An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It will definitely have the same, or super similar impact as it did in Orlando. But we DON'T have room for any part of Part 2, especially in a way to make it work realistically. I know, I know, "never say never", but it's simply impractical to have anything from Part 2 and have it make sense, and it would be an over saturation of Potter in our one tiny park...
Falls lake...

mabye a ramp near tram that you go on hogwarts express to falls lake to go to london. might just be good for something as that could be a option if they do a potter phase II...

How exactly would a Hogwarts Express work going from the high elevation of where our Hogwarts will be, aaaaaaall the way down to Falls Lake??? That's just so impractical...and a studio tour drop off or plain pathway would NOT work, wouldn't make sense for the world of Potter, and Hogwarts Express is such a big part of Phase 2, they wouldn't leave it out. But it's highly impractical...

And why would you access a "falls lake phase 2" through CityWalk...?

Listen, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I'm excited for the extra additions in Florida, and I freaked out at the announcement of more Wizarding World movies from today's announcement. You'd think as a Potter geek i'd want a Phase 2 here, close to home. But I do NOT want to see Phase 2 over here. First off, location and layout wise I think it's highly impractical in almost every way.

Second, I don't want such a high saturation of ONE franchise in ONE little park. It works for a two park situation, that's brilliant. But bringing it over here literally will make USH

"The Harry Potter Theme Park*

(*with a few other things)"

And I don't want that...

Hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't mind park expansion into the flat Falls Lake area eventually, that'd be fantastic. But I'd rather see our limited usable land be saved for some other future franchise or attractions. Let's have variety in our little park...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
How exactly would a Hogwarts Express work going from the high elevation of where our Hogwarts will be, aaaaaaall the way down to Falls Lake???
Falls Lake is actually much higher in elevation than most of the back lot. The path of the train could be easy.

FallsLake.png

No, it wouldn't be easy... It's close in location, yes, but it is still a steep drive up from falls lake back to the studio tour dock/Gibson...next time you're on the tour, take note of that elevation difference and incline. It would feel odd being in the Hogwarts express and traveling down such a steep road down...yes, they can change the footage inside the Hogwarts express that you're "traveling down a Scottish hillside", but come on...Also, Hogsmeade Station would be in Hogsmeade, not behind Hogwarts...

I'm not saying it's impossible....but i personally think it's highly impractical, and also unnecessary.

Also, it's waaaaaay too early to even talk about this IMO. Fun to guess and dream, but I like being realistic as well :)

I really would like to see focus put somewhere else after Potter....so many other ways to enhance the park, and I'd love for Falls Lake to be eventual park expansion, but NOT for Potter...

I'm still in the no phase two camp personally...
Yay :D

Lets say that Potter phase 2 will come in 2020. If they do the attraction every year thing that would mean 2017 will bring something not Potter. 2018 will have a non Potter attraction. 2019 will get even another non Potter attraction. You end up getting a lot of non Potter additions before a second round of Potter hits.

In my opinion, Phase 2 in our park makes no sense at all. Universal Orlando Resort has more than enough reason to expand the Wizarding World due to the fact that they have 2 widespread parks, whereas we have one small one. Their layout for Phase 2 makes sense, where ours wouldn't. We simply don't have enough room in our park to let one franchise take up half of the room - we aren't a full fledged resort, and there will be several more movies in the making that have potential for a theme park experience.. I don't see why Universal would let Potter snatch that from them.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
The ratio of guests to attraction capacity is very important to theme park operations. What Potter phase one does to attendance will have a major impact on what happens to USH afterwords. If USH only gets a little bit of an attendance increase, most new additions to the park will be replacements of other attractions. If there is a giant attendance boost that results in overcrowding, the park will be forced to expand its borders in order to spread out the crowds. This could be where the Falls Lake area might come into play.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Red Carpet's prediction for the next 5 years:

2014: Despicable Me and Fast and Furious

2015: Springfield and more new additions to the Studio Tour

2016: Harry Potter

2017: Jurassic Park becomes Jurassic World

2018: Water World's replacement Edit 9-16-2013: Revenge of the Mummy's replacement