USH Price Increase! | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Price Increase!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So essentially, they finally added the one perk that Orlando had on their premium pass to ours, and Gold pass members finally get free parking till five?

I guess premium members finally get what they payed for; which is good. But the real deal is with Gold passes. Hopefully these changes help; as they are good changes.

Reactions: 12th Man
So essentially, they finally added the one perk that Orlando had on their premium pass to ours, and Gold pass members finally get free parking till five?

I guess premium members finally get what they payed for; which is good. But the real deal is with Gold passes. Hopefully these changes help; as they are good changes.

If this perk doesn't help, I don't know what else will. Having parking with the Gold pass should help a LOT as that was the biggest downer with the new pass system. It makes me happy as I will only have to spend $300 to get a pass with parking next year. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
I believe the entire day now. Don't hold me on that. 

Still just to 5.

For like, no reason but whatever. 

This is a good move, and hopefully they and Disney will eventually take away the clearly boneheaded dynamic pricing idea. This is a little frightening just how much USH is admitting defeat, but it's always nice to know there is room for a little humility.

I'm so happy! I have the Gold Annual Pass and have missed the parking add-in for so long! I wasn't willing to purchase a Platinum Annual Pass initially, so this is awesome news (at least for me, not so much for Universal  ^_^ )!

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that to use the FOL with Platinum, you'd have to get it scanned each time, because they want to make sure you're only doing it once a day.

Great.  So now those cheap paper passes will fade even quicker.  If this isn't a reason to get a plastic pass, at least for Platinum, I don't know what is.

Now, just make parking all day for Platinum, and I think I could be in!

From one of my posts in the WWoHP thread on April 20:

As guests, the relatively soft attendance is a boon for those of us who can visit the park and enjoy a brand new land without mind-numbing wait times or shoulder-to-shoulder crowds. So I'm not complaining! I'm just surprised that the large crowds haven't materialized. I'm definitely interested to see if any changes to the AP program come about later in the year, as your article also speculated, e.g. lifting of blockout dates. Personally, I'm hoping for some added benefits to the Platinum Pass (*cough* Front of Line privileges *cough*) to make that pass more appealing.

So, the Platinum Pass now has the Front of Line benefit? It's almost like Universal executives may have been reading Inside Universal articles and these forums since someone speculated that very idea back in April. *whistles innocently*

Hehe. I'm sure there were others who had the same idea too. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Platinum Pass was priced too high and that Universal would never LOWER the price. So they had to add benefits. Bringing it in line with Florida's top-tier pass that comes with their "Express Pass" benefit makes a lot of sense. 

And adding parking to the Gold Pass is what that pass SHOULD have had from the very beginning. Their sales of APs must have been really off the mark if they made these changes now, instead of waiting until after the peak summer period. But I'm glad for these changes, even if it's late.

I assume that to use the FOL with Platinum, you'd have to get it scanned each time, because they want to make sure you're only doing it once a day.

Great.  So now those cheap paper passes will fade even quicker.  If this isn't a reason to get a plastic pass, at least for Platinum, I don't know what is.

Now, just make parking all day for Platinum, and I think I could be in!

Yesterday, I was able to use the Platinum pass on WaterWorld and all they did was look at the pass and wave us through.

The changes continue...

For a limited time (until August 15), Universal has reinstated the CA Resident Annual Pass with 224 days of valid admission. The price is $109, and you should receive an email if you've ever been an annual pass holder.

The changes continue...

For a limited time (until August 15), Universal has reinstated the CA Resident Annual Pass with 224 days of valid admission. The price is $109, and you should receive an email if you've ever been an annual pass holder.

That's six dollars less than up-front admission. Yikes.