What are your Top Eateries at UOR? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What are your Top Eateries at UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Breakfast: The Kitchen's buffet at Hard Rock Hotel, Bayliner Diner at Cabana Bay (very low priced and quality food), Croissant Moon in Port of Entry is a MUST, all of their pastries are phenomenal and they have breakfast sandwiches if you desire something savory. Get yourself one of each Croissant Doughnut and share them with your party.

Snacks: Butterbeer (from Hog's Head, it tastes much better than from the cart), Onion & Potato Webb at Finnegan's, Cauldron Cake at Honeydukes, Tacos from the Bumblebee Man Taco Truck...D'ohnut Sundae from Lard Lad?...there's not much special in terms of snacks/things to pick on, mostly just your standard popcorn, pretzels, ice cream, frozen bananas etc. I would get the Chicken and Waffle sandwich to split with your party as a "snack" because of the novelty.

Restaurants: Margaritaville, Mythos, The Palm, Bob Marley's, maybe Mama Della's if you want a Carmine's type dinner and I suppose Finnegan's.

I haven't tried Red Oven, Vivo or obviously Cowfish. I've heard good things about Antojitos Up but the downstairs was incredibly underwhelming compared to how great Latin Quarter was.

City Walk :
Red Oven- Good quality pizza at pretty affordable prices. Probably just behind Sal's at Portofino in terms of best pizza at UOR.
Marley's- They have some good Jamaican cuisine. I enjoy the cajun chicken sandwich served on Coco bread, which comes with Yucca fries. Delicious.
Hard Rock- I really enjoy their burgers. Not everyone is a fan of the tourist vibe of the place, but everything I have had has been very good.
Antojitos- I have only been there twice, but it has been very good both times. I have tried their enchiladas and their fajitas, which were both tasty. Others have had issues, but I would recommend this place.

I would say Bubba Gump, Margerativille, and NBA city have average to decent food, but I would check out the places I listed above first.

Islands of Adventure:

Mythos is hands down the best restaurant in the park. You can't go wrong with anything at the place.
Burger Digs is probably the best quick service place at IOA, which isn't saying much as it doesn't have much competition. Their burgers have been well cooked every time I've gone there.
Three Broomsticks is pretty good as well, as long as you don't go when it is really busy. I had their fish and chips which were good, but there weren't enough fries too my liking. Would still recommend it though.

Universal Studios Florida:
Sit Down
Finnegan's- Traditional pub fare, but always well prepared. I particularly like the complimentary soda bread, served with a sweet apple dipping sauce. Mmmm...
Lombards- The best place to eat fish in the parks. The head chef is the same one as at Mythos, so the food is up to par. Their fish tacos are the best option on the menu. Get it.

Bumbleebee Taco Truck at Springfield- Imo the best new addition at Springfield. While pricey, all of the options are very fresh and full of flavor. Their beef tacos are the best.

Onsite Hotels
Sal's- Even if you aren't staying at Portofino, Sal's is still well worth the visit. Their pizza is incredible, among the best I have had in this country. The Salvatore-mozzerella, pepperoni, mushrooms- is the go to pick. Scrumptious.

Have heard great things about The Kitchen, but have yet to try it. Might be worth a visit.

Last edited:
I love Sal's, but just haven't made it there in a long time.

For atmosphere, I go with Mythos. It's just such a wonderful looking place, so soothing and chill, with great food.

Big fan of Ben and Jerry's (why don't we have scooped B&J in both parks? USF has 2!), and I was really impressed with Menchie's. Cold Stone is overpriced and mediocre.

Red Oven has wonderful pizza.

Vivo and Antojitos are both excellent, although I will say that I haven't been to Antojitos since shortly after it opened.

Emeril's and Tchoup Chop are great for fine dining.

The Palm is one of the best steakhouse chains in the country.

I think our breakfast options in the park could really use a boost. There's Starbucks, Croissant Moon, and The Boulangerie, and sometimes we have character breakfast. I think we need a full-service breakfast restaurant, or maybe counter service with choices like a Panera or Einstein's.

Do you all realize that all those pastries and our breads come out of the same general commissary? We have a fantastic F&B department, and they win awards and the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association show every year.

If I'm staying off site, I like stopping at the Waffle House for breakfast.

For the parks (often I do not want to spend too much on breakfast) we like Croissant Moon or Boulangrie. I like there breakfast sandwich or burrito and often one of their muffins is plenty.

For lunch in the parks, we will often hit up Blondie's as a sandwich often seems to settle better than having too many burgers.

Over at Springfield, I think I like Bumble Bee's food truck more than the options at FFB.

We like Mythos, but tend to spend more time in the Studios so we seem to eat at Finnegan's often. We have yet to try Lombards though.

Bfast-I really like the buffet at Islands (RPR) A little pricey but a fabulous selection.
Lunch - Has to be Mythos, even better when someone else is paying. Cheer Mike :thumbs:
Dinner - Another of RPR restaurants, Tchoup Tchoup by Emeril. Nice dinning room, great food and if you sit at the counter the chef interaction makes it a real fun time.

Grab & Go Bumble bees tacos. These things are so fresh and tasty I have had them all more than once, and will do again.

Other Hurricanes in City Walk, I know they aren't food but these things sure hit the spot. Looking forward to having one or two with some old friends in September :cheers:.

CityWalk
Best Sit-Down:: Margaritaville
Best Grab and Go:: The market place at Portofino (forgot the name)

Universal
Best Sit-Down:: Lombard's
Best Grab and Go:: Springfield

IOA
Best Sit-Down:: Mythos (surprised?)
Best Grab and Go:: Thunder Falls or Burger Digs

- Side note: IOA needs a boost in food quality like Studios has been getting...we've made it a habit to walk back over to Studios just to eat now

Yes they do, I have never been impressed with anything over there, since The enchanted Oak, that was grab and go. The studios is were we always ate.