Annual Pass Benefits | Inside Universal Forums

Annual Pass Benefits

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
We ask this question a lot, but given the recent price hikes in annual pass prices, what would you like to see added?

1 night free admission to HHN, FOL passes (those things they give out at Animal Actors for being part of the show), behind the scenes show after select shows, reserved seating for tree lighting show. (all for the Star Pass)

I'm not a HHN lover, but one free day to be included or at least 50% off would be nice. I'd especially love Front of the Line to be included. Not much else you need.

But like i said on Facebook, i wish Universal was running that Annual Pass member Studio Tour special they had a few years back where you took the VIP studio tour for like $80something. Basically the studio tour portion of the VIP pass which annual pass members don't need.

Also, i wish they offered the 18 month pass still

Same as universal fan hhn admission and front of line and maybe a day for pass holders only and hello I'm new to this
Hello and welcome! 

Also, i wish they offered the 18 month pass still
Not sure about you guys but I did the buy a day get a year initially and when I renewed online I got it for the same price (80$) and was able to pay it in full that day, plus they gave me 6 extra months free with no blackout dates in my free months. So if money is a factor I do highly recommend it, Really unless you plan to go on a busy holiday weekend or summer weekend, or really absolutely need the free parking (and I still recommend the train) the higher passes are a waste of money.

I have no complaints here. I get my annual passes for a bargain! I do a ton of business with the Universal Backlot divisions (post production, production, sound, digital). Every year in January, the backlot employees get a major discount on the USH Annual passes at there employee backlot store. I got my annual passes last year for $38.00. This year it's $40.00. Can't beat that. We get great use out of them as well. :)

I have no complaints here. I get my annual passes for a bargain! I do a ton of business with the Universal Backlot divisions (post production, production, sound, digital). Every year in January, the backlot employees get a major discount on the USH Annual passes at there employee backlot store. I got my annual passes last year for $38.00. This year it's $40.00. Can't beat that. We get great use out of them as well. :)
The other great benefit from purchasing on the backlot is that there are no taxes

First off, welcome everyone! Glad to see so many new (and returning) faces.

The other great benefit from purchasing on the backlot is that there are no taxes
I'm jealous. Where is this backlot store located? I have a few friends that work for NBCUniversal, so I might inquire on that.

It sure beats $170. <_<

By the way, what else do they offer?

Reactions: HHN Addict
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Miss Betty Juice" data-cid="190" data-time="1358180071"><p>

Hello and welcome! <br />

<br />

<br />

Not sure about you guys but I did the buy a day get a year initially and when I renewed online I got it for the same price (80$) and was able to pay it in full that day, plus they gave me 6 extra months free with no blackout dates in my free months. So if money is a factor I do highly recommend it, Really unless you plan to go on a busy holiday weekend or summer weekend, or really absolutely need the free parking (and I still recommend the train) the higher passes are a waste of money.</p></blockquote>

When did you last renew? Cuz Universal no longer offeres the 6 extra free months, i emailed them about it and they were like "Allen, as you know, just as all of our park attractions go through a change, so do our promotions, and we no longer offer the free 6 extra months"

It just sucks how before my Premium 18 month pass cost so much less than my current Premium 12 month $169 pass....

(although compared to my $500+ Disneyland pass, it's a bargain haha!)

$170 is kind of expensive but its better than the price for annual passes at some other parks (cough Disneyland) plus by a day get 2013 is a good deal
As far as I know, they no longer offer "buy a day, get a year free" as a promotion anymore either.

whether they offer it or not (buy a day get the year free) they should get rid of it park waaaaaaaaaaay to crowded with that if they're still gonna have it might as well bring back ALL YOU CAN EAT PASSES!

First off, welcome everyone! Glad to see so many new (and returning) faces.

I'm jealous. Where is this backlot store located? I have a few friends that work for NBCUniversal, so I might inquire on that.

It sure beats $170. <_<

By the way, what else do they offer?
The Employee backlot store is located across from the Universal BluWave division bldg (not sure the bldg number). Close by the entrance on Lankershim & James Stewart ave. Its been a year since i've been there. I will be there next week though and can give more details then. It's similar to the retail shops at USH. You can buy NBC Universal merchandise, shirts, Souvenirs, USH Tickets etc. But you have to be a NBC Universal employee to purchase from there. Yeah....when my friend found out how big of a USH fan I was he offered his discount. Each employee can buy up to six tickets. So not bad, $120 for annual passes for me, my wife, & son. That beats $1700 for Disneyland passes....lol 

The Employee backlot store is located across from the Universal BluWave division bldg (not sure the bldg number). Close by the entrance on Lankershim & James Stewart ave. Its been a year since i've been there. I will be there next week though and can give more details then. It's similar to the retail shops at USH. You can buy NBC Universal merchandise, shirts, Souvenirs, USH Tickets etc. But you have to be a NBC Universal employee to purchase from there. Yeah....when my friend found out how big of a USH fan I was he offered his discount. Each employee can buy up to six tickets. So not bad, $120 for annual passes for me, my wife, & son. That beats $1700 for Disneyland passes....lol 
just got an update from my buddy. The employee backlot store is on the corner of Main St and Ella Fitzgerald ave.