Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 670 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if they will do a morning opening for Diagon alley with the effect so a "wizard" will show you into Diagon Alley at the beginning of the morning and then maybe close it at park closing. I doubt it, but would be pretty cool. Similar to Disney's opening of their parks.

I'm wondering if they will do a morning opening for Diagon alley with the effect so a "wizard" will show you into Diagon Alley at the beginning of the morning and then maybe close it at park closing. I doubt it, but would be pretty cool. Similar to Disney's opening of their parks.

This occurred to me also. It seems to be the best of both worlds, not only do you get your spectacular 'opening up' of Diagon Alley but you also avoid the crowd flow issues such an effect would create.

Whatever way they choose to do it, the fact they've decided to include it on what appears to be one of the upcoming major promotional artworks certainly implies that they intend to have this 'effect' present in some form.

I think they will run the entrance show all day long, and if they have too much of a crowd issue out by London, they can open the left door on the Wyndham's Theater as a non-show entrance, and keep the right door as the exit. Like so:

DAExits_zps9dc0e955.png

I agree with adz, the fact that it's in the promotional artwork is a good sign it will be there.

Seeeeeooooow, the supposed animatronic dragon that will be appearing in the Gringott's ride attraction. Has anyone seen the plans and diagrams for it? Can you hint to us what it will amount too? ex: will it be animatronic?, will it be full bodied?, what impressive or specific movements will it have (in detail)?, how big will it be?

Thank goodness I don't ask for much... :wave:

WOAH thats pretty awesome! In my opinion, the brick entrance will be permanently "open". As many others have been stating so far, it would just cause too much of a hassle to have a bunch of bricks move. So what I think Uni is doing is implying that these bricks will be open for the public to go through. In other words, here we see the bricks opening, in the TV ad we'll see the bricks opening with a voice over saying "Now you too can explore the Depths of Diagon Alley" or something like that to show that it's been left "open" for us muggles. Just as they did for Hogwarts Castle they could just have Jo saying that "the enchantments have been lifted". If anything, they could have this effect working for the Grand Opening with Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) paying a visit to open it himself. It could challenge what Disney did when they had that dragon flying in the sky at the opening of NFL.

Seeeeeooooow, the supposed animatronic dragon that will be appearing in the Gringott's ride attraction. Has anyone seen the plans and diagrams for it? Can you hint to us what it will amount too? ex: will it be animatronic?, will it be full bodied?, what impressive or specific movements will it have (in detail)?, how big will it be?

Thank goodness I don't ask for much... :wave:

The purported dragon atop Gringotts is the most intriguing and perplexing part of this expansion for me. I am both eager to see what they manage to do with this and fearful about how it will look if something goes wrong.

The purported dragon atop Gringotts is the most intriguing and perplexing part of this expansion for me. I am both eager to see what they manage to do with this and fearful about how it will look if something goes wrong.

From what HTF has said, it sounds as if that is an artistic embellishment only, much like the owl flying over Hogsmeade in that concept art. As we now know, there are no owls flying over Hogsmeade.

If they ever placed a dragon on top of Gringott's, then I would conclude that UC had really, "jumped the shark".

From what HTF has said, it sounds as if that is an artistic embellishment only, much like the owl flying over Hogsmeade in that concept art. As we now know, there are no owls flying over Hogsmeade.

If they ever placed a dragon on top of Gringott's, then I would conclude that UC had really, "jumped the shark".

Well, that makes a whole lot more sense!

I really really hope you're right about the dragon/owl comparison but I thought the general consensus was that the dragon is actually going to appear and breath actual fire?

Attended the Career Showcase in 33 on Tuesday morning. Nothing special to note, even at the Diagon table. They were handing out the official announcement made by Uni for the TM's as to, "let people know what's REALLY being built, not all those other rumors you might here." Heh.

They also handed out super nice high-res, high quality prints with the picture of the Diagon entrance on it (the brick opening). I'll take a photo if it helps anyone who wants it as a background. Might not be the clearest but iPhones do some pictures justice.

Oh and they've started the hiring process.

Please take a pic, Floridakid! So I may or may not know the model who was chosen to do a secret photo shoot of all the new Diagon Alley costumes for J.K. Rowling's approval...... he may or may not have said that they were all very awesome... dats all i gots.

Reactions: badlactose
attended the career showcase in 33 on tuesday morning. Nothing special to note, even at the diagon table. They were handing out the official announcement made by uni for the tm's as to, "let people know what's really being built, not all those other rumors you might here." heh.

They also handed out super nice high-res, high quality prints with the picture of the diagon entrance on it (the brick opening). I'll take a photo if it helps anyone who wants it as a background. Might not be the clearest but iphones do some pictures justice.

Oh and they've started the hiring process.

please post.

I haven't seen this posted here yet. It's from a few days ago and was filmed on 9/20. Shows some details on Wyndham's Theatre and a look at some arches being built inside Kings Cross.

[video=youtube;5n7HHObLc-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n7HHObLc-Y[/video]

FYI, another youtube user posted an over-the-wall video, which I figured I probably shouldn't post here. But it shows some interesting views of things at ground level.

FYI, another youtube user posted an over-the-wall video, which I figured I probably shouldn't post here. But it shows some interesting views of things at ground level.

Technically, if he took those photos by just holding his camera up to a point where it can see over the wall, then i think it would be fine to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.