Annual Pass Benefits | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Annual Pass Benefits

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The benefits that would be useful is what Six Flags Magic Mountain is doing. They have the food dining pass which gets you free food all season long, and only available Lunch and Dinner only. USH should do that.

The benefits that would be useful is what Six Flags Magic Mountain is doing. They have the food dining pass which gets you free food all season long, and only available Lunch and Dinner only. USH should do that.
The price for that is $100 and eating at Citywalk would just be cheaper if you ask me. If they had a lower price that would be nice though.

Well, there's always going to be a catch. I'll give it a try if they introduce it again, but I'm usually fine with an empty stomach at the park. Theme park food has never been particularly great, but eating desserts every 30 minutes or so sounds good.

Well, there's always going to be a catch. I'll give it a try if they introduce it again, but I'm usually fine with an empty stomach at the park. Theme park food has never been particularly great, but eating desserts every 30 minutes or so sounds good.
Oh I know! And the desserts are quite small but when I had the pass they would let me take more than one since I would have ended up just getting in line again.

I have no complaints here. I get my annual passes for a bargain! I do a ton of business with the Universal Backlot divisions (post production, production, sound, digital). Every year in January, the backlot employees get a major discount on the USH Annual passes at there employee backlot store. I got my annual passes last year for $38.00. This year it's $40.00. Can't beat that. We get great use out of them as well. :)
Your passes don't include parking, front of the line tour access, and discounts on merchandise right?

I see greedy Universal raised the Premium Pass again this year from $159 to $179 to now $189.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
I would like to see another tier created for more premium options.  I would be willing, with help, to put together a petition to send to USH about new options for the Annual Pass and make options more similar to what Orlando offers.  I know we do not have 2 parks, but I would like to see an Ultimate Pass which offers unlimited Valet Parking and one night of HHN of your choice for free.  I would pay $250+ for something like that!

If you want to inflict change, use your wallet. Petitions won't change anything - especially for such a large company like Universal. Sorry, but that's the truth.

I would like to see another tier created for more premium options. I would be willing, with help, to put together a petition to send to USH about new options for the Annual Pass and make options more similar to what Orlando offers. I know we do not have 2 parks, but I would like to see an Ultimate Pass which offers unlimited Valet Parking and one night of HHN of your choice for free. I would pay $250+ for something like that!
I'd love to contribute ideas for a new pass and sign it! I'd totally pay more if there was a more premier pass with more features, more perks, and more incentives for diehard fans!In addition to the things you listed, here are a few of the things I'd want included:

More FOTL privileges (not unlimited but at LEAST once per ride per visit or something similar to make it more realistic)

Heavily discounted VIP Studio Tour (I don't care about touring the actual park with a guide and getting unlimited FOTL, but I DO want to take a VIP Studio Tour. Universal really needs to offer that discounted VIP studio tour special that they had for APs back in 2009 or so for around $70-80 or so. If they had a special VIP Studio Tour at a heavily discounted price, between $40-70 or so, I'd definitely do it a few times a year if I could!

Free parking all day/night, not just until 5PM.

Special parties or events and merchandise.

And if possible, an AP newsletter or some sort of way to keep in touch with its fans about updates at USH, because unlike Disney, USH doesn't even acknowledge that they have diehard fans.

Here's a big one that I'm sure you'll appreciate Chris:

MORE PREMIUM DESIGNED ANNUAL PASS.

No more flimsy and cheap paper annual pass ticket, especially for this new top tier of the pass. It would be either large and similar in look to the old APs from the early 2000s and the current VIP/FOTL plastic passes, or just make them credit card sized hard plastic passes like what Disney's APs look like. If we're shelling out THAT much cash, they can damn well afford to spend a few more PENNIES and make the annual passes sturdier and better.

I don't see why Universal WOULDN'T listen to us. We're suggesting a MORE expensive pass!

Reactions: Krusty
It will take a very well written and proof positive effort to create something and submit it.  Not sure if I have the time to put into that, but I would be willing to help keep the document grounded.  It would of course be information that would suggest to Universal as to why these options would be a great investment to their company.

