Bands, Brew & BBQ 2016 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Bands, Brew & BBQ 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, now I understand. I didn't know if classic bands were more or less desirable than newer artists to those attending. The only experience I've had with any of the Central Florida theme parks in relation to festival bands is a couple of bands at Epcot F&G. I was real disappointed that the shows were just 30-45 minutes long. Way too short, and not worth the effort of getting a seat & waiting for them to play.

Universal and Sea World sets are full shows.

Reactions: Mad Dog
:lol:

McReery is an American Idol winner who's managed a decent Country music career.

DeYoung - Former lead singer and founder of Styx.

That explains it, I don't watch American Idol and I hate Country Music. I know styx, but I would have no clue who was in the band or any band for that matter.

I could maybe name one backstreet boy, actually nope, can't think of a single one right now. One or two Beatles. Hey I can name one member of the Steve Miller band lol Seriously I don't get into a single band enough to care to remember their names. Nor can I over half the time identify a band by just listening to their music. There is probably maybe 5 or 6 bands I could do that too. I listen to music and like some Genre's, but I am not a music nut. But you can say the same for actors and actresses with me. I can identify very few real names of actors or actresses when watching TV or movies. I am not a TMZ junkie by any means.

Ugh, I really want to go see Foreigner, but SW's silly 4pm concert times means there's no way I'll make it. I really can't believe they don't put these at the end of the day to keep people through closing.

Ugh, I really want to go see Foreigner, but SW's silly 4pm concert times means there's no way I'll make it. I really can't believe they don't put these at the end of the day to keep people through closing.
I think I see why they are at 4pm though.
1. It gets people to arrive earlier than they would if it was later and so they spend more on food.
2. People who would have skipped the SeaWorld concert because of a later Mardi Gras concert can now see both and the Mardi Gras Parade, so SeaWorld gets more guests than otherwise. (This was me on Saturday btw.)
3. The darker it is the cheaper the concert looks because the more noticeable the lack of real stage lights is.

Thinking about going since I have a season pass from the black Friday deal. Do these get crowded or just around the concert area/time? are the reserved seats for 9 bucks worth it? Anyone there last year want to give some input what they thought of the event?

Thinking about going since I have a season pass from the black Friday deal. Do these get crowded or just around the concert area/time? are the reserved seats for 9 bucks worth it? Anyone there last year want to give some input what they thought of the event?
I wouldn't get the reserved seats because most of the seats aren't half bad and I doubt the whole stadium fills. It's pretty big. Also, they get crowded in the festival area around an hour before the concert till an hour after. The rest of the park is just as full as normal for the off-season. Keep in mind I only know this from the one time I went to see Smash Mouth.

Depends on the act, really. It's not crazy like Mardi Gras, but it would be wise to do some planning ahead to get a decent seat.