What are your Top Eateries at UOR? | Inside Universal Forums

What are your Top Eateries at UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 2, 2012
Since the food landscape has changed so dramatically at UOR I was wondering what people would recommend as the can't miss eateries (between both parks and CityWalk)? Both in terms of quality and experience (ie. the food may be lacking/ok at "X", but would recommend it anyways to a first time Potter fan as a "must" experience)?

Also asking for myself too as I feel only familiar with a lot of the new developments (not an Orlando local), so wanted to collect some general opinions and advice. I realize we're a bit early on making a Cow-fish call, but unless it's godawful or not open that's a personal must in late August.

In terms of organization I'll ask for top three spots for breakfast, top 6 snack stops/items and top 6 lunch/dinner spots so one can organize accordingly for a normal 2 or 3 day visit. Opinions on a particular meal-choice also welcome.

City Walk :
Moes - Usually for movie nights.
Cinnabun - Snack. Smoothies.
Menchies (Now)
Cold Stone (Now)
NBA City - (Actually never had a bad experience and I love basketball)

Islands of Adventure:
Circus McGurkus or something like that - Lunch for Pizza. Just something whacky about this place that always brings me back. I Love Suess i guess.
Burger Digs - Best burgers, views of IOA, and best chicken tenders here.

In Islands of adventure, I've eaten everywhere except anywhere in Harry Potter. Not really interested in Harry Potter type food.

Universal Studios Florida:
Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard - Chicken Waffle Sandwhich, The New Fresh Look, Multiple Options. Love it.
Mels - Best Burgers and Fries on USF side. I don't enjoy Ritchers! Classic look and outside eatery for Mels wins it for me.
Lombards Seafood - Fine dining with great options and views.
Beverly Hills Boulangerie - Quick snack shop!
KidZone Pizza - Hands down best pizza for some reason. I love Pizza.

There is an Italian restaurant Louies or Louigis near the mummy, they have good pizza as well , it's not my style of restaurant though so I barely go there.

In all, you can pick up snacks at many of these quick service places. They have fruits, salads, icees, chips or small pieces of cake. Then again, if I want something light, I'll always get a pretzel or churro to keep it moving on the go.

City Walk :
Moes - Usually for movie nights.
Cinnabun - Snack. Smoothies.
Menchies (Now)
Cold Stone (Now)
NBA City - (Actually never had a bad experience and I love basketball)

Islands of Adventure:
Circus McGurkus or something like that - Lunch for Pizza. Just something whacky about this place that always brings me back. I Love Suess i guess.
Burger Digs - Best burgers, views of IOA, and best chicken tenders here.

In Islands of adventure, I've eaten everywhere except anywhere in Harry Potter. Not really interested in Harry Potter type food.

Universal Studios Florida:
Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard - Chicken Waffle Sandwhich, The New Fresh Look, Multiple Options. Love it.
Mels - Best Burgers and Fries on USF side. I don't enjoy Ritchers! Classic look and outside eatery for Mels wins it for me.
Lombards Seafood - Fine dining with great options and views.
Beverly Hills Boulangerie - Quick snack shop!
KidZone Pizza - Hands down best pizza for some reason. I love Pizza.

There is an Italian restaurant Louies or Louigis near the mummy, they have good pizza as well , it's not my style of restaurant though so I barely go there.

In all, you can pick up snacks at many of these quick service places. They have fruits, salads, icees, chips or small pieces of cake. Then again, if I want something light, I'll always get a pretzel or churro to keep it moving on the go.

You got pretty much everything including my personal favorite circus, props to you on that one. But anyways check out the new resturant vivo. It's brand new and has all the theme park critics just all over it, looks like great Italian food. Also check out mythos

LOL My day has been made!!! Best resturant in orlando hands down, if universal had it they could just shut down potter, no need to open it the revenue and worldwide claim of a worlds largest mcdonalds would double the profits of the magic kingdom :pound:

Last edited:
LOL My day has been made!!! Best resturant in orlando hands down, if universal had it they could just shut down potter, no need to open it the revenue and worldwide claim of a worlds largest mcdonalds would double the profits of the magic kingdom :pound:
Shhhhhhh! Universal Creative will hear you, and before you can recite the McDonalds Rap we'll have Ronald McDonald's Clown Shoe Coaster and A Day in the Park with Ronald.

Shhhhhhh! Universal Creative will hear you, and before you can recite the McDonalds Rap we'll have Ronald McDonald's Clown Shoe Coaster and A Day in the Park with Ronald.

I can see the announcement now...
"We are so proud to announce the replacement of kidzone...mcdonalds land, since we were all kids watching those commercials we've always wanted to go to the world of mcdonalds and in the year 2017 we will be able to take you there in a brand new immersive land that'll be unlike no other. You'll he able to meet such lovable characters as grimace, Hamburgler and of course Ronald McDonald. Our main attraction here is the clown shoe coaster where tons of mcdonalds cheeseburgers will be forced into your mouth as you ride. When you get off, we put a convenient scale at the end to show how many pounds you've gained while riding. We have many more announcements to share in the upcoming months for this land but we will tell you this...diagon alley just sucks compared to it. Goodbye and thanks for joining us" -Mark Woodbury

You guys are so off with McDonald's Land. McD's is Disney. Uni is BK so it would have to be "Burger Kingdom".
Dude no way in hell would I be happy with that creepy Burger King mascot running around. Universal should just trade the potter rights for mcdonalds at Disney. Just think about the possibilities guys...the pinball possibilities

You got pretty much everything including my personal favorite circus, props to you on that one. But anyways check out the new resturant vivo. It's brand new and has all the theme park critics just all over it, looks like great Italian food. Also check out mythos

I've actually never been to Mythos. Will have to check it out before Universal rids of it.

You guys are so off with McDonald's Land. McD's is Disney. Uni is BK so it would have to be "Burger Kingdom".

How about "Wendy's World" with a red headed girl mascot?

And to answer the question, Mythos is the BEST!

I enjoy Finnegan's as well.

Wendy's can't compare, In the movie super size me a kid knew exactly who Ronald McDonald was but didn't know Abraham Lincoln and Jesus.,..not even kidding, Ronald McDonald is more iconic than anybody in the universal parks. Just do it universal

CityWalk
Best Sit-Down:: Margaritaville
Best Grab and Go:: The market place at Portofino (forgot the name)

Universal
Best Sit-Down:: Lombard's
Best Grab and Go:: Springfield

IOA
Best Sit-Down:: Mythos (surprised?)
Best Grab and Go:: Thunder Falls or Burger Digs

- Side note: IOA needs a boost in food quality like Studios has been getting...we've made it a habit to walk back over to Studios just to eat now

Overall the food is just too similar anywhere you go, the only differences in the restaurants is just the theme so choose your theme wisely. Also I want to say don't go to the comic strip cafe, it sucks

Thanks for all the opinions so far!

I'm personally thinking Mythos, Leaky Cauldron, Springfield and Finnigan's are the in-park musts and will try some of the new Citywalk venues.

Thanks for all the opinions so far!

I'm personally thinking Mythos, Leaky Cauldron, Springfield and Finnigan's are the in-park musts and will try some of the new Citywalk venues.

This is exactly what I would recommend. My order would be Mythos, Finnigan's, Leaky Cauldron, Springfield. Hopefully Finnigan's will be around for a long time, but I think it may be getting close to last call for them :(

Also a word of advice, no matter how good the Italian place near Mummy smells it doesn't taste nearly that good.