I don't see why Universal WOULDN'T listen to us. We're suggesting a MORE expensive pass!
Because they'll be creating a backlog for existing Front of Line and VIP Experience holders. Universal has an incentive to sell both tickets...no way they're going to offer any of those benefits to annual pass holders and not have it create massive strain for the existing Front of Line system.

I think the current benefits are quite fair. If you're looking for more, buy the VIP Experience. It's as simple as that. We're not entitled to Front of Line, special parties or what have you just because we're pass holders. Starting a petition to get these benefits is ridiculous quite frankly, and it'll only make Universal more apprehensive of the fan base.

If someone wants to start a petition, that's their right. But it won't be associated with this site.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all and I never said we're entitled to anything as annual pass members. They're OFFERED PERKS that we would PAY for. We'd be PAYING for it. And it'd be expensive, so the majority of pass holders wouldn't be able to afford it or think it's worth it. And I dont think it would affect the FOTL system at all if in any kind of way to cause a strain, especially if it has its heavy restrictions, such as only being admitted into FOTL once per ride per visit or perhaps during a certain time frame.

Just because you personally think it's ridiculous or wouldn't want it, doesn't mean others wouldn't see a benefit to it if they have the money and Universal was interested. It's just like someone who usually only gets the cheapest annual pass with blackout dates to have something negative against the Premium Star Pass. You don't like it or can't afford it or don't think it's worth it, don't get it.

And this would be for annual pass members who are huge fans. Who come often. I don't see how this would affect those who get FOTL or VIP passes anyway, considering those are usually out of towners or tourists who come for one or two days. Let's be honest, how many crazy USH fans do we have in California? Probably a very tiny amount, ESPECIALLY compared to Disney fans. And if you make the pass expensive enough (over $250), then it will definitely not affect the infrastructure. I just dont think there are enough crazy fans to cause issues, but there might be JUST enough to offer the ultra pass anyway!

And annual pass members already have an advantage over regular guests considering a one day ticket costs as much as some of the annual passes.

The tickets would be for two different crowd types Jon.

You dont see me complaining about the existence of Disney's Premier Pass which gives access to Disneyland Resort AND Walt Disney World just because I dont see a need in using it. There's a saying I grew up with:

Every item has its buyers.

Besides, Universal Orlando has a similar type pass that allows limited FOTL if im not mistaken.

Universal should be thankful that it has such dedicated fans on both coasts.

They'd be ridiculous to be apprehensive of their fan base right now, in such a pivotal point in the theme parks' history. We're nowhere as nuts as some Disney fans. I see nothing wrong with making a petition for Universal to think about creating a higher tiered pass. ESPECIALLY if, like Chris said, it's well worded and includes the right stuff.

Petition doesn't always equal negativity...

Just because you personally think it's ridiculous or wouldn't want it, doesn't mean others wouldn't see a benefit to it if they have the money and Universal was interested. It's just like someone who usually only gets the cheapest annual pass with blackout dates to have something negative against the Premium Star Pass. You don't like it or can't afford it or don't think it's worth it, don't get it.
I never said the ideas themselves were ridiculous. Please read my post again.

You dont see me complaining about the existence of Disney's Premier Pass which gives access to Disneyland Resort AND Walt Disney World just because I dont see a need in using it. There's a saying I grew up with:

Every item has its buyers.
Again, you're missing my point.

Universal should be thankful that it has such dedicated fans on both coasts.

They'd be ridiculous to be apprehensive of their fan base right now, in such a pivotal point in the theme parks' history. We're nowhere as nuts as some Disney fans. I see nothing wrong with making a petition for Universal to think about creating a higher tiered pass. ESPECIALLY if, like Chris said, it's well worded and includes the right stuff.

Petition doesn't always equal negativity...
No, Universal has every right to be apprehensive about their fans. Some theme park fans are just obsessive, plain and simple.

Again, Universal is in the business of making a profit. I get that some of us (myself included) enjoy the place more than others, but there needs to be a moment in which we step back and look at our actions from a rational perspective. I'm sorry, but petitioning a theme park for additional annual pass benefits just doesn't seem right. A niche audience that doesn't even make up one percent of Universal's annual attendance petitioning for additional perks seems really insignificant and downright petty. Petitions are meant to inflict significant and monumental change - not to get additional perks from a theme park.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't contact Universal with our feedback (in fact, I encourage you to go to their website to voice your concerns: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/contact-us/), but I am saying that collective action like the one proposed is really just a waste of time. Corporations like Universal view this sort of thing with contempt, and it'll further marginalize the fan community.

