Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UC walkthrough attractions made for kids in Japan have been very interactive and clever using practical elements and few screens is why I think this will work very well....one thing we don't know is the amount of room for the walkways and if there will be dividers....if there are dividers between each group, this will work very well...

As for SLOP getting low GSATs....the level of detail is great...the ride story doesn't make sense...you end up in a firework factory then at the spa....its not cohesive, its too gentle, and it does not have a huge major wow moment which audience expect from Universal.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Might be to early to ask, but with the rumored conveyer belt system, does anyone know how Universal is planning on keeping guests from not running through the whole attraction? What I mean by this is how are they going to stop guests from walking over to the next shooting gallery while guests are supposed to stay at their shooting gallery?

Last edited:
Reactions: HHN Maddux
I have high hopes for this. They got burned on F&F and I don't see them making a big mistake on one of their most popular brands again.
While I have low expectations I am not expecting F&F level disaster here, but, it feels oddly similar in “this is all you can do with this IP?” Trigger.

While I have low expectations I am not expecting F&F level disaster here, but, it feels oddly similar in “this is all you can do with this IP?” Trigger.
With the timeline and budget they were given? Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if this was another attraction requested/paid for by the studio arm and they dictated it should be open by Minions 2's release.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With the timeline and budget they were given? Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if this was another attraction requested/paid for by the studio arm and they dictated it should be open by Minions 2's release.
Oh I get creative has to work within their boundaries, absolutely.

It’s just why is their not a larger investment, as a whole, for the Minions in Orlando.

It’s just why is their not a larger investment, as a whole, for the Minions in Orlando.

Yeah, I do agree.

I think to that also as a whole, Minions in Orlando is lesser than Hollywood, Japan, Beijing, and soon Singapore. While a part of that has to do with them keeping the soundstage feel, I still think the area’s in the other Universal parks are better.

It should, but it's really all about the timing and budget.

Minion Mayhem was rushed to open to take advantage of the film's success. After that, you had a building spree around the resort so budgets and Creative were all taken up. I'm sure if Nintendo never happened, a Minions land would have made its way to Kidzone or elsewhere in the park.

I am extremely surprised that Minions isn't one of the lands at EU.

(I still think they should have figured out a way to do something more significant at USF since you can expect a $$$ return from anything minions related.)

Minion Mayhem was rushed to open to take advantage of the film's success. After that, you had a building spree around the resort so budgets and Creative were all taken up. I'm sure if Nintendo never happened, a Minions land would have made its way to Kidzone or elsewhere in the park.

(I still think they should have figured out a way to do something more significant at USF since you can expect a $$$ return from anything minions related.)
This. All this. Couldn’t agree more and sums up my feelings.

Count me as one surprised there's not a Minions area of EU as well. Heck, I'd clone (with a new ride system to up capacity) SLOP and retheme it as a Minions dark ride for EU. Throw in the flat ride from Japan, the kiddie coaster from Beijing, and maybe the play area from Hollywood, and you've got a nice little mini land that would also be relatively cheap to tack onto the park for opening.

Count me as one surprised there's not a Minions area of EU as well. Heck, I'd clone (with a new ride system to up capacity) SLOP and retheme it as a Minions dark ride for EU. Throw in the flat ride from Japan, the kiddie coaster from Beijing, and maybe the play area from Hollywood, and you've got a nice little mini land that would also be relatively cheap to tack onto the park for opening.

Minions are way more popular in Asia with Adults than in US with adults...I think that's the biggest factor. Less negative feedback for building a minions based land in those areas and based on the responses on Shrek 4D getting replaced by minions from US adults, they don't want to deal with that vocal minority.

Minions are way more popular in Asia with Adults than in US with adults...I think that's the biggest factor. Less negative feedback for building a minions based land in those areas and based on the responses on Shrek 4D getting replaced by minions from US adults, they don't want to deal with that vocal minority.
I think you're over estimating how much Universal cares about some whiny facebook posts.

In Universal We Trust....y'all gotta stop being so negative.

Minions...they always bring a smile to my face.