Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I predict that they will hand us fart gun like blasters that can be sanitized between guests. The belt won't stop. And this will be very popular with the general public.
Midway Mania is a massive favorite, I recognize this could be the same.

That doesn’t mean I’d love it, but doesn’t mean it’s a bad decision either.

Guessing similar to that, in the style of Special Ops: Infected, they would be given out to audiences in a preshow instructing how things will be done, and that each weapon will have something to make it ever so softly different for repeatability.

I can see this being a crowdpleaser if it can mix digital media with practical effects. It needs to be a mixture of both, and not completely on one side or the other here.

I just have a hard time imagining how this will be a moving walkway shooter attraction and there won’t be constant legal issues if the belt suddenly stops and people fall and get hurt.

Also, how is this going to work for those with ECV’s/wheel chairs?
All my thoughts. Walk thru makes more sense, but means more work for team members.

It should’ve been a ride.

I just have a hard time imagining how this will be a moving walkway shooter attraction and there won’t be constant legal issues if the belt suddenly stops and people fall and get hurt.

Perhaps there is 2 lanes? One for the moving walkway, and one for mobility issue access?
I also have a really hard time visualizing how this will work out in my head, luckily Universal is very open about their projects and will give us concept art soon…. Oh wait.

Sorry, wait. Did I miss something? Are people saying Pets is not well liked? That ride is awesome! They did such a great job with it.

Did I miss something?!
It’s been influenced that SLOP gets poor GSAT’s. Likely due to capacity/seating issue for the ride.

It’s been influenced that SLOP gets poor GSAT’s. Likely due to capacity/seating issue for the ride.
The lapbar really did some people in lol

As far as the Minions walkthrough/moving walkway/attraction

I think Universal is trying to "rethink" the idea of a walkthrough

To me, this is in the same vein as virtual queues at VB. Like, I get what they're trying to do, but will it work in reality, and will it be better than what's already established? No clue yet.

This does have some elements of overcorrection from SLOP in terms of having a ride vehicle with a lapbar.

It's also a huge difference from anything else at the parks currently, maybe that's part of it?

Bottom line, I think they're trying to straddle a walkthrough, new ride, high capacity attraction, in a hurry, while trying something new, and trying to make sure everyone can do it

It could be a disaster, but it also could be a nice callback to the likes of Twister and Hitchcock

How are they going to manage the height difference between three foot tall children and six foot tall adults? There's going to have to be some kind of barrier blocking us from accessing the screens right?
That’s what keeps throwing me about this. Seats act as a great equalizer. If you have a walkway, there should to be some sort of rail, which means that children under a certain height wont be able to see/shoot. We’re clearly about to get an announcement soon per the social campaign, so I’m praying for some sort of concept art/explanation/anything to help me wrap my mind around this.

I am pretty sure Universal hopefully knows and takes the points you have made into account when designing this attraction.

They really errored when they designed those seats for pets in Hollywood. Don't know what they were thinking. But things are a learning process and if UO gets a ride like pets in the future, it will have seating that will properly fit all people in.

That’s what keeps throwing me about this. Seats act as a great equalizer. If you have a walkway, there should to be some sort of rail, which means that children under a certain height wont be able to see/shoot. We’re clearly about to get an announcement soon per the social campaign, so I’m praying for some sort of concept art/explanation/anything to help me wrap my mind around this.
Complimentary baby bjorns.

• Haha
Reactions: Magic Feather
I think this’ll be better than we think.
I'm starting to think the same. Universal Creative really has been consistently hitting it out of the park; even if this isn't as good as SLoP that doesn't mean it'll be bad. I'm a little excited