Wonder Woman 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Wonder Woman 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2012
NYC

Wonder Woman 3 is being fast-tracked Warner Bros. announced today. The news comes as the pic has amounted $85M WW after a $16.7M domestic debut.

The threequel will be written by Patty Jenkins, who is attached to direct, and starring Gal Gadot.

The pic was released on HBO Max in the states and in theaters this past weekend. The sequel was in its second weekend abroad grossing $19.4M from 42 markets. Combined with U.S./Canada, WW1984 made $36.1M.

“As fans around the world continue to embrace Diana Prince, driving the strong opening weekend performance of Wonder Woman 1984, we are excited to be able continue her story with our real life Wonder Women – Gal and Patty – who will return to conclude the long-planned theatrical trilogy,” said Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

I wonder when...my guess is 2023/2024 they still have a few DC films to come out that were announced before this.

I also wonder if WW is done after this or if they will do more films with a new director

I think the only way it goes forward is with Patti Jenkins/Gal Gadot teamed up again (they were producers and Patti was a writer of WW84).

Based on WW84 I'd say they need a new director.
New writer. Jenkins did the writing here after not doing so on the first film and I think the results speak for themselves. I watched last night and the amount of plot holes and nonsensical things in this movie is ridiculous.

I know I liked the film but seeing so many not just here but other places not like it..I wonder if this is giving Disney another headache....they just can't get a movie director for SW without something negative coming up.
I'm also down for Patty to come back to direct but get someone to write it with her...I'm sure she has tones/idea's she wants in the third film maybe she is like George Lucas and needs a Dave Filoni to translate her ideas.

I know I liked the film but seeing so many not just here but other places not like it..I wonder if this is giving Disney another headache....they just can't get a movie director for SW without something negative coming up.
I'm also down for Patty to come back to direct but get someone to write it with her...I'm sure she has tones/idea's she wants in the third film maybe she is like George Lucas and needs a Dave Filoni to translate her ideas.
Yeah, I’m fine with Patty Jenkins directing, but based on this movie, I really hope LucasFilm doesn’t allow her to write Rogue Squadron solo.

Yeah, I’m fine with Patty Jenkins directing, but based on this movie, I really hope LucasFilm doesn’t allow her to write Rogue Squadron solo.
Honestly with all they have delt with to get the series back on track I'm sure they are talking to her now....and seeing if Dave or John can help in any way.
Once again I liked the film but get it most others didn't so be on the safe side for both her next films and get another writer or at least co writer to bounce idea's off.

I wonder when...my guess is 2023/2024 they still have a few DC films to come out that were announced before this.

I also wonder if WW is done after this or if they will do more films with a new director
If Patty Jenkins is truly directing, this movie can't come out until at least 2024 in all likelihood. Jenkins is already lined up to do Cleopatra with Paramount and Rogue Squadron at Disney. Neither movie has begun filming. Cleopatra is set for release in 2022 and Rogue Squadron is set for release in 2023. There's just no way that it's possible with the schedule she currently has for WW3 to come out before 2024.

Them announcing Wonder Woman 3 today was more of an optics move. They wanted to announce a sequel as, let's be honest, they had already green lit this before the movie launched. This being fast tracked has nothing to do with the performance of WW84. This is simply them making another movie because she's a popular character.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Jenkins was on three movies a year ago. She gave up Cleopatra supposedly to work on Rogue Squadron. Now both Rogue Squadron and Wonder Woman 3 have been canned.

It cannot be overstated how much good will she had after Wonder Woman and how she essentially threw it all away with WW 1984.

With the DCEU getting a full reset under WBD, they will in all likely hood reboot Wonder Women once again. The direction they will take with the IP, we don't know yet.

I can't believe such a hot director in one film basically KO's herself....rumors are that DC asked Patty to rewrite WW84 but refused....and it did poorly then WW3 script comes in and they ask her to rewrite it because its not good and she walks away.....insane.

Like I don't get it with all the inspiration right now of Greek God stuff...she really had no cool idea's for WW3? Her lose but insane

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I can't believe such a hot director in one film basically KO's herself....rumors are that DC asked Patty to rewrite WW84 but refused....and it did poorly then WW3 script comes in and they ask her to rewrite it because its not good and she walks away.....insane.

Like I don't get it with all the inspiration right now of Greek God stuff...she really had no cool idea's for WW3? Her lose but insane

wow....i did not know....wow, what the heck? i cant believe thats what happened