2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what coaster are you referring to at SDC?

Secondly, I would rather the new guy use his contacts at RMC to get Gwazi redone than have it go under by a bulldozer.

Like I said here before, get them to redo it. keep it dueling but one side have the inversions while the other doesn't but with max airtime.

It's not at SDC but the property they closed down in 2007 as the recession was getting underway in these parts. Five years and a solid ride till the end. Just sitting all grown up now as it borders the town's Major road. Herschend still owns the property
cci15_207.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, what coaster are you referring to at SDC?

Secondly, I would rather the new guy use his contacts at RMC to get Gwazi redone than have it go under by a bulldozer.

Like I said here before, get them to redo it. keep it dueling but one side have the inversions while the other doesn't but with max airtime.

It's not at SDC but the property they closed down in 2007 as the recession was getting underway in these parts. Five years and a solid ride till the end. Just sitting all grown up now as it borders the town's Major road. Herschend still owns the property
cci15_207.jpg

cci15_207.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I remember driving by that last time I was down there and wondering what it was.

Anyone know what the rough cost of demolishing something like Gwazi would cost?

I wish it were like RCT where you gained money for deconstructing things..besides trees

New Update from Pixelsattheparks posted within the past few days. Lots of demolition and dirt occurring. Should see Tut's Tomb being expanded within a month possibly.
http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/2015/04/05/busch-gardens-tampa-project-2016-update-3/
Montu is finally going to get a little sibling! Anyone want go guess track colors yet?

- - - Updated - - -

New Update from Pixelsattheparks posted within the past few days. Lots of demolition and dirt occurring. Should see Tut's Tomb being expanded within a month possibly.
http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/2015/04/05/busch-gardens-tampa-project-2016-update-3/
Montu is finally going to get a little sibling! Anyone want go guess track colors yet?

I was there on Wednesday, lots of work going on, sizable piece of land really, trenches have been dug though I could not see that much (as I was on Montu).
Work is being done by the former Rhino Rally as well, probably for the elephant expansion.

I was there on Wednesday, lots of work going on, sizable piece of land really, trenches have been dug though I could not see that much (as I was on Montu).
Work is being done by the former Rhino Rally as well, probably for the elephant expansion.

I imagine that will be an animal walk through like Edge of Africa..it would open up the back of the park for more expansion later

I imagine that will be an animal walk through like Edge of Africa..it would open up the back of the park for more expansion later
That would make a lot of sense...especially if they ever want to build a big coaster back that way, they will need the room!

I'm hoping this new coaster has some cool themed elements to it. I'd like to see Busch do something different.

Though there is little theming to their coasters, I like it that at least they nicely landscape the coaster area.

Yes, they do a great job of working the coasters into the environment (ShieKra, Montu, Kumba, Cheetah)...

I think we'll continue to see more theming done with newer projects though

Someone has posted pics on pixelsatthepark indeed showing Mack on these "crates". I saw it posted to TPR last night. I would share it here, but I don't want to use another forums pic, but now you know where to go to see it at least until someone here goes to get pics.

I'm expecting something akin to Hershey's new coaster..

This would be a huge step in the right direction for Busch..they need more things (besides shows and restaurants) to do when it rains

If your indicating that it will be indoors, then I completely disagree. I do agree that it will be a spinning coaster, however.
Maybe something like Sierra Sidewinder BUT with scarab beetle themed trains and a launch and lift hill!?
sidewinder.jpg

Last edited:
^ Yes, it is like that, but that is a 35 second coaster from drop to break. This coaster should be around 60 seconds from drop until break. A satisfying over 7yo family ride.

^ Yes, it is like that, but that is a 35 second coaster from drop to break. This coaster should be around 60 seconds from drop until break. A satisfying over 7yo family ride.

I'm supposed to be waiting a year for a 60 sec coaster, and we are...moving on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.