Bands, Brew & BBQ 2016 | Inside Universal Forums

Bands, Brew & BBQ 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando’s Bands, Brew & BBQ festival is getting ready to kick-off. Dates are every Saturday and Sunday, February 13 through March 6. Concert line-up yet to be released. We will post as soon as it's released.

SeaWorld Orlando’s Bands, Brew & BBQ festival is getting ready to kick-off. Dates are every Saturday and Sunday, February 13 through March 6. Concert line-up yet to be released. We will post as soon as it's released.

Meaning we'll not get ahead of ourselves on those entertainers names because of the online OJW nonsense.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yes, the bands were getting a lot of crap from PETA supporters and so they started announcing the acts the week of so that there wasn't enough time for PETA to give the bands bad press. I remember some acts pulled out because of the pressure they were getting.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yes, the bands were getting a lot of crap from PETA supporters and so they started announcing the acts the week of so that there wasn't enough time for PETA to give the bands bad press. I remember some acts pulled out because of the pressure they were getting.
That was the year of blackfish backlash.... everyone pulled out and they had to rush to find people to replace them. I'm pretty sure that was 2014.

That was the year of blackfish backlash.... everyone pulled out and they had to rush to find people to replace them. I'm pretty sure that was 2014.

Yep. So last year they announced the bands the week before to prevent a repeat. I guess it worked, because it seems they are doing the same this year.

They didn't give much lead time on announcements for performers last year either so as to give the OJWs less time to whine of the facepages.

Wow. Those are the types of acts i'd expect to see at Epcot for the F&G or F&W concert series'.

OK, now I understand. I didn't know if classic bands were more or less desirable than newer artists to those attending. The only experience I've had with any of the Central Florida theme parks in relation to festival bands is a couple of bands at Epcot F&G. I was real disappointed that the shows were just 30-45 minutes long. Way too short, and not worth the effort of getting a seat & waiting for them to play.