would fit San Fran?