CityWalk Expansion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I'd imagine there'd be all kinds of rights issues, but I'd love to see the Moulin Rouge. Windmill turning across the water, would certainly draw people in. A cabaret-vaudeville-burlesque (as in actual burlesque, not strippers trying to make their job sound classy) venue.

Comcast would just need to use some of that substantial lobbying power to get real absinthe legal.

I'd imagine there'd be all kinds of rights issues, but I'd love to see the Moulin Rouge. Windmill turning across the water, would certainly draw people in. A cabaret-vaudeville-burlesque (as in actual burlesque, not strippers trying to make their job sound classy) venue.

I would love this IF both guys and girls were performing. I want some Chippendales in Orlando pronto.

(No exclusively-guy/girl crap either; something for all sexualities to enjoy.)

Chippendales would be basically the opposite of what I'm talking about and pretty much a disaster for CityWalk. The fact that people now immediately associate burlesque with stripping annoys the hell out of me.

More along the lines of the Rockettes. Dancing numbers like the Can Can. Even borrow directly from the film - El Tango de Roxanne. Mix it with similar genres - have a Sally Bowles type singing Cabaret. You could even kick the whole evening off with someone singing Wilkommen. That sort of thing.

I'm... just talking about the dudes. :lol:

Inherently, however, burlesque is tastefully seductive theatre. I'm with you, I just want pretty people of all genders. A cabaret performance would really bump this up to dinner theatre quality.

I would love to see a Food Loop like in Europa Park for City Walk. (CHECK OUT YOU TUBE) It is awesome .What a great novelty it would be and the food can be great.

I think that confirms it, the Disney announcement including a restaurant/gift shop makes me think NBA City is done. The "experience" does sound interesting, being put in the game action with interactive experiences.

I wonder if NBA knew they were out and went to Disney with a proposal, or this had anything to do with the supposed negotiations between Disney and Uni?

Agree 100%. They probably knew they were not favored, heard the rumors of a replacement for them, saw NASCAR close, and then started shopping around Orlando. Says more about NBA than Disney or Universal.

Agree 100%. They probably knew they were not favored, heard the rumors of a replacement for them, saw NASCAR close, and then started shopping around Orlando. Says more about NBA than Disney or Universal.
Shows that NBA is pretty savvy. They've managed to sucker the two big players in Orlando. At least Universal smartened up!