USH Price Increase! | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Price Increase!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So when I was at the park today I went to guest relations to ask them to update my California Resident Pass blackout calendar (purchased in April). At first he checked with someone else because he wasn't sure, and then told me it was only the season passes that they were updating (extending from December to February), and not the annual, and there were no changes to the California Resident Pass. When I said there was the email that had gone out with fewer blackout days, he said since it was an online only offer to select people, they weren't updating the calendar. I told him I had emailed to check, specifying which pass I had, and even gave my pass number, and was told I'd be able to upgrade - so he looked at the email, went to check with someone again, and then came back and did it for us.

Ultimately I'm not sure if he only did it because someone had approved it in the email, or if there had been some sort of miscommunication earlier when he'd checked if they were updating for this pass or not.

Uh, so a new month and it looks like a new Costco pass.   :p

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere but Costco is now selling a pass for $199.99, called:

Universal Studios Hollywood Gold Annual Pass eTicket, California

Features:

Come any date on the first visit. 337 available days for return visits, including 83 weekend days.¹ Includes free General Parking before 5:00 p.m.² Valid for 12 consecutive months from selected first visit date. Black-out dates apply for return visits. First visit must occur on or before 6/15/17. Universal City, California, Delivered via email

http://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Gold-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100310884.html

Benefits: 

• Come any date on the first visit
  • Valid for 12 consecutive months from selected first visit date
  • 337 available days for return visits, including 83 weekend days¹
  • Includes free General Parking on every valid visit before 5:00 p.m.²
  • 15% discount on in-park food, beverage and merchandise³
  • 10%-20% discount at participating CityWalk® locations⁴
  • Special event access and sweepstakes opportunities

Come any date on the first visitREVISIT BLACK-OUT DATES2016:August 6-7, 13-14, 20December 25-312017:April 15May 27-28June 24July 1-3, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30August 2017 – 2018 dates can be found at www.UniversalPassMember.com/2016K

Uh, so a new month and it looks like a new Costco pass.   :p

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere but Costco is now selling a pass for $199.99, called:

Universal Studios Hollywood Gold Annual Pass eTicket, California

Features:

Come any date on the first visit. 337 available days for return visits, including 83 weekend days.¹ Includes free General Parking before 5:00 p.m.² Valid for 12 consecutive months from selected first visit date. Black-out dates apply for return visits. First visit must occur on or before 6/15/17. Universal City, California, Delivered via email

http://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Gold-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100310884.html

Benefits: 

• Come any date on the first visit
  • Valid for 12 consecutive months from selected first visit date
  • 337 available days for return visits, including 83 weekend days¹
  • Includes free General Parking on every valid visit before 5:00 p.m.²
  • 15% discount on in-park food, beverage and merchandise³
  • 10%-20% discount at participating CityWalk® locations⁴
  • Special event access and sweepstakes opportunities

Come any date on the first visitREVISIT BLACK-OUT DATES2016:August 6-7, 13-14, 20December 25-312017:April 15May 27-28June 24July 1-3, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30August 2017 – 2018 dates can be found at www.UniversalPassMember.com/2016K

This pass would not qualify for early entry correct?

^That's not bad at all! It does show how much they messed up on their AP program, but I'm glad they're offering that. Much better value that the Costco DCA Pass. 

Yeah, I agree.  However, every time some new pass comes out, I keep thinking it's the best value, haha.  I gave in and got the season pass when it was announced, because I thought that was the best bang for your buck at the time.  Now this new Costco pass is pretty much it.  

This pass would not qualify for early entry correct?

I am not sure as nothing is really clear with these passes.  It may be best to call Universal and let them confirm that, although even that isn't always clear as well.  However, on the Costco page, no reference to early entry is made.  

I am not sure as nothing is really clear with these passes.  It may be best to call Universal and let them confirm that, although even that isn't always clear as well.  However, on the Costco page, no reference to early entry is made.  

I think, technically, no, it does not qualify. Only passes bought directly from Universal's web site are supposed to qualify for early entry. But I've head mixed reports about whether the early entry restrictions are actually enforced. It might be at the whim of the employee at the turnstile.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! And I JUST bought our passes at Costco less than three weeks ago, for $109.99 each.
Will be looking into upgrading by the end of the year - I wonder if it would be just as cost-effective to spend the $$ and re-buy the $199.00 passes at Costco in December and extend the 12 months instead of paying the (more or less) same price to upgrade our existing passes. :blink:

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! And I JUST bought our passes at Costco less than three weeks ago, for $109.99 each.
Will be looking into upgrading by the end of the year - I wonder if it would be just as cost-effective to spend the $$ and re-buy the $199.00 passes at Costco in December and extend the 12 months instead of paying the (more or less) same price to upgrade our existing passes. :blink:

I am pretty much thinking about doing the same thing.  If I were to upgrade my current season pass to the Gold, I would pay $170, but it would start from the date of the first use.  If I pay $30 more, I can add an additional 12 months after my season pass expires in February.  I could also end up returning the Costco pass if a new one comes out that is better, since they can do returns so long as the pass isn't used.  

Yeah, I agree.  However, every time some new pass comes out, I keep thinking it's the best value, haha.  I gave in and got the season pass when it was announced, because I thought that was the best bang for your buck at the time.  Now this new Costco pass is pretty much it.  

Just keep slapping those who bought the premium option in the face.

But yeah if there's any hesistation that Universal overstated their confidence in Potter's performance, it's this. They be backtracking.

I agree. They're 'nervous moonwalking' out of the room...

(Random quote/Nick Miller reference from New Girl)....

Just keep slapping those who bought the premium option in the face.

But yeah if there's any hesistation that Universal overstated their confidence in Potter's performance, it's this. They be backtracking.

They should have added better perks to make up for that price difference. At least a HHN pass or front of the line ticket rather than a single GA ticket (and parking hours past 5pm).

Still waiting for a better pass... should I wait more?? I mean, it looks sweet now, but I am afraid a better one comes along, considering the constant changes . Is 199 the best we think we can get? I can't remember what the price for the Premium Star Pass was.

And flex pay should make a comeback

Still waiting for a better pass... should I wait more?? I mean, it looks sweet now, but I am afraid a better one comes along, considering the constant changes . Is 199 the best we think we can get? I can't remember what the price for the Premium Star Pass was.

And flex pay should make a comeback

I think the question is are you planning on going soon?  Or can you wait to see if anything better comes out?  I would guess that they may have another pass as the holidays get closer, but who knows.

I didn't get a close look but i'm pretty sure I saw a pass deal posted for $125 when on base today. Was going too fast to see any details but if you have a military discount, it might be worth looking into!

Reactions: 12th Man
Does anyone know if the Costco $199 pass is still for sale?  And is it possible to order one online using someone else's membership card (or will it default to the member's name/e-mail on the pass).  Thanks.

Does anyone know if the Costco $199 pass is still for sale?  And is it possible to order one online using someone else's membership card (or will it default to the member's name/e-mail on the pass).  Thanks.

It is still online.

Once you buy the pass, if my understanding is correct, it sends you a voucher.  You then take that voucher and activate it online using whatever name is going to be on it.