Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anecdotally, friends of mine who are big Disney fans but aren't "park people" just did Minion Blast and enjoyed it. They weren't blown away or disappointed, but thought it was fun and a good addition to the park.

They loved the food offerings and tried a lot of it.

All together this seems like a win.

Anecdotally, friends of mine who are big Disney fans but aren't "park people" just did Minion Blast and enjoyed it. They weren't blown away or disappointed, but thought it was fun and a good addition to the park.

They loved the food offerings and tried a lot of it.

All together this seems like a win.
For what it is, a b/c ticket, and a low budget, it will probably be considered a success. Main thing is it will be fun for the older kids and teenagers, kid's moms and dads, which is probably it's demographic target.

Reactions: GAcoaster and Nico
Went on it, it's fun! Probably doesn't video very well, I haven't watched any myself. But the game is decent fun, I like turning and shooting at a window or fish tank in the scenery and it being another screen to use for the game. Makes it feel like even if the main screen is too busy to find your spot there's always somewhere to shoot and gain points in. I also really like the phone element and the idea of achievements and friends lists. It's a degree of video game-ification that I think is fun and works to make it different from MiB. The preshow room is also very cute and well themed.

I also just appreciate the accessibility of the attraction in a park that largely doesn't have too much for that at the current moment. It's much better than Shrek, it takes up less space, capacity won't go down when HHN rolls around each year, and alongside the wonderful Minion Cafe additions on the block over make the front of the park much more tonally consistent. Hollywood is right there if you want Main Street, it's got a new incredible show, a cool Tribute Store, and characters literally everywhere nowadays. I saw Julian, the Penguins, BJ, Simpsons, the Scooby Gang, and Betty all out at the same time the other day. If the kids want to ride something right now, VCMB is now here too. Minionland is a very solid upgrade that only makes the park better imo.

So the ride queue and stores have the minions soundtrack and the land had the production central one? (i’ve heard minions 2 songs in videos)

Maybe i’m wrong and the production central mix just already had minions songs mixed in there? idk

looking at thrill data and I see they have wait time for (and only for) the 2 Minion Land attractions at 8am. It's a 9am opening, no early entry. Anyone know what's going on here? Are they letting people in right at 8? Any crowds?

looking at thrill data and I see they have wait time for (and only for) the 2 Minion Land attractions at 8am. It's a 9am opening, no early entry. Anyone know what's going on here? Are they letting people in right at 8? Any crowds?

Probably just a glitch. It happens from time to time.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I've done this twice now (and boy, I am not good at it, judging from my score) but I'm impressed they squueezed all that and a store into that area plus a queue. The app definitely makes for re-rideabilityl Most of the people seemed to be having a lot of fun.

I've done this twice now (and boy, I am not good at it, judging from my score) but I'm impressed they squueezed all that and a store into that area plus a queue. The app definitely makes for re-rideabilityl Most of the people seemed to be having a lot of fun.
The fact that there’s supposedly also a whole space empty in there set aside for HHN houses that’s nearly the same size as the ride is astonishing.