An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The buzz on Twitter is that Steve Burke reiterated his plan to announce an attraction every year at Hollywood and Orlando on a conference call.

I don't think this is a new development, but that's Twitter for you. What is interesting are Burke's pointed comments towards Disney. Looks like he's definitely serious about propping up Parks and Resorts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly a little of both.

But yes, the tour.
Wonderful either way :)

Hypothetically of course ;)

Although....I really hope they'll cut down on the 3D/projection attractions. I'll understand if F&F is possibly 3D, as well as having FJ have projections, but anything beyond that will be more than overkill....

I'm curious if maybe the possible Lorax ride that they're developing for Florida, or any other ride, might make it out here as well in some form?

I'd rather have a cat in the hat dark ride but I would l love it if USH had a Seuss attraction

Ok. Theres a problem to this 1 attraction every year like 2014 and possibly 2016. Theres 2 attractions opening for both those years. So mabye and this is a mabye. Springfield and the new tram attraction. I don't think they want to have springfield for 2014 but 2015 might be the expection.

Ok. Theres a problem to this 1 attraction every year like 2014 and possibly 2016. Theres 2 attractions opening for both those years. So mabye and this is a mabye. Springfield and the new tram attraction. I don't think they want to have springfield for 2014 but 2015 might be the expection.
What exactly is the problem...? I doubt "one attraction" means" ONLY one attraction per year. I see it more as "AT LEAST one attraction per year". Nothing is stopping Universal from opening more than one per year.

2013: Universal Plaza (hey, I count it as something major and new!)

2014: Minion Mayhem and Super Silly Funland

2015: Springfield micro expansion & new tram animation

2016: Wizarding World (Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, etc)

Sounds like a good lineup to me!

And with Disneyland Resort having it's 60th anniversary in 2015 and with the rumors of updated Fantasyland attractions and other new rides and shows, Universal can't afford to have nothing new in 2015 if it doesn't want to get lost in all the DL60th commotion, which WILL be big.

The park didn't celebrate the Studio's 100th anniversary in Hollywood (they did in Orlando though...) so I doubt they care about attraction anniversary dates....

With the tour being shorter, maybe next year we'll see a temporary live segment on the tour that showcases stunts, kind of like they did on Denver street when Kong was being constructed.

My guess is this:

new tour animation 2014 + new tour animation 2015 + new back lot sets

These are my guesses:

2013: Universal Plaza

2014: Tour Animation? + Springfield? + Despicable Me

2015: Tour Animation + new theme park attraction? + Springfield?

2016: WWOHP

These are my guesses:

2013: Universal Plaza

2014: Tour Animation? + Springfield? + Despicable Me

2015: Tour Animation + new theme park attraction + Springfield?

Idk why but I don't see us getting a new tour animation next year, unless they start NOW and it opens late 2014. Mind you, it does depend on how complicated it would be, and I would hope it's something high quality. To open next year, it would have had to have been planned a while ago and I'm development.

But if I'm wrong, ill be happy if it does open next year. But I REALLY doubt it. I'd rather wait a little bit and have it be high quality and ready.

I'd love for another theme park attraction to open in 2015 but with the park already being in construction mode for Potter, I don't see it getting into DCA Construction Land territory.

And besides Shrek and SES, I don't see where another new ride would go, and I don't see those leaving for a bit longer. But...we'll see.

My Guess.

2013: Nothing. (Universal Plaza is not an attraction.)
2014: Despicable Me Minion Mayhem + SuperSilly FunLand.
2015: Tour Animation + Springfield

2017: Tour Animation  (WaterWorld Closes)

2018: Tour Animation

2019: WaterWorld replacement

2020: WWOHP Part 2.

My Guess.

2013: Nothing. (Universal Plaza is not an attraction.)

2014: Despicable Me Minion Mayhem + SuperSilly FunLand.

2015: Tour Animation + Springfield

2017: Tour Animation (WaterWorld Closes)

2018: Tour Animation

2019: WaterWorld replacement

2020: WWOHP Part 2.
Universal Plaza has those water fountains! That's an attraction to me. AND it's not a simulator! It's new and fantastic and that's good enough for me ;)

And I would replace one of the tour animations with a theme park attraction. And no WWoHP 2.0...at all. (imo) ;)

It will definitely have the same, or super similar impact as it did in Orlando. But we DON'T have room for any part of Part 2, especially in a way to make it work realistically. I know, I know, "never say never", but it's simply impractical to have anything from Part 2 and have it make sense, and it would be an over saturation of Potter in our one tiny park...

But we DON'T have room for any part of Part 2, especially in a way to make it work realistically. I know, I know, "never say never", but it's simply impractical to have anything from Part 2 and have it make sense, and it would be an over saturation of Potter in our one tiny park...
Wait for phase one to come in before making definite predictions. There's still too much we don't know.