Again, I like discussing what should be added to the annual pass roster (hell, I created this topic, didn't I?), but I do not condone petitions or collective action. That's just unneeded and it doesn't bode well for the perception of this site.

I'm sorry you disagree, but I need to maintain what I perceive to be a respectable reputation that this site can be proud of, and I do not want that type of activity discussed on the forums.

You missed my point entirely as well.

Also, smart companies who want to make a profit take advantage of their crazy fan bases. Be it movies, tv shows, bands, merchandise, or theme parks. That's why you have limited edition merchandise, events, etc. Same thing should happen with Universal. They should take advantage of the crazy fans, just like the rest of the industry. Hell, make there a limit to how many "premier" USH passes they can sell and make a waiting list. I'm sure people like Chris and I would join.

I dont see how it would make Universal annoyed at us if we SUGGEST something and just simply vocalize that we as super fans "wouldn't mind" a more expensive/exclusive pass.

Also, you make it seem as if I want all those benefits added to the CURRENT pass. That'd be selfish. I meant make a more expensive and exclusive pass...

And again, guess what: Universal Orlando Resort offers something very similar. Which would be a fantastic argument to give USH. If Universal Orlando and both Disney resorts offer something super premium, so can USH. SO...I don't see whats so taboo. But ok, I wont discuss it any longer on here.

It does sound very promising and I think that now is the time to make some arguments, but if anything like this were to take form, we would need lots of factual evidence and a process plan which coincides with Universal's future growth.  I think all we could do would be to offer suggestions to Universal and let them adapt their own ideas to their current structure.  I think the form of this site is to show Universal what the fans are interested in and what they expect from Universal's experience.  We are a great fan base which would like to be available when Universal has questions for their clientele...namely, us!  I would be more than willing to be a part of survey panels and such for the Universal product.

Because they'll be creating a backlog for existing Front of Line and VIP Experience holders. Universal has an incentive to sell both tickets...no way they're going to offer any of those benefits to annual pass holders and not have it create massive strain for the existing Front of Line system.

I think the current benefits are quite fair. If you're looking for more, buy the VIP Experience. It's as simple as that. We're not entitled to Front of Line, special parties or what have you just because we're pass holders. Starting a petition to get these benefits is ridiculous quite frankly, and it'll only make Universal more apprehensive of the fan base.

If someone wants to start a petition, that's their right. But it won't be associated with this site.

I agree and disagree.

I don't think that having a more expensive premium annual pass with some sort of VIP and FOL benefits will affect the current passes. Especially if the VIP benefit is just for the Studio Tour. I'm sure a large amount of FOL buyers are not annual pass holders. With three lower priced options, I see a more expensive premium pass making good sales but not taking away from the current options. But that's just my opinion.

As for a petition, I don't think that's the best idea. I think the best way to get Universal's attention is to contact them through their official site. If enough people suggest it they may consider it. A petition is a more forceful approach to get what you want. Again, just my opinion.

I was going to argue with you that Universal shouldn't be apprehensive of their fan base, but I thought back to an event I was involved with a couple years back. I'm part of the Chuck E. Cheese fandom and someone from our Facebook group managed to leak images of the new CGI mascot before the commercials were officially released. It was meant to stay within the private group, but Chuck E. Cheese Corp. got word and wasn't very happy. And people from our group have incessantly contacted all sorts of people associated with the company, including the previous voice actor of Chuck E. Cheese, to the point they practically hate us.

It's fine to be a fan, even an obsessed fan, but don't do anything stupid. Shoving petitions in Universal's face to get what you want falls into that category, in my opinion.

We are a great fan base which would like to be available when Universal has questions for their clientele...namely, us! I would be more than willing to be a part of survey panels and such for the Universal product.
I agree! I think Universal should make surveys available for guests (and fans). I would love to participate.