CityWalk Expansion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
It's coming along well. I'm really glad they're building this, even though I'm not a huge sports fan. There's a big need for a sports bar/grill on property, and it's good business for Comcast.

And that balcony has to have one of the best views at the resort. If the food is good, I'll be a frequent visitor.

It's coming along well. I'm really glad they're building this, even though I'm not a huge sports fan. There's a big need for a sports bar/grill on property, and it's good business for Comcast.

And that balcony has to have one of the best views at the resort. If the food is good, I'll be a frequent visitor.

I don't drink Alcohol . So I don't tend to venture to city walks other venues because that is really all they cater too and I rather not be around that crowd. My reason for being excited for this is the whole Sports bar concept. Many people don't like NBA city, but this will suffice if NBA city is leaving. For me anyway.

I don't drink Alcohol . So I don't tend to venture to city walks other venues because that is really all they cater too and I rather not be around that crowd. My reason for being excited for this is the whole Sports bar concept. Many people don't like NBA city, but this will suffice if NBA city is leaving. For me anyway.

I would assume that NBA City is leaving with this going in. It made sense having NBA City and NASCAR Cafe back then, but now with this? Probably not. To be honest, that side of CityWalk is awkward as is. I don't see Hard Rock Cafe/Live leaving anytime soon, but that NBA City location has been bad from the start.

I would assume that NBA City is leaving with this going in. It made sense having NBA City and NASCAR Cafe back then, but now with this? Probably not. To be honest, that side of CityWalk is awkward as is. I don't see Hard Rock Cafe/Live leaving anytime soon, but that NBA City location has been bad from the start.
I heard it was on it's way out once they got the East/Southeast side of City walk all glamoured up. But I agree. They need to bring that side of city walk up to par. Would be nice if they could put an upscale boutique hotel at city walk somewhere with views of the Water and theme park! I'm sure some people would pay for it.

So we know a "brewery" is coming to the NBCSports Grill Brewery, but does anyone have a clue who will be running the brewery? In CityWalk Hollywood Karl Strauss has a bar, so I'm just curious if it will be Strauss or some local like Florida Beer Co.

So we know a "brewery" is coming to the NBCSports Grill Brewery, but does anyone have a clue who will be running the brewery? In CityWalk Hollywood Karl Strauss has a bar, so I'm just curious if it will be Strauss or some local like Florida Beer Co.

I have to assume it will be Florida Beer Co. They make all the specialty brews for the resort, so it makes the most sense.

I would guess the same thing. Having an all-sports spot defeats the purpose of an NBA (or any single sport) establishment.

There were some rumors of a Cheesecake Factory coming to CityWalk, which died down, but then a while ago I heard it again from what I would consider a solid source. We shall see...

Anyways, regardless of rumors or possibilities, it is my opinion that whatever goes in that location needs to be more than just a restaurant or resto-bar. It is one of the least appealing pieces of real estate on property, especially now with the Hogwarts Express reducing the amount of foot traffic in that path between the parks. The Hard Rock has its name AND a concert venue, so its location doesn't hinder it as much, but I feel NBA City will be completely redundant and unappealing come NBC Sports.

Many different things could work and be popular there. One would be a Wonka place. It would have innovative and colorful food options, plus some sort of other Wonka-licious gimmick, like an all-ages playground or an interactive dining experience that would make it an entertainment destination more than just a place to eat. And you'd also have the Wonka name... Another option would be a dinner-show combo, and seeing as Cirque du Soleil has been dabbling in this type of attraction--see JOYÁ in the Riviera Maya--l think this could be another successful venture. Yes, dinner shows are risky, and we've seen more than one close in Orlando, but with Universal's location and quality, plus Cirque's prestige and quality, it's a solid option. I would be happy with either, but I'd definitely be more partial to a Cirque dinner show because I love Cirque and also because I wouldn't have to go to Disney to catch a Cirque show while there aren't any touring acts in town. I'm not sure how feasible this would be, as Disney could have some sort of exclusivity agreement with Cirque for shows in Orlando with La Nouba, but seeing as Cirque has also collaborated with Sea World in the past, maybe the dinner with show aspect could be a work-around (if there even are such restrictions). Either way, I'm pretty adamant in my position that this location should see more than just a restaurant.

I've heard Universal wanted CF, but CF had no desire to move into CW, or something along those lines.

Either way, I honestly couldn't care less about a Cheesecake Factory in CityWalk, when there's one literally down the road, 10 minutes away. And I believe CityWalk should have all unique offerings, TBH.

Either way, I honestly couldn't care less about a Cheesecake Factory in CityWalk, when there's one literally down the road, 10 minutes away. And I believe CityWalk should have all unique offerings, TBH.

Yes, unique like Marley's & Pat O'Brien's (only 2). Hope those don't get cut in a future phase.

Either way, I'm pretty adamant in my position that this location should see more than just a restaurant.

