Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally rode this last week. The indoor queue is short but interesting. The blaster is a little heavy and tired my arm out, yet I still had fun! It's definitely a unique attraction and I don't quite understand the hate it's receiving.

I got 530,000, so I dunno if that's good or not lol. Really do love being able to track my score and level up in the app.

Al Roker is there today showing off Minion Blast and Minion Cafe-- the local NBC affiliate WESH is doing live stand-ups from Universal this morning and they keep showing B-roll of Al in the attraction and cafe as well chopper shots of EU and are talking about Dreamworks Land.

I have a feeling they'll be talking Christmas stuff on Today, but who knows, we may get a new tidbit or two about Dreamworks or EU...

For anyone out of area, they stream their morning news, and in the next half hour their reporter is going to be talking to Al live:

Al Roker is there today showing off Minion Blast and Minion Cafe-- the local NBC affiliate WESH is doing live stand-ups from Universal this morning and they keep showing B-roll of Al in the attraction and cafe as well chopper shots of EU and are talking about Dreamworks Land.

I have a feeling they'll be talking Christmas stuff on Today, but who knows, we may get a new tidbit or two about Dreamworks or EU...

For anyone out of area, they stream their morning news, and in the next half hour their reporter is going to be talking to Al live:
Is this just the local affiliate or is the Today show going live from there as well?

First time on the site in about a month - but we rode this on our trip and it was fun. Only did it once, but wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Although it's exhausting and the guns wouldn't link for us.

First time on the site in about a month - but we rode this on our trip and it was fun. Only did it once, but wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Although it's exhausting and the guns wouldn't link for us.
I had trouble linking my phone and a TM did it for me in like a second :lol:

The blaster pick-up and little queue leading up to the belt is cramped and so many people were having issues linking when I rode. I honestly think the pick-up area needed to be much larger to accommodate blaster issues.

I had trouble linking my phone and a TM did it for me in like a second :lol:

The blaster pick-up and little queue leading up to the belt is cramped and so many people were having issues linking when I rode. I honestly think the pick-up area needed to be much larger to accommodate blaster issues.
I agree, we just went on it for the first time weekend before last. There was a group in front of us that stopped and went off to the side (we assumed because they were waiting on someone), and the TM started waving us in. I had no idea we had to sync at that point and we were already getting on.

I think if they just had the gun distribution up a little bit or gave you more of a head's up it would be fine. I definitely was feeling ill prepared and rushed, so we just ended up going on without syncing. I was hoping I could sync after the fact but thats a no go too

villainconblaster.png
Image taken from Orlando Informer (linked).

Where were people scanning their phone?

When I did this I thought you had to scan somewhere near orange area I marked. The TM pointed to the green area and the scan was instant. I've only gotten to do this once so haven't confirmed it but I think that's where you're supposed to scan and it should be fast.

It would help if they had a small phone icon or something there. It really doesn't feel like you have a lot of time between getting your blaster and being in the first scene if it's your first time.

View attachment 19951

When I did this I thought you had to scan somewhere near orange area I marked. The TM pointed to the green area and the scan was instant. I've only gotten to do this once so haven't confirmed it but I think that's where you're supposed to scan and it should be fast.

It would help if they had a small phone icon or something there. It really doesn't feel like you have a lot of time between getting your blaster and being in the first scene if it's your first time.
Correct. Essentially you’re pointing the top edge of your phone towards the V6 logo while pressing the phone’s back against that blank space below the blaster’s screen.

View attachment 19951

yes, you are supposed to tap the top of your phone to where that green square is. its a little counter intuitive and odd the first time around, but syncing has been pretty fast lately.

Yeah once in the right spot the sycing is instant. It just comes down to a small learning curve for first timers. They should still have left a tiny bit more room so people had time to figure it out and sync up.

I saw the 'connection' logo prior to the APP coming out, but it was no longer on the blaster when I rode and the APP was available.
Was it like a sticker that probably fell off? That's where I was getting confused. I saw the posts mentioning the connection mark was but I swore I didn't see one when I went. I glanced through some old footage but I don't see it there either in the ones I looked at. I'm happy someone else mentioned not seeing a logo there!

(This is the important content we use this site for right? lol)

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Yeah once in the right spot the sycing is instant. It just comes down to a small learning curve for first timers. They should still have left a tiny bit more room so people had time to figure it out and sync up.

Was it like a sticker that probably fell off? That's where I was getting confused. I saw the posts mentioning the connection mark was but I swore I didn't see one when I went. I glanced through some old footage but I don't see it there either in the ones I looked at. I'm happy someone else mentioned not seeing a logo there!

Was just there yesterday. There is definitely not a sync mark on any of the blasters.

IMG_0719.jpeg

First the beetles on USO Mummy now sync logos on blasters.

Well your former universe was much easier for people to sync, so I am sorry you've drifted into ours lol
Universal may wanna check their syncing too!

I was curious and it seems there's conflicting information about this. I just checked the app and it even mentions a symbol that isn't there.

img1.PNG img2.PNG

Looks like some Minions forgot to put the symbol sticker on the blasters? It would explain why some people remember it and others don't because they're remembering the app version and not the real thing.

If you're between the two lines you're good but if you're looking for a symbol that isn't there well... good luck! lol

First the beetles on USO Mummy now sync logos on blasters.

Universal may wanna check their syncing too!

I was curious and it seems there's conflicting information about this. I just checked the app and it even mentions a symbol that isn't there.

View attachment 19976 View attachment 19975

Looks like some Minions forgot to put the symbol sticker on the blasters? It would explain why some people remember it and others don't because they're remembering the app version and not the real thing.

If you're between the two lines you're good but if you're looking for a symbol that isn't there well... good luck! lol
Wow, am I still stuck between universes?

it was a sticker. I do not see how it fell off as it seemed to be missing on all the blasters (that I could see). I know I did see the sticker BEFORE the app was released. I know this for I think of that symbol as being for wi-fi, I do not know if there is a symbol for NFC use.