Jekyll & Hyde Club--heavily rumored for CW a few years ago--could work great in that building, with the multiple levels. Guarantee it would be packed during the month and a half of HHN, different enough to draw a crowd the rest of the year.

Jekyll & Hyde Club--heavily rumored for CW a few years ago--could work great in that building, with the multiple levels. Guarantee it would be packed during the month and a half of HHN, different enough to draw a crowd the rest of the year.

If you melded the building into the IoA/PoE aesthetic it would work even better too.

Thus why I feel it should be absorbed into Seuss Landing...

Don't think that's gonna happen. Seuss already has an expansion pad of considerable size, and NBA is situated very awkwardly right behind the Cat in the Hat showbuilding.

If you melded the building into the IoA/PoE aesthetic it would work even better too.

This is a most interesting idea, especially if it became part of IoA. It would be amazing if they had an Adventurer's Club / Club 33 type of place--except it'd be the Navigator's Club--that you could enter through Port of Entry. I'd put the entrance after you cross the bridge, though, because the area between the turnstiles and the bridge is more of a preamble than being "in" Port of Entry (if that makes any sense?). The areas are nearby to each other, though I feel like they might be a bit too far for it to work smoothly... They'd have to figure out the backstage situation and create some sort of path from PoE to NBA, which would be pretty long (see below). In a perfect world, designing this from scratch, I'd envision the entrance as a "secret" door and going through a (shorter) "hidden" corridor / passageway / tunnel to reach this exclusive club. I don't think walking an outdoor path to it would achieve the best effect, thematically speaking. Idk, but if they could make something like this concept work, it would be SWEET. (Of course, it could be the same concept, but as a stand-alone in CityWalk... I just also think something like it would fit really well into IoA and PoE.)

NBA%20Conundrum_zpsmcgeikkd.png

I just threw this together. Excuse my mad MS Paint skillz lol.

Don't think that's gonna happen. Seuss already has an expansion pad of considerable size, and NBA is situated very awkwardly right behind the Cat in the Hat showbuilding.

This is a most interesting idea, especially if it became part of IoA. It would be amazing if they had an Adventurer's Club / Club 33 type of place--except it'd be the Navigator's Club--that you could enter through Port of Entry. I'd put the entrance after you cross the bridge, though, because the area between the turnstiles and the bridge is more of a preamble than being "in" Port of Entry (if that makes any sense?). The areas are nearby to each other, though I feel like they might be a bit too far for it to work smoothly... They'd have to figure out the backstage situation and create some sort of path from PoE to NBA, which would be pretty long (see below). In a perfect world, designing this from scratch, I'd envision the entrance as a "secret" door and going through a (shorter) "hidden" corridor / passageway / tunnel to reach this exclusive club. I don't think walking an outdoor path to it would achieve the best effect, thematically speaking. Idk, but if they could make something like this concept work, it would be SWEET. (Of course, it could be the same concept, but as a stand-alone in CityWalk... I just also think something like it would fit really well into IoA and PoE.)

I just threw this together. Excuse my mad MS Paint skillz lol.
True

And I like the idea you guys have of a PoE sort of themed AC type club. With a entrance to it sort of like the one to Blue Man and hard Rock, but much more themed. Possibly like walking through a cave type of setting with the pathway being lit by faux-fire torch lights or something like that. It would lead directly to the club with an entrance from the side as you outlined (i'd say more towards the front than you put it though so to not mess with kitchen/bar facilities)

Another option would be a dinner-show combo, and seeing as Cirque du Soleil has been dabbling in this type of attraction--see JOYÁ in the Riviera Maya--l think this could be another successful venture. Yes, dinner shows are risky, and we've seen more than one close in Orlando, but with Universal's location and quality, plus Cirque's prestige and quality, it's a solid option. I would be happy with either, but I'd definitely be more partial to a Cirque dinner show because I love Cirque and also because I wouldn't have to go to Disney to catch a Cirque show while there aren't any touring acts in town. I'm not sure how feasible this would be, as Disney could have some sort of exclusivity agreement with Cirque for shows in Orlando with La Nouba, but seeing as Cirque has also collaborated with Sea World in the past, maybe the dinner with show aspect could be a work-around (if there even are such restrictions). Either way, I'm pretty adamant in my position that this location should see more than just a restaurant.

I think a Citywalk Dinner Show could be great. Universal's answer to the Hoop-Dee-Doo.

HowHow about Fileas Fogg's World Bistro. With Passepartout's on the waters edge. Passepartout's would be a Chinese Junk that serves drinks and finger food like pork buns. Pileas Fogg's World Bistro would look like an English Manner house facade but between the Bistro and IOA would be a large fanciful dirigible. Inside the Bistro would be very Edwardian with a bazillion artifacts from around the world. They would serve dishes from all over the world too.

Last edited: